1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Goku

Submitted by Zerox
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Goku from Dragon Ball Z. This is my first attempt at doing a model. Tell me what you think and be honest. I don't really care so much if you credit me but feel free to if you want because its is nice to get credit for what you have done right? If you want to put it anywhere else such as on a new site let me know just so I can go look. I'd like to know where it goes if it goes anywhere that is. XD Who knows you may all hate it.
Um rate honestly and credit goes to gotenkz for his DBZBaseUnit model which I made mine from. I did more than reskin it. The skin is free handed by me so tell me what you think.

N. Zerox

Update: Now fixed his head geoset to look better and more like Goku's head/hair. There is now another blp file included you do need it otherwise his head will have no texture. Enjoy. Hope you like this improvement.

Update 2: Okay it now only uses one texture again because I realized that I didn't need my no longer used space on my first texture. So there's a nice improvement for you. HIis face is now not as blurry as the part on the texture was enlarged and re UV mapped. His Feet have been resized and retextured His shoes and clothing ect now include highlights and shadows and more agreeing colors. His animations have also been changed so he now stands upright instead of leaning over. I don't believe there are any errors with them let me know if you find any. Hope you like it.

And Just for reference here are my previous images of the different versions (If this isn't allowed let me know and I'll remove it.):

Version 1:
[​IMG]

Version 2:
[​IMG]

Note: I still have old versions if you for some odd reason want them pm me. And version 3 was just a poor attempt at texture changes. So I didn't post a picture of it. If you want the pic I post it up too.

Update: Now Version 4. Textures almost completely redone to give better more vibrant colors. Hope you like it. I also beefed up his arms a little.

Update: Now Version 5. It includes a modified texture from previous versions that now includes SS area's for my SS Goku Models. So you only need 1 texture for all three. Not much of a change except it has a slightly new uv and his hair has lighter shades in it so you can see it in the camera.

Keywords:
Goku, Dragonball, Dragon, ball, Z, Dragonball Z, anime,
Contents

Goku (Model)

Reviews
15:50, 28th Aug 2008 General Frank: In remoderation. 30th Aug 2008 Pyritie: Clothing on the texture could do with some better shading. 4th Sep 2008 Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved. Kimberly: Same reason as your sonic model, you...
  1. 15:50, 28th Aug 2008
    General Frank: In remoderation.

30th Aug 2008
    Pyritie: Clothing on the texture could do with some better shading.

4th Sep 2008
    Pyritie: Changes made, resource approved.

Kimberly: Same reason as your sonic model, you have no permission.

6th Sep 2008
    Pyritie: Moderation is in discussion.

8th Sep 2008:
    BlinkBoy: Back to approved.

2. SerenityInFire

SerenityInFire

Resources:
    Resources:
    pretty good for a first model. His one hip looks a little dislocated, and the hair really doesn't look much like Goku's hair.

As for the texture, it could use a little work, but looks pretty good overall.

If you fix those few things, I think it will turn out to be a pretty good model.

3. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey thanks for commenting. I see what you mean by one of his hip looks dislocated. I'll fix that. As far as the hair goes. I attempted to do it but I've been having trouble making it look just right. I'll keep working on it.

What exactly do you think could be improved on my texture? I know that I don't have the little white symbol on that is on his shirt. Currently he is using one texture in which I have just mirrored the front to make both sides. Though I guess I could add a second texture and use that for it right?

And thanks for your support. Please if anyone else takes a look I'd love to hear your comments. :)

4. Upgrade

Upgrade

Resources:
    Resources:
    This model looks like gotenkz dbzbasemodel :/ ?

5. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Something tells me you didn't read all of what I said... -.- Go back and read again please.

*Sigh* This model isn't completely done from scratch. I used his base model to start hence why I gave him credits even though he won't ever see it since he hasn't been here for 3 years. And he says he made his model for people to edit. But if you look closer you'll find that Its got several differences.

Also my next model I intend to do is Piccolo. I intend to do it from scratch.

