• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] Golden Lands Beta 1.6 AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
GOLDEN LANDS

Golden Lands is a fast-paced MOBA that requires teamplaying. Both teams with 5 players each, they command a powerful “Boss” and can capture important points called “Bases” to get a good positioning and tools to defend his territory and “Gold Mines” that generates the “Resources” used to win the game.
Destroy your enemies and the enemy Boss and get a lot of “Resources” to win the game.
Can be played 5vs5 and slots can be filled with Computers.
The game has 2 win conditions.
A) Gather 3000 Resources.​
B) Destroys the 2 Gate Towers located at entrance of each base.​
There are various factors to fulfill the objective, that will be explained below.

GAMEPLAY

BASES

GOLD MINES

TEAM BOSSES

wc3scrnshot_021619_212904_01-png.316141

The Bases are important placements, there are 4 of them distributed in the map and they are composed by a resistant tower that gives vision and true sight and a Banner that offers options to attack and defend with the Boss.
  • Can be captured by standing in the capturing zone for 10 seconds. Less if there are more heroes capturing the base.
  • If the hero leaves the capturing zone (that is a fixed distance) is stunned and cancels his capturing.
  • Every owned base spawn troops that attacks the next enemy base.
A Base can spawn basic units that are composed by 3 melee and 1 range unit, but each increased level of the base adds 1 new unit to the spawned group, and is Upgraded automatically, taking 1 Gold from Boss player every second as long as the Base is controlled.
  • They are spawned with variant time depends in the number of bases controlled, more bases controlled more time take to spawn units and viceversa.
  • When the respective Gold Mine is enemy, the spawned units automatically attack the Gold Mine until it is controlled.
Every Base has his "Banner" this unit offers two options to work with the Boss (Teleport and Attack).
The Banner options can be activated by any player, select the Banner changes the ownership.
  • Can "Teleport" the boss to the tower, if is succesful make the tower "Guarded" by the Boss.
  • Can make an "Attack" with the Boss, will attack together with the next wave, the Base need to be "Guarded" by the Boss.

wc3scrnshot_021619_213550_03-png.316142

The Gold Mines are the main and most importantly structure in this game, there are 4 distributed in the map, they provide the "Resources" to win the game, with more Mines controlled more Resources generated and faster.
  • Can be captured be attacking it, the last hit determines the owner.
  • Capturing a Gold Mine gives Resources to team as well gold, honor and percent exp to each team member.
  • Lossing a Gold Mine by an enemy, reduces the team Resources.
  • The Gold Mine is damaged periodically, if the Gold Mine is lost with this damage, become a neutral Gold Mine and the owner don't loss Resources.
  • Each owned Gold Mine increase the Boss income.
  • The Resources is generated periodically and increasing his amount and decreasing his time with number of Gold Mines controlled.
  • If a Gold Mine is not captured passed 2 min of game (at the beginning of game) or 15 seconds (after it is lost be a team) a Neutral Hostile camp level hard is spawned.

wc3scrnshot_021619_213939_07-png.316143

The Bosses are a powerful hero, with his own set of abilities, can be used to defend and attack the enemy Bases or Gold Mines.
  • The behavior like atacking, move and cast spells area controlled by his own AI.
  • Learns/increase level of his abilities while he gains more levels.
  • Can receive orders by any player using the abilities in the "Base Banner" from a controlled base.
  • Can "Guard" a Base to defend it. standing in his area until any order is given.
  • Can "Attack" a Base or Gold Mine, upon finish attacking, returns to his "Guarded" base by Teleporting to it.
  • Can "Teleport" to a base, if is succesful "Guard" the base.
The team Bosses are a very important unit, his correct management is very important. There are some rules that is applied when the Boss dies.
  • To reviving apply the same rules like a hero but doubled time.
  • Gives bonus gold, honor and a percentage of current exp level, to all killer team members.
The team Bosses can gain gold that can be used to upgrade Bases.
  • Gold is given periodically and is increased according to the number of mines controlled.
  • The player Boss gains gold from killed heroes.
  • Capturing Bases and Gold Mines gives bonus gold.
  • Lossing a Base or Gold Mine implies lossing gold.
  • If the boss dies, loses gold.

