• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

General Discussion - Upcoming 2nd Beta release!

Level 5
I saw many of the topics were inactive, so i cleaned up the forums alittle :)

1.52 has now been released, so im changing this threaed into a discussion about the next version... I have still not decided if it will be called the 3rd beta release or the 1.0 full version release!

The 3rd release will include:

New Modes
The 3rd release introduces the Team modes. So far i have finished the Team Deathmatch mode, but im also planning to add a "Teams of 2" deathmatch where you fight in teams of 2.

Bounty
Instead of simply gaining 5 gold for killing an enemy, you gain the amount of kills he currently has had without dying. If i, for example, get 23 kills and then get killed by an enemy, he will get 23 gold and my bounty will be reseted.

New weapons/Items
The 3rd release will, of course, also include more weapons and items. I have not yet all the weapon types and items it will include, so any suggestions are welcome!

New equipping system
All who has played the map knows about the 8 seconds reload time, which you must wait every time you respawn. The 3rd release will change this system, so you only have to wait the time it takes to cooldown the weapon you are trying to equip. You will also keep your weapon equipped when respawning.

Balancing
And of course lots of balancing and minor addons.

If you have found any bugs in the map, or have any suggestions for the upcoming beta, post in this topic

Level 2
There will also be upgrades to the skins, mainly the walls.

The doodad skins will also get upgraded, if i can find the pats, which seems to be rather deeply hidden.

Level 16
So you guys are using marines, correct?

You should also have two vehicles-- the Grav-Sled, and the Heavy Assault. They are basically opposite, but both have no weapons, the assault gets two run units over and the Grav-Sled can ram. If the vehicle dies the passenger and all nearby units will also die.

Level 5
No we are using riflemans with dankiz agent skin =)

I am not planning to add any vehicles to this version, as it still only includes solo fighting modes (deathmatch, survivor) but if i add a more epic battle mode there will most probably be cool tanks in it =) Thx for ideas!

Level 16
Okay, here are a couple more ideas I ripped from tribes 2

Spinfusor: A kind of impact shot, slow, but powerful. It is like a lightning ball, but impacts and create a 2 meter explosion, doing significant damage even if it misses

Laser Pistol: Another powerful weapon, but what happens is it drains from a battery pack, which slowly recharges. It also bounces. Effective when aimed

Level 5
Whoa that laser could be a really cool idea... I mean, it could drain mana while activated, and while activated it could simply create a beam straight forward!

The carrion swarm has two AoE (splash) statistics; one normal AoE and one END AoE. I have not really figured what this End AoE is, but its either A circle splash in the end, or how triangle shaped the swarm shud be.

If the End AoE is a circle on impact, it means i can make a gun with VERY small splash, and then when it ends it creates a huge explosion!

Level 16
About the item spawns. You should cap the shots, and create like cover--sotrage creates, that kind of stuff, for them to hide behind, other than just "shadows." Also, you should make a control room which will control day-night (lighting) to make things easier of harder, then add night vision.

Level 5
Control room would be cool! It could have several ways to control the spacestation:

Change heading - Sun (turns night into day)
Change heading - No sun (turns day into night)

Change course - Meteor storm (moves the spacestation into a meteor storm, which randomly hits the station and shakes the screen for all players)

Any more ideas for control room? :D

Level 2
Yeah, you could have cameras all over the station, and in the control room, you could wiew the cameras.

And; indstead of changing heading to make it dark, you could have an option to turn of the station. When the power is off, you could loose like 1hp every 10 sec, as the oxygen supply don't get any power :wink:.

Level 16
Then it would be kind of hard to play. You should disable gravity, thus making the things in the station slower (harder to move), except if areas where you can get traction (or some sort of movement thruster)

Lastly, I can offer to mdl edit better effects. You should make some weapons more than just bullets. For example, again from T2, there is a plasma pistol, like a speeded up spinfusor with small projectile, and like the spinfusor, causes an explosion. Orb of slow missle. You could also use laser snipers, which when you cast the scope attack, reveals a line of sight using a bunch of dummy units. This will then let you attack with your carrion swarm move.

I'm really good with this futuristic stuff, because I have like 15 dead futuristic projects.

Level 5
Haha cool ideas dankiz =)

Those cameras shouldnt be to hard to fix, and yeah its a better idea to call it "Turn power offline" instead of face away from sun ^^

Maybe 2-300 vision range at night, if you dont have night vision? That would make it so damn spooky...

And yes ability to disable gravity would be cool too... Maybe i can make everybody flying units so they can walk in space when gravity is turned off? 8)

Im going skiing for 3 days now; ill be back 29th december, cya then! Feel free to post here anyways, ill try to get to a comp and reply!

Level 2
There seems to be wery few doodads in the war3 mpq and war3x. I can't, as an example, find the cityscape stone bench, nor the barricade doodad.

Of you can tell me where to find these, it will be nice :p.

Level 14
stone bench: Textures\CityStructures.blp

barricade:
Textures\Doodads0.blp
(SpinningBoard.blp, ReplaceableTextures\Weather\Clouds8x8.blp)
Those last two are used by the model, but I have no idea where on the model they are used.

Btw, as u might have noticed by now, 1 skin is usually for more then 1 doodad, cuz they all look abit alike.

Level 2
Aahh.. now i finally remeber where i recognise you from, iNfraNe, we are in the same clan :D.

Adn yes, i have seen that not all doodads have their own skin :wink:.

The smoke looks good, hope GaDD will use it :p.

Level 5
Ok im back from skiing everybody :D

Dling that cloud model right away!

edit: I have released the 1.52 beta and has edited the first post in this topic to include info on the 3rd release instead; read the first post again!