• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gnome Engineer

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Fully functional walking gnome.

Currently it has 2 variations, with glasses (standard) and without glasses (var1) [Personally, I prefer the standard model but it may look too similar to the gyrocopter]. More variations are planned.
BOTH VARIATIONS SHARE THE SAME TEXTURES!

It has Team Colour on his hair and gloves, to capture the weird hairstyles of WoW gnomes.

I envisioned the unit as a spellcaster and repairing unit, suited as support for mechanical armies. To make him able to repair, you need to edit the repair ability so it says:

Art - Animation names work
(Otherwise, he just stares menacingly while the machine fixes itself)

It's pretty small, so consider scaling it to 1.2 or even 1.4.

That's pretty much it. Comments and changes are greatly appreciated.

You can edit him as much as you want, it's free real estate.
Previews
Contents

BTNgnome (Texture)

BTNgnomevar1 (Texture)

DISBTNgnome (Texture)

DISBTNgnomevar1 (Texture)

Gnome Engineer (Model)

Gnome variation 1 (no glasses) (Model)

Level 7
Very cool ! :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers: May I ask which unit did you use for animations ? Or is it custom animations ? :peasant-grin:

Last edited:
Not sure how it might affect the rigging on animations but try removing a finger. Warcraft gnomes have three fingers not four.
I guess that's due to model simplicity. Reforged gnomes have 4 fingers, though. I guess I could do it, but it's not really a priority right now :peasant-work-work:

Very cool ! :peasant-thumbs-up-cheers: May I ask which unit did you use for animations ? Or is it custom animations ? :peasant-grin:
Mountain king, similar pose and size and it has many animations despite not using as many :ogre_haosis:

please tell me how to import this model correctly? I have after import, it has been placed in the same position, hands at sides. Thank you in advance
You just need to import the model and the textures, and delete war3mapimported/. I'll download and check either way, to see if it loads properly.

EDIT:
They both work as intended. Here are the paths:
gnomes.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know what y'all have but, this is still a dwarf. ^^' There are never been any gnome in Warcraft 3.(at one point we could consider flying machine being the gnome thing and gyrocopter the dwarf thing, but it's dull just with the name)

About the fingers, I guess you consider without the thumb ? Because only Trolls and Taurens have 3. Gnomes and Goblins have 4, and Dwarves and most others non-furries have 5.
Here it's 5. (4 aligned and one opposable of course) BTW in WoW Goblins have 4 toes but gnomes have 5 and no one ever cared. xD (I don't know if it's a good sign at the end.

Ands it's like, the body shape of a dwarf ?