• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Geosets do not display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have some custom models created out of combinations of normal wc units, wow textures and other stuff. When I open them in MME everything is displayed and works out fine in the animation manager but when imported into world editor certain geosets are either missing and won't show up or show up in weird ankles and do not move together with the character. Anyone experienced this before and got some suggestions for me?

Thank you

...when imported into world editor certain geosets are either missing and won't show up or show up in weird ankles and do not move together with the character

Remember to attach all the mesh to the bones. The hat and the weapon were not linked to a bone. Also, you're forgetting some GeosetAnims.

Attachments

• SallyWhitemane.mdx
    146.6 KB · Views: 54
Level 22
I believe you made the usual mistake of mixing Bones and Helpers.

If you use Magos Model Editor, look in the Node Manager: you will see Bones (with a blue bone icon) and Helpers (with another icon).
Geosets should be attached to Bones exclusively, never Helpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.