• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

global animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
can i make some animations to be global animations on existing models?

in this case i have some limbs moving, but i want them to move at slightly different speeds, thereby creating variation and for that i need to have a global animation for each of them. and then play all these globals in the stand animation.

if not possible, can i create new (and global) animations to an existing model in any way more simple than importing the mesh to 3ds max and then making the new animations? i mean with magos' or mdlvis or something.

Level 26
the thing is: a global animation is GLOBAL. this means that they will play in every animation and not only in your stand animation.
it would be really good if you would tell on what kind of model which part of that model should be playing a global sequence, because then I could tell you what the best way to go would be.

Level 14
sry i dont want to give out much detail yet.

as a similar example i could say its like an engine model with it's pistons. i want each piston to move independently (as a global animation). and nothing else moves besides these pistons. and there are no animations other than the stand animation.
so if each piston moves at a slightly different speed, i get unrelated movement between the pistons, thus creating seemingly random movement.

i hope this explains my idea better.

Level 14
sry i dont want to give out much detail yet.

as a similar example i could say its like an engine model with it's pistons. i want each piston to move independently (as a global animation). and nothing else moves besides these pistons. and there are no animations other than the stand animation.
so if each piston moves at a slightly different speed, i get unrelated movement between the pistons, thus creating seemingly random movement.

i hope this explains my idea better.

Status
Not open for further replies.