• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Going to Sleep/Waking up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I want to set up an ability/trigger that when you cast Go To Sleep or whatever, it puts the unit t sleep, and then you can wake up again by casting Wake Up.

At first it was based off of a dummy casting Sleep on the target when he cast sleep but that didn't work since it was a fixed time period and while sleeped you can't click a wake up spell to wake up. I tried creating a ward of a tent with the wake up ability and then hiding the unit that cast sleep, but I can't figure out how to make this mui because the only way to unhide the hidden unit is to put it in a variable before hand.

Thoughts? Ideas? In the final version I want to have multiple systems of sleep, either in the ground exposed, in a tent, maybe in a car even, passing out without the ability to click wake up, and being attacked canceling sleep, so I need a reliable and open to change system for putting a hero to sleep and then waking him up in different situations. Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Level 7
It might not be real sleep, but what about using channel? Then when you cancel the channel by moving or whatever, you are 'woken up'?

And you could easily apply the sleep 'Zzz..' effect to the sleeping units, making it look like they are sleeping.

I don't know how friendly this would be toward various types of sleeping though. At least it would be easy to trigger in other effects if you wanted.

Level 6
Can you cancel channel though? I know you can't cancel the after cast delay, but maybe if it were a different skill that actually is channeled it might work. I have a system right now that is working pretty good involving actual Sleep and just not being able to wake up until you are rested, but for some reason the computer dummy won't cast sleep on its own guys, even though mine will on my guys.

Level 7
Can you cancel channel though? I know you can't cancel the after cast delay, but maybe if it were a different skill that actually is channeled it might work.

You can most definitely cancel channel. Use these fields in the spell to make it work:
Code:
Data - Target Type: Instant (No Target)
Data - Follow Through Time:  99999
Data - Options:  Visible
Data - Disable Other Abilities:  False
Art - Caster:  Sleep Zzz..'s Model

Might have to play with the animation names and effects and maybe the art duration too. But this will be canceled by moving or giving your unit some command. You could do something like, make the unit invulnerable while it's channeling, if you didn't want anything else to wake it up but it's own commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.