• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Giving a building the Mass Teleport ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm trying to give a building the Mass Teleport ability from the Archmage so that it can be used to move units around (without the building itself moving ofc).
The problem is that when I give the ability to the building and use it, the animation plays along with the sound but nothing is teleported. I've tried making the ability a non-hero ability but it doesn't change anything. Is it just impossible to give this ability to a building or am I missing something?
I've considered using triggers to create the ability with a dummy caster, but it creates a delay and doesn't centre the animation on the caster so it looks awful.

If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it.

Level 15
I guess that buildings are a problem because of two reasons:
They cannot move
They are positioned in a grid, so you cannot move them in between the cells.
I would either use dummy caster, I think it should not be too hard to make it look nice, or trigger the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.