• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Geomerge a Mesh for Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I made this symbol of Khorne into a mesh with 2 geosets in MDLVIS, but I don't have the tools or the know-how to attach it to a pole or add it to a flag, etc, could somebody do this for me?

60857_md-Chaos%20Daemons%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000.jpg

Roughly what I'd like for it to look like ^ minus all the pointy branches

Sidenote: extra kudos to anyone who would like to do some even simpler geomerges for me like adding skulls to the tops of helmets.

Attachments

• khornesymbol.mdx
    6.6 KB · Views: 27
Level 14
Your symbol is 2-dimensional.
  • Shall I add some thickness and make it static, with a golden metal appearance similar to the concept image here (similarly to the outland standards in the vanilla game, available in War3x.MPQ at Doodads\Outland\Props\Standard\Standard0.mdx),
  • or should i keep it 2D and make it billboarded (so that it moves with the player camera as to always display the front of the symbol. the appearance is that the symbol stays always the same, you can't "see it from the side". the sphere on top of the priest's staff and those at the ends of the archer's bow are done that way.)
(About the helmets. I made a helmet for your request some time ago and it had skulls already. I'm waiting for your feedback on that thread because I'm inexperienced in making attachment models.
Unless you're referring to some other helmet in this post. In that case <uhm> what do you mean?)

Level 22
Adding faces to make it 3D would be nice yeah. Billboarded would look awkward if it were part of a flag.

Iirc that helmet was just by itself ripped? I'll have to take another look in that thread. After you suggested using that helmet I actually ripped and oriented it myself. I didn't realize you did one with skulls though? I'll take another look.

Level 14
I used it as a base, admittedly. But I made some degree of modification, you'll agree. In case I linked the wrong testmap let me know I'll upload the latest one. I'll continue the helmet discussion in the dedicated thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.