• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

General League Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I've been thinking, how can league of legends get so elite?

The game got so low variation and hardly no decision making, its basically just a matter of who got the most gold or a better setup that decides the games outcome. Skill is a lower fact than in DotA which is basically only skill. :confused:

Level 19
Yay, finally a General Discussion thread! I've been missing a thread like this all the time :D

LoL has gotten popular and thus attracts a lot of people - and of course some players get better than others. That's logic I guess :b

Level 11
Large player base isn't what i'm questioning, but the fact that tournaments and serious gaming teams (SK-Gaming, Fnatic etc) devote in to this so much is what I am wondering about.

Picking a counter champion for the laning phase can win the entire game, for example; Akali vs Malphite for Solo top ends with Malphite wining or Annie vs LeBlanc ends with LeBlanc winning. A skilled jungler can interfere but if he fails the result will be unchanged.

Riot is making me confused with their weird balancing system @.@

Level 11
That is exactly what i meant, its harder to counter a champion in LoL than in DotA due to the limits of it.

In DotA you can buy items to counter a unit like Lothar's Edge for escaping or Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse for extra cc.

In LoL you can get Zhonya's Hourglass to escape some damage or Hextech Gunblade for some extra cc. But they do little difference compared to DotA's items or your spells.

Level 16
Well, I also had a build for my beloved Vladimir, although I always changed things if I had to; but in general it was so damn good that I very rarely had to buy something that's not in my build (for example Rylai's, Force of Nature or Quicksilver Sash - sometimes they can be superior against a team or hell, even against one single champion).

For others it's very situational. You always have to buy your items depending on the enemy team; buying Void Staff against a team that has no MR items will not help you at all, neither Chain Vest against LeBlanc.

Level 16
Well, although it's free, they earn much more money than any other so called "MOBA" (so damn awful name; I often stick to the old and still perfect "AoS") out there.

Also, WTF? They're going to buff n00bdekaiser and leave Vladimir untouched? Even the pros and Morello accepted the fact that he's overnerfed (see: pre-buff Sivir) and nothing. That happens when Morello gets pwnd by a champion...

Level 11
Vladimir is an average mid laner, who gets super strong once he gets his Hextech Revolver.
I got my as kicked by one just a week ago, but I guess LeBlanc is not the perfect champ against him due to her limited farm capability :S

Its just a matter of how you play and who your opponent is. And if that opponent is Fizz then he should be nerfed -.-

Level 16
LeBlanc actually sucks against Vladimir. LeBlanc is a one-trick-pony champion, you pop your full combo, and if you're lucky the enemy is dead. If not so, you have to wait another 30 sec. Champions with some sustain can easily handle her. (Hell, I've pawned even a Zilean who got a blue buff immediately after game start).

But if you have to face an Annie, a Ryze, Brand, Morgana, Kassadin you're almost certainly dead. They have either higher damage, lower cooldowns, higher range and some sort of hard CC (slow is soft CC, and Vladimir's only slow ability requires you to be in melee range and sacrifice 20% of your current health and your only escape mechanism).

He's bad in general, once again, even the pros and Morello agreed on this. You had a weak early game, but you're great after level 7-9. He was not that great either later in the game, but he was average. Now he has a super weak early game, a weak mid game and a yet weak late game. The only way to be able to do anything with him if you get fed, but hell, which carry can't carry you the match if it gets fed?

Level 16
Well, after like 2k games (800+675 on main account, 200+ Coop vs AI for first win bonus, and some on other accounts) I got really bored, you know. I'm working on my WC3 map, that's fair enough for me :D

And well, Rumble is a ROFL champion. Turn on Q, use your ulti and bamm, penta kill. I'm wondering how can such a champion exist, there's no way you can play it well or badly, you can just play it.

Level 11
No one rarely plays Rumble anymore, just like Xerath.

Both are incredibly strong during lane and got no problem carrying late game with their immense aoe damage. Its weird xD

But do not forget that Vladimir got sustain and a panic buttong which for example Malzahar doesnt. What some one lacks in his defense he gains in offense, what he lacks in offense he gain in defense. Its a general AOS/MOBA rule.

