• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

G-Max Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
When I try to open the game I get an error "Interactive 3D renderer initizalation failed, please check your device setting by usiong the -H command line"

Does anyone know what this means and how i can fix it, and dont say use the -H command line because i dont know what it is or hjow to use it

Level 2
Im a little confused on your question. when you say game do you mean your trying to open a model you made in gmax to wc3 or do you mean open gmax the program itself. well if its wc3 i dont really know because i never saw that problem, i suggest you recheck your paths and your mdl text. If your talking about gmax did this message come out after you registered or before. If after registration i would reinstall if before then you have to register.

Level 7
Ereinion Gil-galad said:
When I try to open the game I get an error "Interactive 3D renderer initizalation failed, please check your device setting by usiong the -H command line"

Does anyone know what this means and how i can fix it, and dont say use the -H command line because i dont know what it is or hjow to use it

You likely chose the wrong driver for gmax to run through when you set the program up. The first choice is Hiede which you probably chose. The -H line command refers to command prompt on your computer. You need to use that to get back to the main screen to choose a new setting which should be direct x. Youll see it when you get back to that page. To get back to it and change it you gotta use command prompt, type in the exact path that gmax is located on your computer in command prompt. When you do all that then type in -H. This will bring you back to your settings. If you dont know what command prompt is go to google or something. Otherwise try reinstalling gmax and choose direct x next time instead of hiede.

Level 7
Ereinion Gil-galad said:
When i reinstall it there is no choice of drivers and telling me to google jfor what a command prompt is really not helpfull because i did and i couldnt find any information

Im not sure what google your using but i just did a google search myself and got over 1,000,000 topics related to command promt. Command prompt was used to access things on your computer before there was anything like windows created. Its very old. I briefly checked over the topics related to command prompt and i saw on the first page how to launch command prompt through windows.

Level 3
ok, i got the command prompt open and i typed in the path where Gmax is located, which was C:\Gmax, and when i did it said C:\Gmax is not recognised as a inernal or external command, whats wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.