HEROES

HEROES

UPGRADE ABILITIES

wc3scrnshot_021619_195003_02b-png.316144

There are 15 heroes to select, but they are divide in "Factions" there are 5 Factions (Human, Orc, Night Elf, Undead and Neutral)
Night Elf, Undead and Neutral are Factions that are present in both teams, but the Human and Orc factions are exclusive to their teams,
Orc faction its exclusive to The Horde and Human faction is exclusive to The Alliance.
  • Heroes can reach level 20.
  • The heroes can upgrade his abilities, increasing his effects.
  • Heroes can select a "Superior Upgrade" on one of his abilities. Gives a unique effect to that ability.
  • Heroes can select a "Combat Mastery" given a unique effects based on wich mastery is selected.
  • Heroes can select "Perks" in specific levels, adding little and great bonuses.
  • Heroes have special attributes such as (Block, Evasion, Resistance,Regeneration,Spell Bonus, Spell Strength and Attack Strength).
When a hero dies, some rules are applied.
  • When the hero dies, loss gold based in the number of Bases controlled.
  • The time to revive depends on how far the hero died from his main Base. a huge distance takes more time to revive.

wc3scrnshot_021619_214636_08-png.316145

Similar to a talent system, but the skills ca be fully upgraded with the time, a upgraded ability increases his effect or adds a new ones.
  • Every upgrade has 3 levels.
  • Upgrade an ability cost gold and honor and has 1 level skip requeriment.
  • The first Upgrade that reach level 3 become the "Superior Upgrade", every ability has different superior upgrade effect and only one of them can be.
  • When 2 upgrades reach level 3 the upgrade for the fourth ability unlocks.
  • When the fourth upgrade is unlocked, the hero can be select a "Combat Mastery" that has unique effects depend of wich mastery is selected.
  • Select a Mastery cost honor and cannot be reseted.
Upgrading an ability is very important, some heroes fullfil some weak points whith this, the honor earned in the battle is mostly used to upgrade abilities.
Every Mastery Type is different and offers some puntual effects.
The Combat Mastery is commonly used to allow the heroes to stand more time in the battle, either disabling enemies or increasing his own durability.
The Dexterity Mastery is commonly used to allow heroes to get more movement in the battle or fast action on his abilities.
The Wisdom Mastery is commonly used to add more sustain to heroes abilities, either reducing cooldowns or adding recover capabilities.

ITEMS

ITEMS

wc3scrnshot_021619_214826_09-png.316146

The items are divided in 4 main types, (Armor, Weapon, Trinket and Magic Accessory) and 3 levels (Normal, Superior, Epic)
  • A hero can only carry 3 items of the same type.
  • All combined items has his Recipe, this recipe has a fixed cost based on his level.
The items of type Armor and Weapon can be Enchanted, adding new effects or boost his stats.
  • To Enchant a item, this item should be in the first slot and must be of type Armor or Weapon.
  • If a item that already has a enchanting is enchanted, deletes the current enchant.
  • The enchant only works if the item is owned.
  • The enchanting cost gold and honor.

AI

AI BEHAVIOR

The AI is enough to test the map properly, they cast all his abilities and defend their Bases and Gold Mines.
What to don't expect from the AI.
  • They don't purchase items.
  • They don't upgrade his abilities, as well don't select a Mastery.
  • They don't upgrade the Base either don't train new units.

PROGRESS

I must say that I am about to finish my first map and post it on Hive, some bugs and things that i know maybe they will delay me.
  • Heroes - 100%
  • Items - 100%
  • Terrain - 100%
  • Playability - 90%
  • AI - 80%
Things to do:
  • Make the abilities of Spawned Units.
  • Make the AI to purchase items and upgrade abilities.
  • Some AI tweaks
  • Works on Mercenary Camp

SCREENSHOTS

entire-map-png.316123
The red numbers are the Bases, the yellow numbers are the Gold Mines and the Blue numbers are the Main Base of each team.
heroes-jpg.316124

wc3scrnshot_021619_195646_06-png.316130

wc3scrnshot_021619_195753_07-png.316131

wc3scrnshot_021619_195834_08-png.316132

wc3scrnshot_021619_195907_09-png.316133

wc3scrnshot_021619_201350_12-png.316136

wc3scrnshot_021619_200615_11-png.316135

wc3scrnshot_021619_200128_10-png.316134

CHANGELOG

AUTOR NOTES

Oks it's been a while since i update the post, i worked on the map occasionally, but everthing is coming out as I had thought.
I changed a lot of things, and gameplay is too different from the old map posted.
I never seen before any map like this, because it's a kind of experimental game maybe need a lot of balance and maybe a total change of some features that I will change with pleasure to make this game stable and enjoyable.
Any criticism, suggestion are welcome.

