• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

GMAX SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
this thing sucks o_O it takes me forever to get the code right, it initializes then i have to choose between some kind of graphic software or something, i have no idea what im doing so i just choose the "HEIDI" version and then the thing says Interactive 3d render initialization failed, please check your device settings by using the -H command line option.

and now it says that everytime i try to start it up, i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck, THIS THING SUCKS.

WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?

Level 4
I agree with you fox... but then again I can't do anything at all with it, whenever I open it up I sorta stare at it until I close it. I tried a tutorial for it but it was for a different version of GMax than the one I have... I don't think modeling is for me. I just don't have the patience.

Level 7
Re: sadfsadf

Fox_Reeveheart said:
HOW IN THE NAME OF MY GRANDMOTHER'S STONY FIST DO I DO THAT?

All you need to do is get back to the selection screen where you said "graphics software", which is really a driver to choose from. You need not use the Hiede. Choose what you have if you dont know, you likely need to choose direct x.. To get back to that selection it tells you to use the -H command in command prompt. Type in the exact path where gmax is located on your computer when you get command prompt running.

Status
Not open for further replies.