• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Siege Walker

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
I was in the mood to make a mech. I tried my best at animating this thing. It was rather simple animations, still it took me about two days to animate. Also, I don't like to animate stuff.

While we may have enough siege units, I wanted to make one for my mod.
Enjoy, people. Also may you all have a happy new year.

If you find any bugs or issues, please point that out in the comments below. The same goes if you have suggestions. I might tinker with this at a later date, but animating is exhausting, it's nowhere near as fun as it is to make the actual mesh.

/MiniMage
Contents

Goblin Siege Walker (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
Pretty awesome goblin engine. A few issues though: Is its portrait correct? It is looking at a rather random point which doesn't make much sense. You could center it on the operator. A heavy machine as this should leave footprints on the ground. It...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Is that actually made by you or just an edit of another imported model? Anyways, I see no portrait.
4/5.
I'm not sure the weapon should face the ground when walking.

Edit: a spell animation wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:
Level 14
I think the animations are absolutely amazing. I think you should leave the walk animation as it is!

....Or maybe make an alternate animation, where the goblin faces forward...

Maybe some jumping animation to splash on to the ground, would be nice as well.

I think the model is a master piece! :)

Edit:

Is there a walking sound attached? I think it would be cool to hear actual heavy steps :)

Level 19
Oooh I like this one a lot. The animations are quite good. I know what you mean by not liking to make animations... a lot of my old models never saw the light of day and ended dissapearin when my computer got hard drive problens because of not wanting to make the animations.

Still, the animations are quite basic, and even knowing that your models are more techy, a little exaustion pipe doesnt kill nobody.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I've been putting off posting all weekend in search of a GIF of that exact walk-cycle... Alas, I cannot waste anymore time on this search. If any of you find it, I will gladly Rep you.

~~~

Love it. Cool model, simple & useful. Personally, I wish you'd choose a different (metal?) texture rather than the excessive TC-metal stuff that's all over this guy (& honestly many of your other mechs)... But still.

DAT WALK CYCLE! Love it. It's hilarious. Very Goblin. Probably 3.8/5, but I'll make it 4 for dat walk.

MiniMage said:
I may upload buildings later.
I should hope so. : )

Pretty awesome goblin engine. A few issues though:
  • Is its portrait correct? It is looking at a rather random point which doesn't make much sense. You could center it on the operator.
  • A heavy machine as this should leave footprints on the ground. It would be good if you added those.
  • It is lacking sprite attachment points to show damage fire.
  • And death is disappointing, it vanishes and a 'ToonBoom' takes place. Consider improving it.
Awaiting update.