• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game Cache help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello sorry if this isn't where this is supposed to go. I wasn't sure. I am wondering how the game caching system works. I am going to reboot my operating system sometime soon but I have been playing some of the ORPG's on BNET and have some characters saved that I would like to keep saved. I was wondering if I needed to or could save a backup copy of the game cache but I was unable to find anything like that when I searched my game files. So if someone could please let me know how the game caching system worked and if it were possible for me to back it up that would be fantastic
Thanks
Abewell

Level 9
First of all - The online Orpgs use save codes instead of game cache(it is used only in singleplayer)

If you still want to backup you chache you just have to backup the "save" folder in your game directory

The game cache will work after restart or even after windows reinstall(If windows and warcraft are installed on different local disks)

Status
Not open for further replies.