1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Icon Contest #17 - Poll is up! Vote for the most legendary icon set!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your favourite retro song at the Music Contest #10 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join us in our custom games night on Saturday, July 28. If you'd like to create a map for the night, check out the map challenge!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Music Contest #10 Retro is out! Join us for some retro/vintage fun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice

Godfall Chronicles: Empire (M)

Submitted by Mechanical Man
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Mechanical Man presents for his 5000th post

Godfall Chronicles
Created by Mechanical Man & Em!

Campaign Info:

A serie of mysterious murders swept across the Empire. The activity is more frequent in the south, near Mara Zun, where ruins of ancient wizards' cities lie. Are they rising again or are there more sinister forces at work? With the Emperor sick and the army tired of constantly repelling orc hordes, the Empire will have hard time enduring another hard blow.

Features:

This the prologue of the sequel to the original Godfall chronicles, taking place few centuries after the original. It contains elven demo campaign which includes also a tutorial. Some features of the campaign:

• Squad based systems
  • City based build system
  • Large scale battles
  • Plenty of custom models for units and buildings

Known bugs:

If you place a building on your own units (which is not regarded as illegal placement), the building will cancel, but you will not get refund. I have yet to discover how to solve this bug. You have been warned.

Screenshots

Map Screenshot 1

[​IMG]

Map Screenshot 2

[​IMG]

Map Screenshot 3

[​IMG]

Map Screenshot 4

[​IMG]

Godfall world map

[​IMG]

Credits:
Most of the stuff is done by Em! and me, others are listed in credit list, but there may be some people missing. Please contact me if you find a non credited resource.
Credit list:

Models:
Callahan (shrines)
Dioneslist (matriarch and vampire heroes)
communist_orc (hut)
Mike (camp)
Rommel (spellweaver)
HappyTauren (lava plane)
Suselishe (fae armor)
Ujimasa Hojo (arcane buildings)
Kitabake (farm)
WhiteDeath
JesusHipster
HappyCockroach
donut3.5
Supertoinks
Freddyk
Callahan
JokeMaster
PROXY
Tranquil
Mike
General Frank
JetFangInferno
ChriZ
-Grendel
Wandering Soul
Rise of the Lich King & Xgm
Textures & Icons:
Kimberly
daenar7
erwtenpeller
Estar
Apheraz Lucent
CrazyRussian
AbstractCreativityNfWar
Golden-Drake
67chrome
Afronight_76
Marcos Dab
Terrain:
ashbringer753
Heinvers
Triggering help:
edo494
Loading Screen
Heinvers (map loading screen)
Haf?or Mar(?) (campaign screen)
Testing:
Crusad3r91
Kasrkin
Fingolfin
VeljkoM

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Godfall, Warhammer, Empire
Contents

Godfall Chronicles: Empire (M) (Campaign)

Reviews
13:20, 28th Sep 2015 Orcnet: "] I enjoyed the game play, whenever a game has a batch full of men in a squad it reminds me of playing competitive games like Warhammer 40k or Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth. Though I'd suggest the...
  1. 13:20, 28th Sep 2015
    Orcnet:

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/194715-albums6441-picture75028.png[/img]

I enjoyed the game play, whenever a game has a batch full of men in a squad it reminds me of playing competitive games like Warhammer 40k or Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth. Though I'd suggest the squad to have atleast a regeneration system that when one of the AI units or squad leader gets killed, there should be a timer that will spawn the unit/s based upon the time of its death. Also I really don't know how to use the reinforcement ability for those squad units, how about disable them so the buildings can do the deed instead?

The Elves' building Tree of Wisdom has bugs when I start clicking its command tab in the construction ability, I'm not sure if that's the bug you haven't tried yet, but if you please that would be a good factor in fixing it.

I also suggest to add siege units that can do knock back ability system to give it more game play value if you had it in mind, or giant or powerful units to do the same.

The terrain is wonderful, every chapter is given such a beautiful spot light that I end up replaying the Oakwall campaign lol.

For now, I highly recommend you to fix those bugs, and somehow add more units if you plan to. Overall, map is recommended and a must for Altered Melee lovers.

2. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    5000th post

Only now I discovered that resource submittal doesn't count as post, so here is my 5000th post which will be reserved for more information. Because of lack of avalaible testers it may contains more bugs than expected.

EDIT: I found Heinver's terrain, so I replaced it and probably fixed a bug that the bonus map may not be accessible.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  3. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heeeeeeey... I'm totally going to poke at your campaign and find some bugs for you to enjoy squisshing! ;)

Free of charge.

4. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ohohoh.Yet another campaign for me to play.

5. Heinvers

Heinvers

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Just a note for players.

Oakwall map is outdated, Mr. Mechanical Man forgot to add the reterrained one I did.