@Amargaard lol that is so true :D

Level 16
No, Vladimir doesn't have much defense either, to be honest he's squishy too. Yes, he may look beefy with that high HP he has, but note that his W and R takes away a huge portion of his health (percentage) and his E has high HP cost. If you have 500 AP and 3k HP, which is kinda average, after a team fight, if you pop your ulti, pool, Q+E twice, you'll have like 2000-2200 HP left (I did some calculations before), which is pretty much like you had no defensive items, but things like madred deal even more damage to you. I thought that's he's strong and OP before too, but after playing him, I found all his bad sided too (which he has a lot, especially after these nerfes). He's really not that strong and OP that people try/tried to make him look like (just like Irelia; it's easier to cry for nerfs than learning to counter a champion)

Level 16
Well, I'm a "LoL only" player, the other games are all DotA copies, and DotA is not only boring, but has dozens of design error. (Note that this is still my personal opinion, do not response to this, I just wanted to note why I don't play other games)

My try at fixing Vladimir would look kinda like this:
-Q CD: 7/6/5/4/3

The nerfed damage on this ability can stay, but +1 sec cd (33%) is an overkill. It should also give you spell vampirism (20-25%) instead of the flat HP. This would work better with other abilities and it would solve the "200 HP back even if I have 300 MR" problem as well.

All the other abilities are fine, both their damage and cooldown are fine. Only the HP costs should be nerfed, especially on E, because you have to keep it on 4 to get some damage out of it and it can take away like 30% of your HP easily.

Level 11
Its part of the AOS/MOBA balance, it doesn't have any cost so it must have a long cd.

I would like to have the delay on my Call of the Void removed since it can be avoided so easily but no it would make it to op if i can harras better with it. Instead I get oom on spamming it so I have to prioritize MP5 runes and Dorian's Ring over boots or other high valued stats.

My friends always tell me to stay passive until mid game since my abilities scale better then, I suggest you do that to. Farming is better than kills.

Level 16
2011 june-dec: 1 Coop vs AI per day, for first win of the day. I got really bored of the game, the community and that shit that RIOT call balance and funny game (the skillcap difference between certain champions is ridicilous)

I played some games this week tho', they were good ones; but that's mostly because I played them with my friends and hell, we had a really great time on skype :D

The live team are testing some changes to Vlad that help out his laning experience. - Meddler

Took them an eternity, but hell, it's finally here and that's what matters.

EDIT: forgot to mention this: http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...4201_155123054506251_1306483_1826542086_n.jpg

I was sparing my IP for this champion, and it's here! Going to be an insta-buy ( sorry Wukong, you must wait :( )

Level 16
Yea, it's awesome for sure! It's a shame I did not mention it earlier... whatever. It was told my friends about that page when I found it, and forgot to mention it here. But you can find everything there, even some non-public informations sometimes; such us Viktor, who's taken Ahri's first place on my "Must Buy Champions" list.

Well, I know it's kinda off-topic, but still... would you mind checking my project? (it's in my signature). The thread is hella-outdated, but it contains lots of useful informations. I'm going to update it soon, since the terrain seems to be almost done, and so are all the systems needed to play. In fact, it's almost playable now (I just have to create the initializer for the buildings; everything is trigger-based on this map), it simply lacks more heroes and items. And it has to be balanced, of course. You can post your opinion as a VM if you don't want to go even more off-topic, but since it's a LoL group, and as a WC3 mapper, a big LoL player and a huge AoS project leader, I felt like asking for some feedback here.

Level 16
I have 4500 IP for him already. Well, we shall see in the champion spotlight video, however I'm quite sure he'll get insta-buyed. I really hope he'll only cost 4800 or 3150, it'd be a great Christmas Gift (however we've already got one, the 300 RP bonus thing).

Level 16
Thoughts on Ryze? OP as hell IMO. My first Ryze match (well, not really the first, but I havent played him since his rework): I was 1/10 against Brand (both junglers ganked and their Brand & Lee Sin survived with 10 HP while we both died; and I was still ramboing against him, because I'm ryze) and carried them the match (finished with a beautiful 14/12). The second Ryze match today: I raped a cassio on mid, and carried them the match again (two of our inhibs were down, and we could only destroy 2 of their towers). Hell, his damage is comment, and all you have to do is build defensive mana items. Pathetic. I'm sparing IP for runes, I've got two MP/level runes already.

Level 11
Ryze counter those that uses kiting style easily. This one time me and a friend went duo Will of the Ancients (Me as Morgana top and he as Ryze mid) and as soon as the team fights started it was gg due to our massive aoe and spellvamp.

CC = average, defense = average, damage/aoe = good/good, mobility = none , support = none, farming = good

very good overall statistics, he is worth maining.

Status
Not open for further replies.