If you want to know the game in depth you can read this
Golden Lands
it contains mechanics, formulas and a bunch of numbers that are heavy to read on a post.
(It is not finished yet)

Attachments

• GoldenLands Beta 1.6.w3x
    10.5 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Never been a AOS/Arena map fan, however I want to give you a thumbs up since it has a unique map layout, abilities are nicely written and terrain seems OK for the genre. (though I think it could benefit from better tiles)

The map thread is informative but I think it could be structured better.
I think the indent tag would do a lot of work here.
Also use
  • a
  • list
  • this
  • instead

Level 8
Never been a AOS/Arena map fan, however I want to give you a thumbs up since it has a unique map layout, abilities are nicely written and terrain seems OK for the genre. (though I think it could benefit from better tiles)

Some Tiles are fully customized and others are a little edit of Warcraft standard Tiles, i think that is ok, but if i found another, it will change.

Chaosy said:
The map thread is informative but I think it could be structured better.
I think the indent tag would do a lot of work here.

Yes, thanks for the suggestion, i will improve the post.

Level 8
Looks good, man. Keep up the good work!
If I only could suggest - do it for 24 players instead of 12.
I've done my MOBA map from 10 to 20 players now thanks to newest patch.
Thanks man, yes, I could do it for 12+ players but, I'm not sure, because there are only 15 heroes, of course I can have heroes repeated per player, but the hero loses his singularity, but in the future I think the number of heroes will increase, then I can increase the number of players.

Thanks for Suggest, soon i upload a test map.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Your idea is really good but making an AoS with more than 10 players might turn into chaos during the fights. Think about +20 players using their ultimates or normal spells at once in the fight. Would you be able to see anything anymore during that? Even with 10 players, sometimes the fights are like that. But anyway, interesting concept :)

Level 8
Your idea is really good but making an AoS with more than 10 players might turn into chaos during the fights. Think about +20 players using their ultimates or normal spells at once in the fight. Would you be able to see anything anymore during that? Even with 10 players, sometimes the fights are like that. But anyway, interesting concept :)

hehe, yes, the accumulation of effects and flashy lights, makes the fights difficult to see, I think that 12 (6vs6) players are perfect for this type of map. Thanks for comment.

I uploaded a test map, so they can see what I have done, some spells don't have tooltips, some don't work as expected, etc. Read the first post.

Level 9
Oh man you better updated all of those tooltips.....

Pros: Good terrain, really interesting heroes (already love the Lizard Archer since she has a summon)

Cons: Basicly the map is REALLY EARLY IN BETA STATE, wrong tooltips, items doesn't work, I don't know what you are doing but the troops never spawns...

Overall, its too early to say anything but I have high hopes for it. Please don't abandon this project or at least make it to a "playable" state then you can dump it out in the Maps section and forget about it. Cheers!

Last edited:
Level 8
Oh man you better updated all of those tooltips.....

Pros: Good terrain, really interesting heroes (already love the Lizard Archer since she has a summon)

Cons: Basicly the map is REALLY EARLY IN BETA STATE, wrong tooltips, items doesn't work, I don't know what you are doing but the troops never spawns...

Overall, its too early to say anything but I have high hopes for it. Please don't abandon this project or at least make it to a "playable" state then you can dump it out in the Maps section and forget about it. Cheers!

Thanks for test. Yeah the tooltips are wrong, but 90% of triggers of spells are done, i will improve the tooltips, when finish heroes one by one. There are only 2 heroes finished (Bandit Champion and Elder Naturist) i am working on Demon Guard.

I think it's not clearly, see this image.
bases-position-png.300841

The red numbers represent the Bases and the yellow numbers represent the Gold Mines.
when you type -troops the base 3 is controlled by The Alliance and simulate an attack to Base 1, if you don't control the base 1 the troops dissapear upon reach the destination.

You can attack a enemy base by selecting the attack ability of Base flag unit. you can try to select to attack the base 3. Also the attack can be done to Gold Mines.

Attachments

• Bases Position.png
    Bases Position.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,046
Level 8
Update
- Heroes finished, Elder Naturist, Death Sting, Arcane Disruptor.
- Various Tooltips improved, related to Pick System, added hero information.
- The Cooldown of the abilities are updated in their Tooltips; To test this pick the Arcane Disruptor.
- Added new Damage Text system. (I tried to make the texts do not overlap).
- Added new test Commands, -g (adds 9999 gold) -tp adds globals blink (to test).
- various little improvements to map.
- Post improved a bit.

I found a bug related to Attack AutoCast abilities (Searing Arrow), the cooldown bug, some mechanics are ruined.(Third skill Demon Guard), i going to replace this ability.

Last edited:
Level 8
This post is a bit unrelated but i'm interested on cooldown systems.
Just tested the Arcane Disruptor. I think you are lacking either a periodic or ongoing UI Refresh function so the tooltip updates with each Enigmatic "Thing" tick. Otherwise the tooltip of the ability will update after you cast the ability, and this is not that informative.
For a basic UI Refresh function you just add and remove an ability to the unit. You should add an ability that you would rather never use.

