• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gold Mine Movement Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Trying to bypass the slowing of movement speed Peasant's face while mining when you increase their base movement speed. I've even tried setting their minimum movement speed to the same as their maximum. Ay ideas how to fix this?

Level 20
Actually they don't appear to be slowed down. I've just ran a test with a simple trigger to display the movement speed of two peasants - one loaded with gold and one without - and they have strictly the same, even if you change their base MS.

It might just be an impression, because the walk gold animation is slightly slower than the regular walk.

Level 29
They do get slowed down, inspecially noticeable when mining in groups of 5 or more.
What i dont get is that is seemingly working a bit random, some suffer this right away whilst one or two keep moving at the normal pace. At some point they all become slowed down to a crawl.

As far i know this was introduced in a patch for some silly reason(to get orcs and humans mining to near same rate with undead and nelf) and is probably hardcoded.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Its probably some sort of automatic tuning of the peasant/peon speed so that the mining rates are the same irrespective of mine placement in melee matches. In theory increasing their speed would decrease the number needed to optimize mine output so maybe consider raising their amount carried but having them move slower (unless there is some way around that).

TKF

TKF

Level 19
This is hardcoded afaik. But to can fix it by setting movement speed on the unit with triggers, but it need to be periodically checked because it will be changed again (perhaps only when you reorder the worker to same or different mine, I haven't tested it so much)

Status
Not open for further replies.