• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New gold mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I would like to create a new gold mine (I want a hero to be able to build it). That gold mine would be as the Night Elves one, but instead of wisps, I would like to put peasants down there.
The fact is that I can build the gold mine, I can put in it 5 peasants, but I can't have any gold in it. It isn't able to store gold...
Does anybody have an idea about that issue?

Level 2
I would like it to work, but it is already done. Thank you for the answer.
Though, to describe more the problem, I would say that when the mine is actually built, there is just no gold in it, so the peasants cannot extract gold from it.

Level 2
That's the way I prevent Warcraft III from crashing when peasants go in...
By looking into the properties of teh abilities, I noticed that the Entangled Gold Mine Ability doesn't have any gold amount. That would maybe explain why I can't have gold in the mine. Though, I can't find how I could give it some gold before.
I even thought about making a regular gold mine, with the regular Gold Mine Ability, and it works, there is as much gold as I want (even if I build it). However, peasants cannot go in. Well, they actually can, but as soon as one enters, Warcraft 3 crashes.
So, I thought "What about upgrading the regular gold mine to the one where peasants can go?". So I built the gold mine, with say, 30 000 gold. I asked it to upgrade, but the gold instantly disappeared. I guess the problem is located in the Entangled Gold Mine Ability.
That's why I ask here. I have no other clue about any solution.

To recap: the regular Gold Mine Ability gives gold to the Mine, but when peasants go in, War3 crashes.
The Entangled Gold Mine Ability removes all the gold, but peasants can go in and out as they want.

Level 18
have you also changed all the abilities like Load Wisps to fit the paesants?
Also how does your hero build the mine?

Edit: been testing myself; problem seems related to the need of a unit with the root ability to entangle the mine

EditEdit: it's a strange way to solve it, but works:
you need your hero to be able to build a hunted mine (the undead one), and give to this mine at least the abilities: gold mine ability(default goldmine one); entangle goldmine; root;
once it has finished building, it wil automatically entangle itself, makin it work

Sry for bad eng

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
I got part of it.
The mine has gold, the peasants can go in. But they can't extract anything (so, the problem is exactly the reverse of the previous one *facepalm*).

Level 18
it should work.. re-checked and it does
check the gather, entangled goldmine and the load ability again
you need the wisp gather
load ability to get paesants in
and check the gold extraction values for the entangled gold mine
also make sure the first haunted mine has the default goldmine ability

Edit: notice that destroying the entangled mine will bring the haunted mine back, just an info

Level 2
By roots, I assume you mean the ability that makes some roots grow under a hero or another unit, immobilizing it?

EDIT: Well, the mine doesn't entangle itself.

Level 2
Ohhh.
Now it works.
Really, thank you. I had no clue about the solution, and I must recognize it is a bit strange and tricky. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.