• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Giving Additional Damage Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Greetings friends, I've been creating a fairly D&D-like map from a statistical standpoint. However, I decided to stray off of the path a bit. I'm trying to make it where instead of getting increased damage through the primary stat, every few levels, you gain an additional point of die. Would anyone know how I'd go about doing that? Obviously a trigger about checking on their level, probably... but I'm not sure how I'd make a trigger which gives an additional point of die.

To elaborate, say a hero starts being able to do 1-4 damage, that's one die, with four sides. I want to increase the die count, say, every four levels. So a level 4 character will do 2-8 damage, two dice, four sides each.

Last edited:
Level 12
I believe with 1.29 you can actually change the die count and damage.
With earlier versions... the only thing I can think of is to make multiple versions of the hero one with 1-4, 2-8, 3-12, 4-16, etc. and replace the unit as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.