• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Galaxy Editor Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Looks nice, well it better be a reskinned WE than a reskinned CE. Isn't it better when they make the triggers kinda like in WE? Much easier to use. Ofc I'd love to see an option to be able to have a unit loaded into a transport from the editor, not have to create variables because the silly editor cant remember after 5 seconds what was the last created unit... I can list so many idiotic things of World Editor for all these years never improved that make me launch a missile at that editor.

Level 11
Level 5
Blizzard stated that the purpose of releasing the Galaxy Editor for Beta was, aside from having custom maps available for people at launch, was for people to learn the programming language. Leaving out GUI makes sense to that goal. Also, GUI likely isn't done and is the last thing they will work on with the editor.

I always found GUI useful for simple stuff. It was useful to do lots of 'simple stuff' really fast which is needed on a big map. But making an epic map with a beta editor would... not be wise. I just hope we can figure out the scripting in order to make it do what we want it to do. All we have are melee maps for examples and that isn't much.

The 'convert maps' from War 3 and Starcraft is interesting but that has to be limited only to terrain. With both games having entirely different sets of units, there is no way any map, other than basic melee, can be converted unless Blizzard has become magical.

Level 11
Theres a breaking news popup on the title screen in the beta talking about a service update coming soon, could this be it?? o_O

gepatchmaybe.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.