• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hi,I bring a new genre for Warcraft,an arena combined with strategic RPG,the game envelops a planet filled with danger and peril.
It is not like any Goblin related map you ever seen,for example the heroes are:
Goblin Berserker,Hunter and Engineer.Each class can evolve in different way of gamplay
All that is gona be special on this map is not only the gameplay ,but the map changing,since is going to be Goblin ORPG Outland,Icecrown the more maps there are the better the game and changes.

Current Region that I'm working at is-Barrens-Here all the story starts
Info
Triggering-10%
Terraining-90%
Imported-0%
Custom Data-34%
Sound Data-10%(in search for a Gothic like theme song)

The Gameplay:

You train a hero,then you explore the cave that you are in,you got some gold at start so you may buy some items,then you go to a portal keeper and get an ability.
All of a sudden parts of the map are revealed,and you may cast your ability on those areas to teleport there,the areas are revealed by the more level you gain

List of Levels

Outer Steppes-Level 1
Valley of Resurrection-Level 10
Gothic Trenches-Level 20
Hallows of Tears-Level 25
Woods of Tancred-Level 30
Barren Desolace-Level 40
Canyon of Impurity-Level 50*(very hard)

The Gameplay gets more and more darker and gothic per each level as you meet more beasts and explore more area,the area of visibility is very low,so it gives the effect of fear.

To go to those areas you must earn the required level,the first area is Outer Steppes and there you earn level to teleport to the other areas

The maps are like this

Revin Village-the starting point and shelter,it is located in the center of the game map,whenever you go to the portal keeper he gives you the ability to teleport to the other areas.

Outer Steppes-The weak,bathered land,remains from the Ancient War this land is difficult to travel by feet and the horrid woods that carry a band of fallen warriors make it even worse.The creeps are -Orcs,Satyrs and Un Humans.

Valley of Resurrection-The Valley protected by Ancient Guardians,the aspect is quite remarcable if not for the massive ruins that it holds.The Resurrected is a god to the Guardians that you will find at the end of the Valley.

Gothic Trenches-A dark trench,haunted by pirates and undead creeps.The war is still going in these trenches,so human soldiers still patrol here.The danger and peril is only outmatched by its gruesome aspect.

Hallows of Tears-The desolated woods,the war had its word here as whisps haunt the land,corrupted elfs scavenge upon the flesh of their scares prey.Watch out on the trees,they may hold horrific beings within they're decayed wood

Woods of Tancred-The forest where you meet and Elven Demi-God,Tancred,he will prove a challenge

Barren Desolace-The Desert situated at the end of the Tancred Woods,bandits and undead scour these night-only sands.Beware,in night may hide a lot of dangers.

Canyon of Impurity-Whenever a god dies,he is buried in this Canyon,the unholyness of dead gods flow trough your veins as you reach this dark landscape,your enemyes are the most dangerous in the world,slayn
Angels,Headless Arch-Angels are going to change you forever.

These are the Areas,to make the game even more interesting,it will have a score board where you may score point whenever killing an enemy unit.
The Headless Arch-Angels are the strogest units in game so they have chanches of dropping Uber Items.

Items

Item clasess
-Normal
-Enhanched
-Legendary
-Excellent
-Uber

The items are set categories

Leather-Suitable for all classes
Warrior-Boots,Helm,Armor,Gloves,Pants-Berserker
Stalker-Boots,Helm,Armor,Gloves,Pants,Bow-Hunter
Ingenious-Boots,Helm,Armor,Gloves,Pants,Shield-Engineer
-More to come-

Spells

Berserker-Passive,Buffs,Area Spells
Hunter-Buffs,Summoning,Damage
Engineer-Summoning,Mass AoE,Buffs

Currently this is all I got....Need any help with some description or have an idea,post here

Level 6
This map sounds good, if you need a tester il gladly help, but yes scrennies would be nice hurry and get on the right computer, Keep up the good work

~4rankie~

Level 24
Well here is a bitter info about more gameplay
-Berserker,cast slam spells while BladeStorming trough your enemys
-Hunter,Summon a hero wich morphs into you and fights just to defend
-Engineer,cast Laser Rampage and Healing spray,they have the same missiles and a player may confuse them for Healing spray

Dominate each arena and fight against serious bosses,gain score and prove that you are the best.Well thats about it.
Im gonna attach some pics tommorow

Level 6
Is this map still in production cause it sounded good or are you just gonna leave it?

