• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gladiator-Miseracord

Keywords:
gladiator sparta soldier warrior
Contents

Gladiator-Miseracord (Model)

Level 5
pretty good... not looking like a post-Marius
but looks like one from a local fiefdom which Rome relied on until the reforms and mass standardization...

but pretty good... not as a legion member
5/5

Level 13
ATTENTION PEOPLE:

By lucifer's beard did you read?!?! ROMAN-ISH not to be taken literally. These were characters i've used in my campaign, not supposed to be Roman or Greek, just BASED off of the design. Gah! i know that these aren't exact- there not supposed to be. Rrrrrr stop commenting- stop emailing me, I ALREADY KNOW THEY AREN'T EXACTLY ROMAN! F*CK!

sorry, i've gotten a lot of responses as of late. These models are often interpretations- and usually don't have working names other than the ones i give to them while i'm creating them- hence the names that are fairly vague and general, or the ones that aren't exact (thank god not too many people here played Hexen).

But for pete's sake lighten the hell up people- so what if its not exactly Roman- i told you..."ish"

and to Lord Nicodemus- to quote you "see my comment on gold dude."

Level 6
As said before, its not really roman (as he does carry a corinthian-ish helm, and minoan shield) but these are fantasy dudes, as the author says, theyre based upon the style of southern europe from that time. I like it, and will most likely use it for a heroic warrior or a soldier in a mythologic-ish army.

Level 1
No Attachment Points

Dude pls fix this i cant attach effects to this unit... no auras no buffs seem to add any effect to him ... i tried custom buffs with attachment points chest ,origin ,left hand ,right hand, overhead, head and none worked please fix this or tell me what should i do?

Level 1
How to attach effects to it?
no effects from spells or buffs display on the model help?!? :(

Level 3
not working for me

This isn't working for me ... do i get rid of the war3mapImported on all the paths or what? Please could someone help me! :eekani:
Thanks

Level 1
This is probably the best gladiator/spartan model made. But can you rename the bones the way blizzard does on their models? That way we can attach items to the hands, like different sheilds and swords.

Attachment doesn't work because the bones aren't named right.

Level 2
when it dies.. 3-4 seconds later an untouchable standing image of the units appears....
can you fix?

Level 2
Can someone make another model like this but without the shield and sword or only with the shield cause i want him with spear and shield or something like that if its only with shield ill attach spear

And for the model it rules i like it very much good work :thumbs_up:

Level 4
It's really nice, and there aren't similar models (except the gold twin blade version) so its even more usefull 5/5

Level 2
New unit

Your gladiator model is great. Nothing can beat it. If you want to make another great model, make a Spartan. The spartan is pretty much the same as your gladiator except has more bronze and leather. It has a leather breastplate and skirt, with bronze helmet and shield just like yours. The shield does not have that lion on it, and normally spartans used spears so if you could have a stabbing motion on your attacks, that would be great.:cute::thumbs_up:

Level 1
What happens when gladiator dies it fals on ground and then raises and stands there what happens
I have the same Problem, it would be really nice if you can fix that. I really love this Model, but because of the bug only 4/5

Level 9
This is a 10/10 model, but unfortunately it has no attachment points and death animation.
Now I will be able to add attachment point and sound in Magos, it is rather easy.

But one thing: the death animation. I see in Magos there is a beautiful death animation that is made by the modeler, but it just won't fire when the unit actually dies. He just stands like a statue for several seconds and then disappears.

Anyone with modeling knowledge can tell me what to do in Magos to 'enable' this death animation? :)

--------

NVM: just adding the attachment point fixes it.
For reference, you need to add following attachment points to this model:
Origin: 0,0,0
Overhead: 0,0,170

Last edited:
Level 4
The shield whould be more rectangular and the gladius should be shorter. Then it would truly look Roman.
The helmet would still be incorrect given it is a Corinthian helm. This is more of a Greek Hoplite than anything else unless the intention is that this Gladiator is Greek.