• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gold Mining for Peons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I know how to make a peon build an "engineered gold mine" so that 2 peons can enter and mine at once, but how do I make it so that the amount of gold inside doesn't reset to whatever it is in the Gold Mine Ability? Is there some sort of complex trigger I have to make? Can anybody help me with that trigger, please?

Level 2
I have to make that ability anyways for the "Engineered Gold Mine" but the gold amount inside the mines always resets to whatever number is in the Data - Max Gold part of the ability I have for the new mine... I would like to know if there's a way (or even a trigger) that I could use to stop that resetting from happening?

Level 13
That's odd. I've tried, in different ways, to replicate the same thing you are experiencing, however that didn't happen. When do gold mines get their gold amount reset?

Anyway, you can use the following function in order to change the gold of a specific gold mine:
  • Neutral Building - Set (Triggering unit) to 12500 gold

Level 2
Yeah, I know the trigger, that's all cool and dandy. The reset happens as soon as the "Engineered Gold Mine" is finished building. Sorry for the delay, I was away.
Anyways, let's say my peons gather gold until the mine is about 2000 and then they build this Gold Mine. Once it is done building, the mine resets to 99999 gold, and I wish I could stop that.
Another case, let's say my peons found a 99999 gold mine and the Data - Max Gold field is set to 12,500... the "Engineered Gold Mine" will bring that 99999 gold mine down to 12500 and I want to stop that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.