• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Exploration 3.56

The project is now being continued, I have taken over the development, and will not stop working until I no longer can. I have many ideas for this map, and plan to use a large majority of them.

Thanks to you fans, we've now gotten over 16,000 hits and over 4,000 downloads. THANK YOU!

Status update. The map has been taken over by myself, Midnighters. I will continue to work on this map until I leave for basic training next year. I am currently planning on redoing the terrain, adding new heroes, and a few new systems in 3.6. Good luck in your Kalimdorian adventures, Goblins!

v3.6 PROGRESS:
Minimap Image
Building item return fix
New hero
New systems
New Commands
Unit balancing

This is Goblin Exploration Squad, version 3.56. It was originally created by rulerofiron99, then turned over to Hero_Lief, but he gave me permission to take it over.

The goal of the game can be many things; it usually involves killing enemy heroes or surviving the wilderness as you constantly explore. As of 3.35, there is even a new Conquest mode which lets you do quests. Unfortunately, though it's running, it isn't complete yet, so it's short. Expect updates to it sometime!

For once, F9 isn't useless. Even pros use it. It contains building recipes, credits, the COMPLETE change log, item recipes, and a starting guide, so check it out!

Version 3.56 is live!

New major changes:
Tinker Claws --> Electric Claws
Alchemists and Brutes can now use electric claws.
Two new units added - Factory and Sky Labs.

New commands:
None.

Hero updates:
Some balancing.

Other updates:
Loading screen.

Bug fixes:
Sleeping bag recipe fixed.

In order to submit bugs, please post them as a comment if they're simple things, but if there's a bug that's hard to repeat, be sure to get a replay of you doing it, and then send the replay to [email protected].

According to current rules and guidelines, I must inform you that due to mappers stealing, editing, and then uploading modifications of this map that THIS MAP IS PROTECTED.

Keywords:
Goblin, Exploration, Squad, Survival, Fun, Alpha_12, Hero_Lief, Dracolon, Treadhead, Midnighters, Doom, Team, rulerofiron99
Contents

Goblin Exploration 3.56 (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: Approved
Level 2
Alright just felt like i should let you guys know about those really up to u wether u fix them or not. I don't really play anymore since there seems to be a lack of patient people on battle net. Making one for starcraft sounds promising and i'll look forward to seeing it, should you decided to, now all i have to do is buy starcraft..... and yes i hate minecraft as well. Why you people play that game and fear the exploding green goats i'll never understand.

Level 4
You should fix the following things:
-------------------------------------------------
1) sometimes, the "Pick up Corpse" is not working, i stand beside a corpse and keep spam on it it just keeps on saying "there is no corpse"
2) some of the hero's attack can't target units, or you just made it that way?

Level 2
i'm back after my cat borke my router last week. not really sure if that testing comment was directed at me but i'm up for it just leave me a post when your ready and i'll try to keep checking. On a side note i almost started playing minecraft... but the dl was a different file type not supported by microsoft, so i figured it was to much work for a bad game :)

Level 12
Midnighters, be sure to NOT TOUCH THE -DROP COMMAND AT ALL. I know it seems like it can be optimized, but it really can't. Any attempt to make it more efficient WILL cause the selection bug.

Level 2
left up end point going or view fatal error i... three times error!! mother fucker! and tinker tank is not making! are you crasy? recipi delete !

Level 2
I think it will increase the vitality of non-combat classes.
And please, please add the robot.
The decor is tinker tank? Recipe've had a presence.
I thought it was part not implemented yet?
Please delete the repair robot to feature an attack.
Repair rate is too slow.
tinker too takes a long time.
To creating a cumbersome electric claw.
Also, after creating a battle I'll console myself with lightning effects.
Why tinker than factory robot-making easier?

Level 2
tinker's ability to strengthen the ability to create robots.
However, silver bar .. why? I'm level-ups and (mk1 robots) made​​.
tinker's level was 12, I made ​​a pounding heart.
HP 800 Attack 100??
I grew up 12level for HP 300? (And at 20)
In addition, the factory produced more difficult.
I thought I'd come out more powerful robot.
tinker's level 12's very very difficult task that has grown up.
What the hell ...

Level 2
and giant wolf, stronger than boss... critical damage.. north island wolves is terrible..
The robots are destroyed for 5 seconds. Mad weak, difficult to produce.

Level 2
Useful bugs found.
Health manual is to make a secret recipe?
was making a robot to tinker, and suddenly appeared Health Scout manuals and Mecca.
Took screenshots.
Probably something that conflicted with the building seems an error occurred.
I try to upload a screenshot to confirm simply submit those elements were not taken.
Ghost are you doing?
Was very good for the other screenshots.
Anyway. Not talking about spinning.
Despite the weak tinker was lv30.
The robot is much more strong.
Why not upgrade claws?
5 steps to the flamethrower, and why?
In addition, using the flamethrower guy so powerful, why did you do?
There's too much favoritism.

Level 2
it sounds like you're majking a lot of progress on the next version. So far i'm pretty excited to try it out and explore the new island. It's nice to finally have something new happen to this map after so long. And does anyone really understand what green is saying? He just made me really confused, except for the part about the pyromaniac.

Level 2
Well i hope u get lots of well spent time with your grandfather, and i'll check up on this every week or so since i don't see you putting to much work into it any time soon. Honestly i don't know how you understood green.....
Summary- Minecraft sucks, GES is on hold, midnighters is bonding with relatives. - and HeroLeif still hates me i think.

Level 2
construct building system should be improved, maybe you get item that can spawn building rather than building spawned when the skill used, its very difficult to know where the building will spawn

Level 4
can't wait for next version and sorry about your grandfather i hope he doesnt die and insstead his cancer miraculously goes away.

Level 2
Well i'm still awaiting the next GES... but it's beginning to feel like it's time to move along :goblin_cry:. I guess i'll still check this out every few weeks to see if u do put that updated version out. I really want to explore the new area, but i understand you're busy with your marine training. I think you should try and create a GES for wc4 when it finally comes out of something like it for starcraft II.

BTW to anyone that visits this page. Apparently Midnighters is leaving hive, so um ya guess we'll never get to try that newer version he put all that work into....

Level 15
Apparently Midnighters is leaving hive, so um ya guess we'll never get to try that newer version he put all that work into....

This is the 5th time he's said this, and the 3rd was when he said "I'm serious this time"

Regardless, PEOPLE WHO LIKE GES, play Minecraft or Dwarf Fortress, you'll probably like either of them. And do not fear DF for it's ASCII graphics, just get a damn texturepack.

Level 25
Hey guys (and sorry for necro post)

After a long break in mapping, I've finally started up a few new projects, the second of which ("Gears of Greed" I'd consider the spiritual successor to GES.

It'll feature new systems such as vehicles and weapons.

Presently it's still in very early alpha, but I'd really like the guys that took over the map after me (and the players!) to be at the forefront of testing and production of this map.

Please PM me if you'd like to take part.

Level 12
As a sidenote, it would appear that I, rulerofiron99, Alpha_12, and Midnighters are all teaming up for this new game. Look forward to it!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As part of a test I disassembled the terrain node data of this map into images and this is what came out.

From left to right...
Ground Height Map
Water Height Map
Flag Map
Ground Texture Map
Ground Texture Detail Map
Cliff Type Map
Cliff Height Map

Attachments

• GES.gif
    GES.gif
    88.6 KB · Views: 131
Level 1
Can't load saved game, is there a trick to it or just still not fixed?(i love this game but all my efforts going to waste after closing Wc3 it's just to sad )