• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Genesis of Empires II v1.10.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Ever thought that one day you will see a map that makes Warcraft 3 feel like an entirely different game? Well today is your lucky day!

Genesis of Empires II is one of the most advanced strategic empire building maps ever created. It pushes warcraft 3 to and probably past its limits. Not only is this map extremely complex, it is also highly addictive and exceedingly impressive.

The most amazing feature is that you have the ability to build, manage and develop your empire entirely by using multiboards and arrow keys. Although hard to get used to, you will soon find your self loving the system and wondering “Why has no one else ever used this?”

That is not all, as the terrain allows you to choose the map size in game, so with few players, a smaller area can be fought in. On top of that, natural recourses are needed for your empire to grow, which are randomly found around the map, waiting to be used. Also the terrain is strategic, meaning that some areas enable to mince your foes, while others let your army get flattened.

The choice is amazing to, since not only mechanical technologies are available, but also magical paths. Each is well balanced and own a mass killing machine of great destructive power. You can even combine them, so you can have your techno necro army go around and decimate your poor foes and using their own dead against them.

Forming alliances is also a skill that will be needed for you to do well in this map. Huge wars can rage so choosing the right foes is crucial. The alliance system is by far the best, and even trade can be preformed to allow a really good team to be formed. Remember to watch your back or you might be the weakest link thou.

Practice makes perfect with this map, so hit the download link and get playing. And remember, this map is one of the hardest maps ever made, but also probably the best so show your foes what you are made of, and let the battle commence.

For support, tips and feedback, visit the official site at http://www.genesisofempires.com/ .

This download is provided by The Hive Workshop.
Contents

Genesis of Empires II v1.10.4 (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: doesn't work with v1.24, unfortunately :/ Dr Super Good: (Director's Cut) This map is extreemly fun, hard to get used to but fun. It also really pushes Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne to its limates. This means that no matter if you...

M

ap0calypse: doesn't work with v1.24, unfortunately :/

Dr Super Good: (Director's Cut)
This map is extreemly fun, hard to get used to but fun. It also really pushes Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne to its limates. This means that no matter if you prefer to play or make your own maps, you should atleast play this a few times for ideas. Also have to add it contains one of the best multiboard systems I have ever seen.

Level 10
One of the best war maps i ever saw. The use of GetLocalPlayer function, the multiboards, the extra resources, the different varities of maps. Excellent Job.
9/10. I believe low-sized kb yet well made models or attachments for some of the units/buildings would perfect the map.

Level 2
Woah this one really knocked me off, but its complicated though...

Maybe the best you can get out of W3

Level 24
A very fun map, thats been made extremely well. Haven't been able to play it multilayer yet, but it looks very good singleplayer :)

I found the tutorial easy to follow, so I was able to learn how to play the game very quickly. I especially liked the menu, it was simple, very easy to use and looked great.

Excellent map, so a 9/10 from me!

Level 18
this map iz relly awsome.

though i dont want 2 sound like a noob, but i kinda got bored after making my fortress, and i had like 2000 population. I found that it waz a pain in the but to upgrade everything,

but dont get me wrong, i luved this map, 6/5 is definetly a right mark :D

Level 7
This map might have push war3 to it's limit, without any sort of lag when played, I have to say this map is very well made.

Level 8
Lol omg. Nice maps.

Good things about map:
-Very original. Could be put into a whole new genre of maps.
-Very complex and fun gameplay, offering offering a creative techtree.
-Doesn't lag.
-Just pure...nice

Quick suggestions:
-Maybe you could make trees grow back, because chopping down trees kinda ruin the beauty of the environment. And getting wood is really vital for your empire.
-Extend the limit of influence.
-Decrease the size of shanties by a little bit.
-Ultimately, make AIs!

Hope you find my suggestions helpful in any way.

Level 21
Not right... On stronghold you can put your units on the walls, on the towers, and they are seen, they attack, archers can have fire arrows from braziers, tunellers can dig at any time, gates can open / close over water.

But the gameplay sames with a lot more games, but only sames.

Level 2
hmmmm your quit right i've only seen stronghold not played it so i dont know much about it

but it does sames with alot of other games

well sorry my mistake

Level 4
Concept: 5/5 The idea to build a BIG empire that need food, water and crops and jobs and places to spend their freetime is amazing. Also the idea to evolve your empire into so many different things like a orc tribe or an empire with holy knights or simply a modern society with tanks and stuff is great.

Gameplay: 5/5 The game seems to be complicated at first but after you have done the tutorial and played a bit you really get used to it. Except unit control you can do everything with multiboards and it is very intuitive and easy to manage your empire. The diplomacy and trading part is also very well done through your multiboards.

Level Design: 4/5 The map is very well made, it looks very pretty. You also included different map borders for a different number of players which is also very nice. But personally I think that you didn´t made that much differences between a position in the south and a position in the north. Of course north has more ore mines and south a bit more water. But all in all there are enough resources scattered around that trading does not really become crucial. You should really do something about that. Maybe make it that farms cannot produce that much crops if on icy ground etc.

Sound/Models/Tooltips: 5/5 Flawless. No tooltip is missing, all icons are correct all models are fitting. As far as I have seen it there are no custom models or sounds but that is not bad.

Replayability: 5/5 Since there are so many possibilites to evolve your empire you can play it several times until you have seen everything. And seeing that you can play it with 10 other players no game will be like the one before.

Balance & Bugs: 4/5 Even with so many different units and tech-paths the balance is pretty neat. But since you can get a 20 Food behemoth in lesser time then the 20 food Pit Lord there are some balancing issues as I see it.
Also there is a flaw with the tutorial. It just ends on the fortress without stating to do so. Also it promises the player to forge an alliance .. which it never does or telling you how to do.

Final Score: 5/5

Genesis of Empires 2 pushes Warcraft 3 to it´s limits. 10 different Resources plus Population makes the map very complex but not necessarily complicated. Of course you need patience to learn how the map works and you need a good micromanagement because you do not have many units but every unit has one or two special abilities you need to use. All in all it is the best strategic game I´ve ever seen in warcraft.

stronghold crusader is a medieval rts about christians conquering the (arabic religion). This game is very much the same like stronghold. In stronghold, you chop wood, quarry, mine iron, produce cheese,apple,grapes,wheat, make wine, make bread, make flour, make weapons and armors. Its a quick game, because just two clicks will build a building anywhere within the reachof the castle. In training units, you need a peasant. That's all i know about stronghold. :|>

Level 21
I know a lot about Stronghold because I played Strongholg and Stronghold Crusader.
But Stronghold is better than this map.

What does Stronghold has and this map hasn't?
-Walls, stairs and towers
-Units wich can walk on walls, stairs and towers
-Braziers
-Oil and Spike traps
-Trebuchets
-Much better currency and resources system
-Citizens/Villagers wandering around the places
-Playgrounds for people entertainment
-Ways to torture people
-Real castle sieges
-Siege weapons on the top of large towers
-Campaigns
-Tons of skirmish maps
-An editor
~And there's probably more, but I forgot!

Level 4
GoEII Recourse System

Does anyone know how GoEII made their recourse system? I imagine it's pretty complicated, from setting up the board to keeping track of and linking a dozen different resources in game + tax & population/army upkeep. I want to implement a similar system for my medieval strategy map.