• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goku

Goku from Dragon Ball Z. This is my first attempt at doing a model. Tell me what you think and be honest. I don't really care so much if you credit me but feel free to if you want because its is nice to get credit for what you have done right? If you want to put it anywhere else such as on a new site let me know just so I can go look. I'd like to know where it goes if it goes anywhere that is. XD Who knows you may all hate it.
Um rate honestly and credit goes to gotenkz for his DBZBaseUnit model which I made mine from. I did more than reskin it. The skin is free handed by me so tell me what you think.

N. Zerox

Update: Now fixed his head geoset to look better and more like Goku's head/hair. There is now another blp file included you do need it otherwise his head will have no texture. Enjoy. Hope you like this improvement.

Update 2: Okay it now only uses one texture again because I realized that I didn't need my no longer used space on my first texture. So there's a nice improvement for you. HIis face is now not as blurry as the part on the texture was enlarged and re UV mapped. His Feet have been resized and retextured His shoes and clothing ect now include highlights and shadows and more agreeing colors. His animations have also been changed so he now stands upright instead of leaning over. I don't believe there are any errors with them let me know if you find any. Hope you like it.

And Just for reference here are my previous images of the different versions (If this isn't allowed let me know and I'll remove it.):

Goku_Screenshot.JPG

Goku.JPG

Note: I still have old versions if you for some odd reason want them pm me. And version 3 was just a poor attempt at texture changes. So I didn't post a picture of it. If you want the pic I post it up too.

Update: Now Version 4. Textures almost completely redone to give better more vibrant colors. Hope you like it. I also beefed up his arms a little.

Update: Now Version 5. It includes a modified texture from previous versions that now includes SS area's for my SS Goku Models. So you only need 1 texture for all three. Not much of a change except it has a slightly new uv and his hair has lighter shades in it so you can see it in the camera.

Keywords:
Goku, Dragonball, Dragon, ball, Z, Dragonball Z, anime,
Contents

Goku (Model)

Reviews
15:50, 28th Aug 2008 General Frank: In remoderation. 30th Aug 2008 Pyritie: Clothing on the texture could do with some better shading. 4th Sep 2008 Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved. Kimberly: Same reason as your sonic model, you...
Level 20
what the hell is doing Goku in WC3???? well... I think its great..... I like it....

Um he's in Warcraft 3 because I went and collected all the dragon balls and wished for him to be there. He's probably not to happy about it but I am. :razz:

Looks good! Continue like that!

I will try my best to keep making good stuff. I hope you continue to like new things I make.

It's always beautiful to see new modelers improve..
Quite amazing, no, Downright sexy progress you've made on this... and for that..
5/5 and +rep
Might I suggest using this little gift from Heaven if you're heading into scratch modeling?

Wow thanks for the rep! I'm always happy to get rep. It'll be nice when I get 10 rep so I can actually give rep thats worth something to people as well. :smile: As far as milkshape goes I'll have some learning to do but I do intend to learn it. Do you know of any good tutorials that you would suggest?

hmm is there any chance you accept requests btw

"Is there" is definetly the correct question. As I'm just starting it highly depends on what you want and if I even think its in my capability.:con: Really it would depend on what you wanted...:nw: What exactly do you want to request? :eekani:

Level 20
Um glad to see you replied but I have to be honest I never really got much into Naruto. Just seen a little from my friends and the few maps I've played of it. Mind PMing me a picture or something?

@ JDT710:
No problem dude. I'm assuming its because you want to make your own models. The main things I've been using are vertexmodifer animationtransfer war3modeleditor(Mago's Model Editor I think.) And Gimp for the texturing. Those are what I've used the most. And if you are considering trying to learn how to model I'd suggest you read up on a lot of models and that you have plenty of patience as it does take time to make them. Its not just BAM and your done. Hope this was what you were looking for and enjoy.

Level 9
I know its kaioken form. He learns it from King Kai before he knows how to go super sayian. Are you saying you want less smile in his face and more frustration?

no, more smile will be gr8, i dont like models which look like they had a bad day or something

Level 20
Nice new skin :) i vote 5,its stupid to make a goku kaioken when u can make colors in world editor(example Red:200 Green:0 Blue:50 that wil give some thing like that

Glad you like the new skin. Though you do perplex me. :nw: I'm not sure wether your trying to attack me in someway or not or if your trying to be my friend. :huh: Especially with comments like this one: *points down*
l l
V

u cant see face only on portrait :p

What exactly are you saying though? Is this your saying that my model is stolen again. :slp: I've already proved its not I've told you the method I made it and why I made it. Gosh everything about this thing.

Its for wanting to completely avoid things like this that I'm now making a Sonic the Hedgehog model instead.

Level 6
My my my...Just look at how much this model improved! Though...there's only ONE thing i can actually see that i think looks awkward about your model:
His face...The shape was perfect, but now its kinda ... chubby...like Goku's been on retirement for way too long >_<

d(^_^ d) 2 thumbs up/kirby for you...Score: 4.9(infinate)/5 ...your so close to having this model to (practically) be as good as the Korean/Chinese/Japanese models!

