• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Game crashes after upgrading a town hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making an altered melee map, and what is annoying is that the human Town Hall causes a crash after it completes upgrading to Keep.

In the object properties nothing is changed in both. My graphics card is not the problem.
also there are no conflicting IDs

also just by CLICKING on a tavern, the game crashes

BOTH crashes do not display any error. Just closes the game.

What might be the problem?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You're telling me war3.MPQ is corrupt?
That does not make sense given that Warcraft III migrated to CASC late last year.

What might be the problem?
Might be related to Techtree - Dependency Equivalents. I recall solving a few crashes with similar symptoms related to this long ago. For example selecting a worker and opening their build command card caused a crash because one of the buildings they could build had that field set to values Warcraft III did not like. The crash occurred whenever the data for the unit was properly loaded for a client, which can happen indirectly such as when the build command card is opened that can build the unit.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Oh, I found it - i had created 4 altars that can upgrade inbetween each other and this was causing the crash for some unknown reason. This is not connected to the town hall but oh well.
Some bug with upgrading mechanics
Possibly an infinite loop occurred when the engine tried to resolve something. Cyclic upgrades alone should not do that but maybe some other aspect of the alters causes it.

Level 5
Possibly an infinite loop occurred when the engine tried to resolve something. Cyclic upgrades alone should not do that but maybe some other aspect of the alters causes it.

I tested that some time ago and it seems with Reforged they changed it so it will look up what buildings can be upgraded to this building if you click anything that has this building as a condition.
So yes, it can create an infinity loop closing WC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.