Edit: Apparently he fixed that now. Good job MM.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  6. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map Approved! :thumbs_up:

7. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alrighty some stuff, bear in mind I've just played to map2 so far.
    It's quite annoying to select your units, it would be really nice if when I select a unit, it would automatically select the leader of that unit.

Add a passive ability with 6 levels, each level representing how many units there are in the squad. Makes it a lot easier to know when a squad needs to be reinforced, as of right now when you have > 3 riflemen units it's quite hard to know which unit belongs to which squad. So with the passive I know when I need to reinforce.
    Hell you could even add how much it would cost to reinforce them on each level.

The Standard Bearer cannot be targeted by the units to reinforce, he has to reinforce them. Would treating him as a building work to make the units be able to reinforce to him?

The Engineering upgrade in map 2 requires two night elf buildings.

The map started to message about "east" halfway in, debug message?

I like the way siege units work, but perhaps you could reduce the collision of the peasants so they're not in the way when the siege unit moves around?

More to come as I progress in zeh campaign.

8. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is very problematic. Warcraft 3 engine selects 12 random unit in the drag box, so you may drag a box to the entire platoon, but end only to select few groups. About selecting group leader after selecting a member, that's doable, but I wanted to keep the chance to review single unit for the player

That would require massive amount of abilities, for each unit type, for each possible amount. This is why I use floating text, which may be less clear, but you can see when you select more squads.

I'm thinking to ditch standard bearer at all. Instead put a mercenary camp or something. At first I thought it was a neat idea, since you fight far from your base, but it's too similar to halberdier, is hard to find in the mess and there is problem with interaction.

Seems there's a bug between campaign and map object data, first is based on magic sentry, the second on taunt for some reason, I need to make it map custom

Yeah debug message. I had plenty of these, so I'm so used of them, that I don't even notice them anymore :p

I already reduced the collision as little as possible, but I can't really reduce it to 0.

9. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    "That would require massive amount of abilities, for each unit type, for each possible amount. This is why I use floating text, which may be less clear, but you can see when you select more squads."
    Most of the infantry squads are a number of 6 and you only need it for your own units, so you don't have to add it to the computer units, if you don't want to have a different one for each infantry, at least make a generic one, so I don't have to count infantry units by looking at them. And so that was what the floating text was, I wondered why it showed up randomly.

"Seems there's a bug between campaign and map object data, first is based on magic sentry, the second on taunt for some reason, I need to make it map custom"
    I have this bug too, on one map my blacksmith decided it wanted to be a Bandit Creep. I think it can happen if you modify stats of a campaign object in the object editor.

"Yeah debug message. I had plenty of these, so I'm so used of them, that I don't even notice them anymore :p"
    Next time, place the debug messages in a if (DEBUG == true) then print
    so ya can just set DEBUG to false when releasing the map.

Keep it up!

10. Quick

Quick

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you plan on updating your older campaign released in 2009? Titled Godfall Chronicles

11. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That campaign is so much older and different that it would need a whole overhaul. For now I'd rather focus on future chapters instead.

12. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really like it! I don't even know what else to say, so I won't even do my "POSITIVES/NEGATIVES review", which I do almost everytime when I rate something.

Edit: Ok, I figured out what to write here, so...

POSITIVES
    - I like the squad system
    - Terrain is really great
    - Nice models you have there
    - Fun gameplay

NEGATIVES
    - Found some little bugs, mostly those writen by others already or by the author himself, but I don't see this one said anywhere, so I'm just gonna write it here: When I reached my army limit, text showed up saying "Error message missing"

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  13. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Human mission 2 is bugged, instead of 25 minutes. It's 13 seconds.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is this finished? I mean does it have a last mission?

15. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah, better wait until I update it again, especially elven chapters are changed, since I discovered that elves got some drastic changes in their techtree.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey, thanks for letting me know on such short notice!
    I was fascinated by the models in the screenshots and thought this would be different than a normal campaign. I'll be monitoring the site and will play it when I get the time.

I want to know what is the font you've used for the writing on the map, if you would please tell me.

17. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Changes made, I removed Eldmane (so only one elven map now), because it doesn't fit into current storyline anymore and there were made too many changes compared to the demo one. I just hope I didn't forget anything.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, a different style of gameplay for a campaign and not just a map is very well met, especially when it almost makes you forget you are playing Warcraft. It adds to originality and innovation.
    An RTS lover will surely enjoy this work.

