• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Geomerging animated attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merging geosets using "Geomerge Merger" will only transfer the geoset, without any animations, particle emitters or bones.

So, if I wanted to regain the missed animations, I had to create a new bone + its animation. But is that even possible? 'Cause this means that the "Stand"anim of the attachment has to be combined with the moving/attacking animations of the model.

If this starts to be too complicated, I just leave the merged models as they are. XD

Oh, and thanks for all those replies! Very much appreciated!

Well, what are you trying to merge? You could also attach it in-game, you know.

Yes, that's true, but my main goal is to use attachments without Triggers, as this would mean to change a map. If connected and merged into one single model, it can be used unrelated to any maps (as far as this is allowed due to copyrights ofc).

Some attachments, like the DragonBlade by HappyTauren (probably the most beautiful sword attachment on Hive + perfect ingame texture use), have animations (standing + some emitters). If you would simply geomerge these, they will lose these animations. I try to figure out how these can be either restored or taken over.

probably is, with 3ds max at least, otherwise just use attachment points on the unit.

Oh DAMN I'm dumb, THANKS! I didn't realize it would be actually THAT easy to simply use the specific mdx attachment via Magos ME by setting it to attachment points.... Dumb me. That disables attachment positioning, but who cares. 3ds is WAY too complicated for me. xD

If this is possible, this thread can be closed. Thanks again everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.