• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Bank? Ideas please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Ok, my project "Goblin Village Defence" is getting closer to the alpha-version.
I am implementing a bank system, which will allow people to store their money and gain interest. (If a hero dies - 50% of his current, not-deposited money will be lost)
But the thing is, I want something cool, crazy, original, GOBLIN-like for my bank system.
I have the deposit/withdraws and the interes rates all done. Any ideas of how to improve/goblinize my system?
Ideas will result in +rep !
Thanks!

P.S.
Click on my signature image to see the thread presentation!

Level 14
Yo Windu!
How about a.. Like, for every round, you gain a kind of Goblin card depending on how much money you had there,
for exemple if you got 1000 gold in bank, you'll get a basic goblin card. 2 thousand, a better one, and so on. Cards can be exchanged for some items from Jix GoldenBarrel.
And.. Well , goblins like money, and are greedy. So they would spare even 1 coin, well...
If you left gold in the bank for 10 waves, you'll get "Greed Member Card", which gives you a reduction (a small reduction) to item prices.

Hope you like them.

Level 13
That idea left by Herian seems pretty hard to top.

Maybe withdrawl fees since Goblins can be as greedy as banks.

If you leave money in for a long enough time or maybe if you do certain deposit amounts you get a free mechano-goblin or something like that. A special unit, or power up or something.

Maybe the banks are dynamic in placement. Perhaps the goblins have a giant vault where they run the money too. (Like peasants running from and too a gold mine.) And if an enemy hero enters the bank he can kill these little goblin workers running the money to the vaults and "rob" them, causing another player to lose like 5 or 10 gold while he gains 5 or 10 gold. But there's bank guards or something. It's a thought. (If it's PVP) Otherwise maybe the banks could occasionally need guarding as they run money to the vaults in non-PVP, else you risk losing some of your gold if a banker goblin dies. I'd imagine banks are a very big part of goblin societies.

How about the banks can have add-ons. Maybe a way to increase interest rates, reduce time between gold being gained, or maybe create a limit on how much of your money the bank will hold which can be increased via add-ons. Maybe an add-on can create additional guards for the vault if you go with that idea. How often do defense maps involve the bank where your money is at getting robbed, even though it's common in super hero stories.

Banks could also store non-monetary things like HP or Mana. It's a bit of a stretch but it's a neat concept. Lets say you store 300 mana. It's reduced to X% and stored in the bank at a max limit. At some point you can withdraw it and restore your Mana at a X gold withdrawl price. You can make the range infinite or that you have to be in the bank. Add a cooldown for good measure. This could create a bit of strategy by players. It's almost like a potion.

Perhaps Banks can store additional merchanical units if heroes can use units, sort of like a locker. Not exactly the most practical use, but if you can think of some way to make it practical than you'd have a nifty feature.

Also banks can be unusuable during certain rounds. (Addons could always remove these restrictions)

I think that's the best I'm gonna give you.

If you have the time could you vote and/or leave a comment in my thread here on the idea factory? It's the one titled Vote on Differing Powers and Ideologies and should be close to the top. Thank you!

Level 15
@Titanhex

Thank you very much! I think I'll use some of your ideas.
I'll perhaps make the bank possible to get robbed
Also certain interest rate/fee bonuses will be added.

+rep!

I'll definitely check your thread later today and say what I can ;)

Level 14
If you are gonna make it able to get robbed,

do something like "evil points" if you rob the bank, teamkill, etc. If you reach a certain amount of evil points, you won't be able to buy items / will be pursued by "Goblizia" (Polizia xD). And he can do good things, such as heal attacked goblin villagers/do favours to get some good points.

sNw

sNw

Level 2
If goblin building is destroyed every player loses 5% of his gold :) u could invest into an upgrade that will reduce that 4% 3% 2% etc. :)

Level 9
I think about you can add Gold Mine buildings which have upgrades and withdraw of the income of coins if one of 'em is destroyed. The upgrades increase the income of coins to the banks. If a spy comes in one of these will this mine stunned for 10 sec.
These mines is a extra building to increase the income of coins.

Hope it works! ;D

Level 14
System Message: We would like to thank Dragoinc for his necro-post of exactly 4 months, 5 days, 4 hours and 38 minutes. :)
Dude, this was solved, 4 MONTHS ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.