elf tutorial:
    -there needs to be a precise name for Rogue, Leader and Warrior attribute modifying abilities. Not Fighter, not Strength, not anything else
    -the problem with battalions is that they are easier to select by dragging a square instead of sole unit clicking since the selected unit might not be the leader
    -Reinforce needs a better/complete description
    -shouldn't the Strange Hut's items already be available? Make the attribute items like Tomes so they shouldn't be picked up from the ground
    -the Skin Potion does not specify how long it lasts. It is not permanent, not even until dispelled
    -north, there's a Night Elf Transport (the name). Not sure if night elves are a part of this story
    -it would be better if somehow when a battalion is selected its number of units be shown until not selected anymore
    -some path blockers should be placed around the tree (big one) because units just go through it or its roots
    -you get victory if you go south to kill their leader instead of finishing the quest in the northeast

human 1:
    -loading screen: the map is all over the screen and the mission quest and some places on the map can barely be read
    -units can climb up southwest to the library where the hero can't
    -there's a brazier that doesn't light up, right before reaching the fountain, "hidden" by the house's height

human 2:
    -while fighting the undead horses, red numbers with "!" after them like Critical Strike appear. Might want to change the colour of the battalion number then
    -some enemy units are red like the player's units...
    -it wouldn't be bad if more than 1 barracks could be made in one base...
    -quest updated below 10 minutes appeared in double text with 0 of 10 villagers but the log says it's about the caravans
    -this level is quite difficult, especially below 10 minutes when the enemy waves increase. The relief would be that some enemy units just remain somewhere on the road
    -there's a neutral Engineer somewhere outside the walls to the north
    -in the ending cinematic scene, Arturus gained a level

human 3:
    -heroes start with level 1, again?
    -why does Imperial Fort show 0 when clicked?
    -some spells like the Engineer's aura and turret need damage description
    -there should be a description somewhere (maybe, inside the fort) with the maximum range of where could a building be placed
    -the funny thing is that buildings are constructed faster than they are destroyed (at least without siege weaponry)
    -destroying a main building automatically annihilates the others nearby. What if there are barracks with troops in training that could prove an advantage?
    -the attackers are weaker than in the last level but not only because they rarely attack but they also only attack with zombies and skeletons and there was just one catapult
    -mercenaries should be available as soon as the camp changes ownership
    -Arturus tells the sergeant to execute the gardener but he does it himself!?
    -problem is that, because there are so many troops, they tend to remain behind trying to catch up and walk in a move-stop-move-stop manner (maybe just make them go to the point where the leader does instead of following him?)
    -units can't target the zeppelin for Reinforcement but the zeppelin can target the units. Change the target to units too, not just buildings. On second thought it doesn't work. The zeppelin targets, the animation appears, but no units are spawned
    -in the fort, units can't be cancelled using ESC or by clicking the red circle but only by clicking their portraits
    -why aren't the Death Towers activated by the enemy?
    -why level 10 as the maximum level when there are still attributes to add?
    -"there clad in black armor" wasn't even in Arturus' sight
    -what? He ran right near my castle base without being noticed?
    -sometimes Reinforcing may pause the game for some good seconds (in this level it even scares you that the game is going to crash; it's also the level where I've used the most units)
    -saving takes a lot of time later on this map
    -the Submarine pings all the time
    -strange, there was no ship underground when I went through there but somehow the cloaked man escaped by water faring vehicle
    -the game crashed after the end stage cinematic scene (well, I also minimized to see why it froze and it crashed some time after maximizing the game)

human 4:
    -well, they attack kind of quickly with 3-4 battalions and it's not enough time to get the necessary troops out. Two towers won't hold either. Not to mention units are slowly dying of cold. Because of this the Hospital heals any units that lose 1 hp. That means it does not prioritise the lower health ones and neither can the player manually choose whom to heal
    -the zeppelin can get over the magic barrier into the vampire's fortress and activates the statues
    -it's the level where I'm glad destroying their main building also destroys their base. Their remaining units are practically like critters after that
    -well it was not so easy for the queen to hide from Arturus' army in that place. Thing is surely many soldiers would/could have seen something. Killing them all would result in Arturus' lone return, being suspicious

bonus file:
    -after the Master Engineer leveling up, he didn't even actually get on the ship but it left like he did
    -the Alchemist's Lab has an upgrade for Mechanics that says it increases hit points 0
    -write in the description of the towers the number limit per base that can be built
    -again... enemy attack too fast and with a powerful force, towers (two east and two west) barely survive in the beginning
    -the ships' selection scale is strange
    -Mechanic has size 1 in the description. They are more than 1 or does it refer to the occupied transport space?
    -the pirates don't really have much of a base and instead of defending it (the east one) they attacked my base
    -one of the Frigates did not get out of the Slow buff even after getting to safe flyable space
    -new main quest. Oh really? What am I supposed to do with the ships, destroy them? How about a selling option?
    -text during cinematic is too fast, for me, anyways
    -in the end cinematic scene the Engineer's name is Maximilian not Osvald

It was an interesting experience nevertheless. I hope the next campaigns in this universe will have more diverse levels.

Oh and I have a question: why is it called Godfall 2 in the upkeep box? Is there a prequel?

19. Melvic

Melvic

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like this map! Terrain is great. Triggers are working well and Good Models. BUT! Difficulty is very hard in every map.