~4rankie~

Level 3
Although I believe that an RPG about goblins might be a good thing, I also believe that dark and gothic isn't exactly the right mood to fit an RPG about goblins, since goblins are generally more lighthearted. But kudos to you if you can make it work.

Level 24
No, goblins are kind of wicked creatures,they scavenge on corpses and practice dark magic,in warcraft they are the good hearted but in diablo and other games they are the opposite.Take Lord of The Rings,thats were I weas inspired,in Moria there are dark Legions of Goblins who live in the dark so

Well Update to the Map
-Made the second class
Hunter
-Spells,Agility,Grey Form,Stygian,Poison Claw

Agility-Gives 3 Agi per level-10 levels
Grey Form- Summons a Dark Hunter,wich can Metamorph in you and have the same abilityes as you have
Stygian-Reduce enemy armor with 2.5 per level-5 levels
Poison Claw-Passive poison melee physical damage,deals more if your enemy has armor reduced

-Comment-
This Hero is advantaged only in the night,at night he gains more sight and regeneration and may use an ability,has Hide in Light wich makes him invisible during the day.His charater makes him a dark figure of the goblins

The first class was Berserker

Spells-Strength,Frenzy,Reincarnation,Blade Spin and Protector(Aura)

Strength-Gives 3 Str per level-10 levels
Frenzy-Increases the casters speed by 15% per level starting with 50%,also he enters in a reckless frenzy and receives bonus damage from enemys-5% per level starting with 50%,has a red handed anymation,more like blood lust
Reicarnation-5 Levels,100 cooldown loss per level starting with 650,has a red Resurrection animation
Protector-Augments the nearby units with a powerfull red aura wich gives them bonus armor

-Comment-
Its cool about this hero cause his spells have red animations and he will raise the estetic performance

Third Hero performance- Practicly slow,I'm more interested in making a more credible gothic RPG,the day is really shiny and cant figure out how to dim it enough witout making it black

So I would say-Third Hero Performance: llllllllll

-Comment-
Havent made any spell for him,dindt made up any advantage (So if you might have an idea or some pros for a Engineer,dont hesitate to add)

It's just a Tinker wich attacks from range and nothing more(Yet!?!)

Help me develope this map with you ideas,when its finished we will play it on Hive,to race who has the best score,probably some trade who knows.
:fp::grin: :fp::xxd: :fp::thumbs_up:

Level 1
hi hermitt.

Here are some fast ideas :

- try make the areas each with his map like a campaign (but somehow you have to save the items you gained).
- add class items , eventually sets .
- make a multiplayer coop map
- import sounds from doom 3, halo if you want something really creepy

Level 24
Well it sounds better.But about the maps,they are unlocked once you gain a specified level.Its simple when you gain level 10 the teleport ability may target the teleporter in an area with level 10.

Im telling you guys it will be very hard at thew start ,only Berserker may kill monsters from level 10 areas from level 1.The Hunter is the only one who can kill Level 50* units without putting up a fight,he just hides and strikes with tons of damage.

Anyways,I look forward to upgrading the heroes

Level 27
Enough about pics? Before you start making anything else then terrain you could just give a preview of it and make us give feedback? Or you may have the problem later you end up with a map which has terrain people dont like o_O

Just take a memory stick plug it into the non-net pc and take screenies of the map with the PrtScn button that should be right on your keyboard left above the calculator keys .. then just get those screenies into the memory stick, unplug it -.- and get the screens from the memory stick onto the pc which has internet (Maybe also move the map there if both have warcraft?!?!!) and upload them here... HURRY THE EYES OF THE EARTH ARE WATCHING YOU o_O!!!

Level 24
Well Halo Vs Metroid will be a MMO were you can chose between a Samus or a Master Chief,then you must gain exp to siege outposts and fight both covenants and the X,you can fight the Guilty Spark and Sa-x,if you are a Master Chief you can use Varia Suit and Metroid items,its super cool

Level 8
so 25 of december the project start? thats awesome... well i just ask the date xD, this is maybe a lil off-topic about the map you are presenting here xD...

Level 8
sorry, my english bad... so no waiting xD, the beta test already started? if not, can i be a beta tester xD...?

Level 8
this is a good pic for the map though... very original, get it on www.justgoogleit.com

Metroid vs Halo

1518.jpg

it just need a few changes xD...

Status
Not open for further replies.