[​IMG]

6. jaky77777

jaky77777

Resources:
    Resources:
    Um Can Anyone Tell Me How To Create Models I Wanna Make Some

7. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Um its all kinda complex and confusing. I'm just barely starting and beginning to grasp it after a few weeks of fiddling around with the stuff. If you want to learn I would suggest this tutorial:

Magos' modeling Tutorial

Good Luck.

8. JDT710

JDT710

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice job for a first time
    I've been looking for DBZ Models everyone tells me theres a ton here
    But I can't find any...

9. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol...my bro's friend would have a fit over the absurdity of this. give him an alternate form in supersayan. like the demonhunter.

10. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    honestly? The mesh looks bad. Goku's hair is diffrent! you should really make it more like him. also the boots are badly made as for the texture
    2/5 but it has potential

11. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Glad you like it come back soon I'm going to be making his hair look correct ect.

Um to be honest I'm not sure how to do that yet. I haven't learned how. If you know how and would tell me I'd appriciate that and would gladly do it.

Yeah I was in a rush when doing his hair. I'll fix it soon. I'm going to try to improve the face to ect to make it more like him. The boots are you saying you don't like the texture on them or the shape. And do you not like the texture overall?

Sorry Just hold on guys I'll update him a lot today just wait.

12. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Now updated it looks a lot better. Hope you like it. I also updated the picture with a ingame screenshot as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  13. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I can notice the following flaws here:

- The face is very blurry, and I see a lot of empty rooms on the head textures. This can be done by redrawing the head in a better size and change the head's UV map in Vertex Modifyer.
    - Very cartoony shading that doesn't blend very well. I would suggest you to check out some 2D texture tutorials at both Hiveworkshop and Wc3Campaigns, as you'll find some useful texturing and color blending tutorials there.

14. SerenityInFire

SerenityInFire

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, much better. The only thing that needs improvement now is the skin. It really lacks definition. One thing that I notice, especially on the pants, is that the darks and the midtones are too close together. Try pushing the darks a bit more.

15. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wait a second you can UV map with Vertex Modifier? How do you do that? As far as I knew it didn't do anything with textures at all. :hohum:
    And yes I know it is kind of cartoony. I'll go try to find some tutorials as you suggest.

Alright. Glad you like the improvement. :) I'll now work on making the skin better.

16. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Vertex modify> Files> Uv map <--- easy
    ok i like it betternow but the way he stands kinda disturbs me ... he looks like such a lazy ass, while goku always walks with his chin up...
    and the shape of the boots ... they are to wide.
    Texture sure needs improvement! and you might want to make his wrist teamcolored.

EDIT: because i like the concept, i might want to finalize it ... but don't make me do evrything so fix the things stated above

17. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah sorry I had an old version of vertex modifier. Went and got the latest so no biggie now. Thanks. :wink: Hmm good point on his stance. I'll try to get him better animations. Just hold on. Yeah I agree the boots are to big. I thought about changing last night. But for some reason I forgot to do it. :xxd: Sorry I'll make sure to have that fixed in the next update as well. Okay I am going to try to improve his texture a lot. It seems to be the most common request. Even by the mods and so that's top priority.

Team colored wrist bands huh? I'll have to go look how to add team color. I'll go get to work immediately.

Edit: I've done a little searching around for adding team color but I'm still not quite sure how to do it. I didn't really find anything that specificalliy said how to add it. Could you tell me how or point me in the right direction. I'd like to learn how so I can do it on future models as well. Besides maybe I'd find someone who wanted to know and I could tell them if I knew.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  18. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whell TC. Open up a random model that has TC. if you open the material manager and open a few materials you will see that one of those materials contains 2 layers.
    1 of those will be "replaceableID1" and the other will use the model's texture. Replaceable ID will have the filtermode "Blend", always. so you see? If the model's texture is transparent and you get a blend underneath it, it willl give a red or blue ( your team color) tone :). Do you now get how to make teamcolor? Dont forget to make the Wrist alphaed out!

19. Zerox

Zerox

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are you saying I can open a model that already has team color and just copy the 2nd layer from it to my model and say that it uses the replaceableID1 texture? With the wristbands alpha'd out?