• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gold Mines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey all,
I'm making a European Diplomacy map, and basically i'm trying to come up with better ideas then the others out there. So what i wanted to do is try and place gold mines with the Circle of Power model, and get my builders to build either entangled gold mines or the undead equivilent.

These are my problems...First of all the circle of power model on the gold mine prevents me from building on it, maybe because its at grounds level. If anyone knows why this is and how I could rectify it, it would be much appreciated. Secondly when i do try and build the entangled gold mine when I have another model apart from Circle of Power on my gold mine it says "Must be rooted". And I can't figure out how to rectify this, I have looked through the abilities options and havn't found any. Thirdly when I try to build the Blighted Gold Mine, it only builds it, instantly to 10% HP and then the worker stops, however it creates a small area of blight around it which I am having trouble removing.

I have tried adding the rooting ability to the peasant, this results in him being rooted when the game starts and if you uproot him you can't build and he cannot be rerooted, it simply says "Cannot root here". If he is within range of the goldmine when it starts and you order him to entangle the gold mine, I get a fatal error and Warcraft3 closes. I have tried adding undead build to the peasant, however as i suspected he still couldnt build it properly, and I assume this is because its not a human building. And even when added to the human buildings it doesn't build.

If anyone could help me in creating either of these affects for my Circles of Power, I would be most gratefull.

Level 5
My guess would be to check if the "Stats - Can Be Built On" is set to true.
I Honestly wouldn't know, but if I had to guess. It would be that =/. (I'd check it out for you but uh, it's 4:20 am X_X;; Need to sleep =/)

Level 8
It sounds like this:

Entangling a gold mine requires that the unit doing the entangling is rooted. Usually this is a Tree of Life. If the Tree of Life unroots the entanglement is lost.

Perhaps you have the Haunted building built by a human worker unit. If that's the case, probably the reason it's stopping is because the worker doesn't have the Repair ability, which human workers need to have in order to get past the initial placement of construction.

All undead buildings make a certain amount of blight around them when placed and I believe this is accomplished through an ability. Thus, look at your Haunted building and remove any ability that looks like it creates Blight.

Hope I'm right about my hunches and this works for you.

Level 6
think simple. find a gold mine among neutral passive buildings in object editor. change Art - Model to model of circle of power or whatever. chande Scaling Value to enlarge the circle, Selection Scale to enlarge selection. change Ground Texture and shadows to fit new model.

problem solved, and unit maintains its special properties. if you want units to be able to walk over the mine (as they can walk over c.o.p., change pathing options of the mine to those of c.o.p. in the object editor (i.e. make it "walkable").

you can make a copy of the gold mine (ctrl+c, ctrl+v) or just change the original one.

Level 2
Edge thats what i attempted to do first except then i ran into the glitch of not being able to build on the COP. Ty apoc i'll try it out unfortunately I can't at the moment however.

Level 2
apoc what exsactly did you do there? because when i play your map im able to build it fine, yet even when i copied your units directly into my map I still can't do it....

Level 2
It wont allow me to build the haunted gold mine on top of the model. Maybe I adjusted blocking textures incorrectly.

Level 7
my change of path blocking was just cosmetic...

try to just change model of gold mine to circle of might
and change model of haunted gold mine to sumthing
and then take a aco and summon a mine on it.. should work

atleast it works on my testmap ^^

btw... it should work if you just copy my units from the object editor in your map

Level 2
Well I copied your units directly and that didn't want to work. It allows me to build if it is any model APART from Circle of Power >.< and also a few others, but the others don't just not work they give fatal errors :D Gotta Love That!

Status
Not open for further replies.