• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garrisoning/Call to Arms skill conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been trying to make a new(?) kind of map for a while now. Peasants are the main kind of unit, and are trained into soldiers at different buildings. They still have the Call to Arms skill, and have a custom skill based on it which transforms them into archers. When I use either skill in map testing, both ability cards show as used and the peasant becomes an archer. All I did was make a custom Call to Arms, a custom archer unit, set the new skill to turn the peasant into the new unit, and apply the skill to the peasant unit. What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it?

Also, the map doesn't have buildings always be on set teams. I want to make it so all units can garrison all types of buildings, fire out of the buildings if equipped with a ranged weapon, and storm enemy buildings to take them over. I tried applying custom Orc Burrow abilities to each unit, but it's.. not working very well. The most salient problem is that only one unit type can be in a building at once. I can't have a conscripted archer, an axeman, and a crossbow bandit taking cover in the Town Hall at once. How can I get around that? I'd really like to do it in a way that still allows enemy swordsmen to storm the barracks and kill the defending archers, but I'd be more than pleased if I could just fit both the archer and the crossbowman in the Town Hall and have them both use their own attack.

Thanks for reading, and I'd greatly appreciate any advice. :)

Level 9
the second question i cant answer but the first is simple :wink:

you have 2 abilities based on the same ability on one unit.
Thats the problem :wink:
if you have 2 abilities based on the same one and order the unit to use ability 1 it will do ability 2 and if you order to use ability 2 it will use ability 2. so to get what you want you have to base one of these spells on another spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.