• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Galactic Conquest DE v1d

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is FIXED and will load the game!

Its a space war game... Its like those world war games or risk. 5k download from EpicWar! Also 480kb for the map! It contains more than 14 custom model units and more than 10 textures and its 480kb???

Also, v1d is NOT my latest map but an edited version of v1c... Yes, I have 2a!

------------------------------v1d-----------------------------

[So Major Fix] Removed the transparent User Interface that causes a crash because of the Space Tile for some but many computers, definitely will not crash anymore

------------------------------v1c------------------------------

[Major Fix] Disabled Fixed Player Settings, meaning that it won't be randomized anymore, due to bugs I can't currently fix

------------------------------v1b------------------------------

[Major Fix] Checkered Cubes (Green or Purple) doesn't show in next game
[Minor Add] Starting Locations are now random
[Minor Fix] Leaving will cause all units to die, and all planets to be neutralized
[Minor Fix] Reduced the risk of having no selection of planets and stars
[Minor Fix] All planets and stars positions are shown
[Major Add] Replaced all the models' textures into one
[Major Add] Added player's coloring to all non-structure units, if host allows it
[Minor Fix] Changed the Light Cruiser's model
[Major Fix] Balance issues
[Minor Fix] Tooltip errors
[Minor Fix] Changed the Loading Screen to a different format

------------------------------v1a------------------------------

[Major Add] Added new units
[Minor Add] More races
[Major Fix] Removed some multiplayer bugs
[Minor Fix] Extra 5 seconds before starting the game (Due to safety reasons)
[Minor Fix] Additional map size
[Minor Fix] Made the Race Selector invisible
[Major Add] Camera system added
[Minor Fix] Changed model of the Mothership's drone that does not lag as much.
[Major Fix] Changed the name to Galactic Conquest DE v1a to reduce confusion against my map and some others.
[Minor Add] Added a hotkey for Technology (T)

------------------------------v0b------------------------------

[Minor Fix] Changed income rate, and some gold and intelligent costs
[Major Fix] Removed the disconnecting bug
[Minor Fix] Made Colony Carrier's training faster but much more expensive

------------------------------v0a------------------------------

[Major Add] New units
[Major Add] Chat Message Board (CMB)
[Minor Fix] More balancing
[Minor Add] Planet attacked warning system
[Major Add] Icons for avatar and representation
[Minor Add] Security added (lol)
[Major Add] Website info added
[Major Add] Modified textures of models to make them smaller

Keywords:
Galactic, Empire, Builder, War, Conquest, Risk, Die, Galaxy, Space, Ships, World, War, 1, 2, 3, 4, 100, hi, Fixed.
Contents

Galactic Conquest DE v1d (Map)

Reviews
17:17, 7th Jun 2008 MasterHaosis: Hey man awesome map. I like htis idea with Galaxy. Man I am impressed with terrain original mini planets, stars, awesome ! Thing what I dislike is because you put on selection alot of planets to conquer. Man this is...

M

17:17, 7th Jun 2008
MasterHaosis: Hey man awesome map. I like htis idea with Galaxy. Man I am impressed with terrain original mini planets, stars, awesome ! Thing what I dislike is because you put on selection alot of planets to conquer. Man this is in aim to people spend more times on your map. You could make map more interesting instead putting more planets to conquer. Well thing also what I dislike also there are isons. Man you can make icons for space ships yourself, not from game this affect people's opinion about maps. Everyhting else is fine. Map rating is usefull and
[APPROVED]

Level 17
Thanks for the review mod, glad you liked it... As for the planet amount, I think I will implement a new trigger... This trigger will ask how big the map should be displaying the recommended players per option, which affects the planet amount option ofcourse... Good idea? Example, 2 players = 64x64 max of 200 planets... And the icons make me go lazy, but what the heck... Any easy idea to make my own icons? Converter are not needed...

Level 34
Well actually your map doesnot need ,,fixing'' because it is good, it only can be enhanced with something to become more fun and interesting to play. Well actually if it is 3 mb it is not big problem, but some people pretend on lower map space by that. Anyway you will do it with reason, new units. Only you must to change icons into galactic.

Level 17
Well actually your map doesnot need ,,fixing'' because it is good, it only can be enhanced with something to become more fun and interesting to play. Well actually if it is 3 mb it is not big problem, but some people pretend on lower map space by that. Anyway you will do it with reason, new units. Only you must to change icons into galactic.

Your just sabatoging me cause you hate me! That island game got Recommended while I got Useful!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

Almost done with my new triggers...

Anyways, now that I found out I can extend my map to 480x480, should I do it?

Level 8
huh?
I'm saying that perhaps you could take advantage of your planned system:
Vicboy said:
I think I will implement a new trigger... This trigger will ask how big the map should be displaying the recommended players per option, which affects the planet amount option ofcourse... Good idea? Example, 2 players = 64x64 max of 200 planets...
to modify the game size as you see fit for a variable number of players. For instance: if the game is 5v5 have it at 350x350 [or whatever] but for 1v1, much smaller as you said. I'm not trying to sabotage your map. I'm trying to give you a helpful opinion.
As to your second question, its not finished yet.
The map has a lot of planned features often neglected in space maps. I'm also inventing from scratch the involved sides with help from a fellow map designer, making resources for it and generally striving to produce a finished, professional product.