• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Getting user resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is there a way to do that? Because I am using a custom-made picture to recreate some stuff and now I can see that it only works good at my resolution.
The trigger is
Dialog - Display image 1 of size (2132, 1200) with image New folder\Frame1.dds using blend mode Normal at Center with (0, 0)
It covers the whole screen. If there is a way to get the resolution I would be able to fix this problem. Or maybe there is another way?

Edit: Stupid me, I will just ask the player in the start of the game :D Not everything has to be automatic after all.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Edit: Stupid me, I will just ask the player in the start of the game :D Not everything has to be automatic after all.
This is the only effective way. You can use a sort of calibration test as well for users who are not aware of their resolution (computer illiterates).

I do not know why Blizzard did not use the standard 0.0-1.0 from top left of screen to bottom right that is used in most graphic libraries. As that quantity is decoupled from physical resolution there is no problem with scaling.

Remember to save resolution in a bank to prevent players answering it each time. Also allow players to change the resolution in the case they made an incorrect selection (by mistake).

Do not only allow the selection of standard resolutions as there is no guarantee that all players will be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.