• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gold Harvesting Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

I'm working on a new map and I have increased the movement speed of gold harvesters, in this case peasants. They are very fast now. The problem I am having is once I start mining, they slow right down to a crawl. I read someone that this was a fix blizzard did early on in the game to prevent an exploit where people were using farms in the paths of goldmines to increase mining speed. I'm wondering how to turn off this "fix" in the world editor, so that my peasants mine at movement speed.

Thank you,
$hazm.

Level 3
I actually managed to fix this problem. The biggest issue I was having was that once the peons slowed down I could select them and right click on the mine and they sped back up again. So someone could mine faster with mico. It was a broken system and unacceptable.

My fix was to draw a region around each gold mine on the map that barely extended outside the bounds of the mine. Then made a trigger where any time a unit entered the region there would be a right click action targeting the gold mine. Kept them constantly mining at movement speed. Hopefully this help anyone with a similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.