+REP (if i culd...but it seems i must "spread it around" before giving you more...srry >_<) For all your hard work and effort into making your first model :grin:

Last edited:
Level 20
no affence but this is just a shit edit from the other models if i recall ES's brolly model or panthers goku edit of him if im wrong well then for a first model thats pretty good :)

Um... :huh: Come again? :eekani: First who's ES? And what's his Brolly model? Second who is panther and whats his Goku edit? :eekani: And first you say its shit and then that its good? Uh does weird mean anything to you? Wow your worse that Upgrade when I thought he was attacking me... :bored: Please clarify what the heck your talking about. As far as editing either of those models the answer is no... :hohum: Especially since I don't know anything about them what they are or what they look like and I don't even recognize the names you gave for those models creators... Uh... No?

My my my...Just look at how much this model improved! Though...there's only ONE thing i can actually see that i think looks awkward about your model:
His face...The shape was perfect, but now its kinda ... chubby...like Goku's been on retirement for way too long >_<

d(^_^ d) 2 thumbs up/kirby for you...Score: 4.9(infinate)/5 ...your so close to having this model to (practically) be as good as the Korean/Chinese/Japanese models!

+REP (if i culd...but it seems i must "spread it around" before giving you more...srry >_<) For all your hard work and effort into making your first model :grin:

Well I'm really glad you like it now. I thought this change was for the better. But! I can go through and try to make it on his old head if it'd make you happier.

@Upgrade: It says Dude and then a bunch of boxes. XD

Level 9
esf is another game, and this goku's hair is not from it, unless u have appropriate and reliable evidence, this model does NOT have esf model geosets

Level 1
dude i love this model lol my favourite model is general franks nerz'hul arthas bt wen i saw this...i dont thing i like it anymore lol this is awesome jus needs a super saiyan form woot your gona go far zerox ^^ best of luck with your future models and guy with the cloud face thing cant remember ya name but anyway .u shush this model rokx lol

Level 20
esf is another game, and this goku's hair is not from it, unless u have appropriate and reliable evidence, this model does NOT have esf model geosets

Okay well I can honestly say that I haven't taken anything from esf or anyother game for that matter. Especially since I made the head myself. :gg:

hey Zerox, i have a goku request if you dont mind?

Um I'm not sure what a Goku Request is but I'm assuming you want me to make a super saiyan version right?

dude i love this model lol my favourite model is general franks nerz'hul arthas bt wen i saw this...i dont thing i like it anymore lol this is awesome jus needs a super saiyan form woot your gona go far zerox ^^ best of luck with your future models and guy with the cloud face thing cant remember ya name but anyway .u shush this model rokx lol

Hey my Goku is by no means better than General Franks Nerz'hul Arthas. That model is amazing and way better than mine if you ask me. Yeah I'm intending to do a super saiyan form after school today. So in about 10 hours from this post it may be here.

Looks like a remake of "Broly", and i've seen a few models that look like this for ages. They have been flying around in poorly designed DBZ Games.

Um hello when will people even pay attention that the model you all refer to as saying I made it from is Broly was made from Gotenkz model just like I stated mine was. But mine is majorly different from either of them. I personally didn't think that the Broly model was much more than a skin edit personally. But its not bad I guess. My point is I just spent more time on mine or at least I think so. (Sorry getting offtrack.) My main point is its not based off of his Broly and if you'd read more carefully you'd know.

Offtopic: By the way I'm still waiting for the trial version of your campaign. :thumbs_up:

finaly thank you robot and lol the skin is a edit form the brolly one

Actually no just like I clarified in my response to robot. It has nothing to do with the Broly model. The skin is a nearly completely redone skin based on Gotenkz baseDBZ model. And if you looked at them together you wouldn't be able to pick out any similar looking things except the arms and chest.

Both this Goku model and the Broly model are actually based on gotenkz's DBZ Base Model.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=ctyx1j
And if you look at the first comment post, he states that made the base model for people to modify it.

Yes thank you for clarifying for people who didn't read.

Level 20
Haha thanks I guess upgrade. Your a good friend huh? Are you on my friends list yet or not?

Okay now to the main reason I came here. I am officially nearing the completion of my next update where his shirt will look better. But this update will also come with the release of my SSGoku and my SS3 Goku models. They all use the same texture and it will work correctly. Just doing the finishing touches on the texture. Can't wait to hear what you all think.

N. Zerox

P.S. I'm also going to release my Piccolo model soon.

Level 20
The day has come. I now give you SS2 Goku! SS3 Goku! And Piccolo!

And apparently I have a new fan huh? Kinda funny that someone with my name would come ask me how to make models huh? I have never ever seen anyone else with my name. Haha this is a first for me. :cute:

As to answering your question I suggest you go here. It has links to many things that can help you with making models to making maps. Enjoy.:grin:

Level 20
I'm glad you like it. Be sure to use the hive's rating system please. I'd appreciate that. And I if you would recall back when I made this originally I didn't realize that DBZ character models already existed. And so everyonce in a while I get someone saying something like I stole it or something. Which is completely incorrect since I spent hours and hours of time on this. Really if I sat there and tallied all the time I've done on this (my first model) I'd feel bleh. Its been a long effort thats for sure.

Though I have made Piccolo as promised and SS2 Goku And SS3 Goku. Links to them are in my sig. If you want to go look.

Level 9
zerox, this model would be great with instant transmission and kamehameha animations- then ppl would really use it for dbz maps

Level 7
Overall for a beginning model I would say it is really good. Of course i've tried using gmax and realized that is is extremely complicated so I give you a :thumbs_up: for making this. I've noticed a few glitches on his walking but im sure you'll iron out the problems eventually.

+rep dude good job