• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gold Mine Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do I make it so you can build a structure (one that allows you to return gold) closer to the gold mine? :confused:

Level 16
Seas =)

You need to change the Pathing Texture.

Pathing: Of you please a structure on the map and press "P" you will see red and blue colors at the map.

Red: No unit can enter this area and you are unable to build at this place.
Blue: Unit can enter this area but you cant build there.

How to change the Goldmine Pathing Texture:
Go to the Object Editor into the tab "Units". Now search the Goldmine (Neutral Passive > Buildings > Goldmine). Search for
"Pathing - Pathing Map" and change this in what ever you want.

( After you change the Pathing you always will see it on the map ( after you press P ). Press "P" again and the colors won't be shown. )

Level 2
It didn't work.. I need to make it so you can build a castle right next to a gold mine without the error.

Level 14
He's not referring to the Pathing Map, he's referring to the minimum radius that a building can be placed next to a gold mine if that building has the ability to have resources returned to it.

Eg. A Town hall can't be placed within about 5 squares distance of a goldmine, but a farm can placed touching it.

Level 16
Seas =)

Dudes .... if that isn't close enough I really don't know what you want - mean - or want say:

bfeoexr3dsiy9t378.gif

All I did is to change the pathing of the Gold Mine and ( sorry I forgot to say this ) the pathing of the castle - town hall - what ever. So where is the problem?

Level 9
Why don't you just change the scaling values of both buildings then change pathing map.Make both buildings smaller,scale down the 2 using same values..That way the townhall would still be bigger than mine..

Level 9
Go to Object Editor, click on the Building you want to edit, find "Pathing - Pathing Map" change it to others instead of Castle, Keep, Town Hall, Fortress, Great Hall, Stronghold, ...
Changing the size will not help...

I know merely changing the size won't help:eekani:In my post i did mention changing pathing.CHanging the size is only to prevent units from going thru the townhall since you change its pathing map to a smaller one.What I'm trying to say is scaling down the units relative to the size of its pathing map..

Last edited:
Level 5
the gold mine has a ability called (gold mine ability)
if you remove that from the gold mine then you can build a townhall closer to the mine
then make a trigger to add the ability to the gold mine when its done building
or remove the return lumber/gold ability from the towerhall and trigger it to add it again to the townhall when it has finished building

Level 14
the gold mine has a ability called (gold mine ability)
if you remove that from the gold mine then you can build a townhall closer to the mine

This is what I am referring to. And the method described:
then make a trigger to add the ability to the gold mine when its done building
or remove the return lumber/gold ability from the towerhall and trigger it to add it again to the townhall when it has finished building
...is perfectly adequate to solve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.