Level 8
Thanks for test.
Yeah, i forgot those case, my mistake. I fixed the issue, and tooltips information works properly. Also the tooltip is updated at end cooldown..

For a basic UI Refresh function you just add and remove an ability to the unit. You should add an ability that you would rather never use.

I didn't know that, thanks for the information, i'm going to test.

Level 8
New Update 16/07/2018

• Added 5 Heroes 100% working (Scarlet Guard, Fel Rider, Soul Bone, Sacred Champion, Shadow Assassin)
  • Added feature "Reinforcement", explained in the first post.
  • Added new type of Troops (Basic Caster and Siege)
  • Attack and armor types customized.
  • Hero Attribute tooltip changed to match the game mechanics.
  • Removed -r command because make Cooldown System buggy (especially with abilities with charges)

I'm will stop developing heroes, to procced to develop Items. The Ai is so hard to make, but i have a little progress, so this is a low priority.

The Next steps that i will make.
- More Items and Combinations.
- Items Clasification System, such a Weapon, Armor, Magic Accesories, Trinket, a hero can not have more than 2 weapons, 1 armor, 1 magic Accessorie, 1 Trinket.
- Enchant Items: Possibility to Enchant Weapon and Armor, the enchants give a unique effect to the item. A Item can have 1 Enchanting at a time. Enchant for Weapons example: Cold Attack, Cleave.
- Perks, posibility to choose Perks in the levels 6,11,16,21,24. The perks gives the hero a bonus, for example to Perks of Level 6 -> +8 Strength.
Level 24 -> +35 Spell Bonus.

The code is improved a bit, i can't believe that every time I check the code I find something to improve. I try to be careful in this aspect and many of the mechanics are made by Triggers, so I improve it before I run into a bad performance.

Thanks for read.

Last edited:
Level 8
New Update 27/07/2018
A little update.
  • Added Basic Items, which will serve as the base for the creation of advanced items.
  • Added feature "Perks", explained in the first post.
  • Replaced the Bridge doodad with a normal terrain, because warcraft 3 bridges are very strange.
  • Added various icons and improved description to Upgrade skills.

The base for the Items are done, i will continue develop Heroes (4 to complete).

Thanks for read.

Level 8
New Update 10/08/18
  • All Heroes finished, 100% working.
  • Terrain 100% completed.
  • Nows the reinforcements summons 2 groups of them.
  • Added visual indicator (via hp bar) to control base progress.
  • Added 3 abilities to Hero Information book, to show the current attributes bonuses and perks selected.
  • Various balance changes.
  • Added some Map Info.
  • Improved main post a bit, Added mechanics.
I accept suggestions about the heroes, it is really hard to test in single player, but i want to get some feedback about them, i develop ideas for heroes huge years ago but never put them on a playable map.

My vacations are gone.... but my first goal are done, finish the heroes and terrain. Items and some game play adjustment will be done slowly :(.

Special Thanks to @cleavinghammer @Pyrogasm @xISLx and @Lord_Earthfire for help me for some ability ideas.

Thanks for read.

Last edited:
Level 8
Update Beta 1.4

Big changes were made based on a few game sessions on BN.
- Now the Base are Upgraded automatically removing 1 gold from Boss player, every new level of the Base gives a new unit to the spawned group.
- Various adjustments to the cost of upgrades, now is more accessible.
- Now the Boss (Increases/decreases) damage based in the difference between Bases, when a Team is in a disadvantage in number of Bases, his Boss is more dangerous to the other team.
- Changed the hero max level to 20.
- Added Quick-Buy system, to make the items more easy to combine, It purchase the components of a recipe with 1 click.
- And more changes, the full changelog here:

Golden Lands Updates

Regards.

Last edited:
Level 8
Update Beta 1.5

- Changed the way that Gold Mines are captured, now damage against gold mines are fixed (25 for heroes and 5 for units) the gold mine is more difficult to destroy. Also leveling the corresponding base of that gold mine decreases the damage received from heroes.
Now in late game the gold mines are harder to capture.
- Modified the terrain a bit, in the portal zone, now is more easy to access to gold mines 2 and 4 for both teams.
- New Map Info.
- Improved the Quick buy system.

Golden Lands Updates

Regards.

Level 8
Update Beta 1.6

- Balance changes, some heroes abilities reworked.
- Terrain modified a bit.
- The AI upgrade his abilities.
- Improved the AI of Bosses.
- The secondary goal to win the game is destroying the 2 Gate Towers of the enemy.
- Added abilities to Higher levels hostile creeps and spawned creeps.

Golden Lands Updates

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.