• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Galactic Conquest DE v1c

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Its a space war game... Its like those world war games or "risk". 5k download from EpicWar! Also 480kb for the map! It contains more than 14 custom model units and more than 10 textures and its 480kb???

------------------------------v1c------------------------------

[Major Fix] Disabled Fixed Player Settings, meaning that it won't be randomized anymore, due to bugs I can't currently fix.

------------------------------v1b------------------------------

[Major Fix] Checkered Cubes (Green or Purple) doesn't show in next game
[Minor Add] Starting Locations are now random
[Minor Fix] Leaving will cause all units to die, and all planets to be neutralized
[Minor Fix] Reduced the risk of having no selection of planets and stars
[Minor Fix] All planets and stars positions are shown
[Major Add] Replaced all the models' textures into one
[Major Add] Added player's coloring to all non-structure units, if host allows it
[Minor Fix] Changed the Light Cruiser's model
[Major Fix] Balance issues
[Minor Fix] Tooltip errors
[Minor Fix] Changed the Loading Screen to a different format

------------------------------v1a------------------------------

[Major Add] Added new units
[Minor Add] More races
[Major Fix] Removed some multiplayer bugs
[Minor Fix] Extra 5 seconds before starting the game (Due to safety reasons)
[Minor Fix] Additional map size
[Minor Fix] Made the Race Selector invisible
[Major Add] Camera system added
[Minor Fix] Changed model of the Mothership's drone that does not lag as much.
[Major Fix] Changed the name to Galactic Conquest DE v1a to reduce confusion against my map and some others.
[Minor Add] Added a hotkey for Technology (T)

------------------------------v0b------------------------------

[Minor Fix] Changed income rate, and some gold and intelligent costs
[Major Fix] Removed the disconnecting bug
[Minor Fix] Made Colony Carrier's training faster but much more expensive

------------------------------v0a------------------------------

[Major Add] New units
[Major Add] Chat Message Board (CMB)
[Minor Fix] More balancing
[Minor Add] Planet attacked warning system
[Major Add] Icons for avatar and representation
[Minor Add] Security added (lol)
[Major Add] Website info added
[Major Add] Modified textures of models to make them smaller
Contents

Galactic Conquest DE v1c (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Very similar to the other galactic conquest maps/risk maps with the same imported material. Nice feature selection at the start.

M

VGsatomi: Approved. Very similar to the other galactic conquest maps/risk maps with the same imported material. Nice feature selection at the start.

Level 9
Hi!
The map is really awesome!
Congratulations!
Here is some suggestions to the map improvement:
-More armor/weapon/space speed levels, I think 10 levels isn't just enough
-Maybe more type of ships, for example an ultimate ship that can destroy planets, because after some time playing we acumulate a great amount of money that we can't use
-If you know how, you could do a AI system for this map, because sometimes, due to internet problems or other reasons, people would like to play in singleplayer, this is just my opinion
-to turn the game more realistic, doing something like make a group of planets, move in circles around a unique star, should be cool I think, but maybe that should give a lot of work since the planets are buildings.

And I have a doubt: for what the stars are needed? I thought it was to destroy ships when they pass near the star, but that doesn't happen.

Level 17
Oh! Thank YOU! Some good suggestions it is...

Anyways...

-Did you play this at Battle.Net?

-I can put more type of ships, although it is not easy balancing and ect...

-I don't know how to do AI

-That will really be hard, and if I did use a system to do that, it will lag alot...

Thanks for your comments! It has really made me more confident of my project (lol I was about to make a new map)

BTW, did anyone leave as the game started?

Level 9
-No I didn't played on battle.net because when I host a game I think no one sees it, and I've hosted the most played maps and I've a autorefresh program, so I don't host maps anymore.
-there's a tool you can download in THW that you write some data of a unit and the data of another unit, and then you see how balanced your game could be.
-Maybe you're right, i was working on a huge campaign of star wars, where the players could enter planets and travel in the space, seeing the planets moving slowly but I gave up.

BTW do you want host this map on battle.net or we could play on LAN, what do you think? PM me.

Level 17
So... How excactly did you say "because after some time playing WE acumulate a great amount of money that we can't use" ???

There is a tool, I know it... But I don't really like typing so much infos...

No really... Do you really want me to move 650 planets a pixel every 0.01 seconds? With 650 variables and arrays?

Anyways, I also can't host (Kinda weird almost all the mapmakers cannot host and that most popular maps have creators who can host)

I want to play LAN :p but I might lag because im using laptop...

Anyways theres a tutorial that teaches people how to host... Though it doesn't work for me :(

(Ideally its because of the router and the computer's firewall that cause all the non-hosting problems...)

PS: Yes I want to play lan (OR you can ask a friend to host it over battle.net)

PPS: What are your usernames and in which servers?, I am Vicboyy in US WEST and Europe while Vicboy in US EAST and ASIA

Level 9
I said that, because, even playing alone, I colonized so many planets that I was earning so many money, and in this games, I love to spend money, maybe you could create some sort of building or supership that need a great amount of gold to stay alive, something like that.

Do you have the Hamachi program?
I don't have any friend that could host the map, they don't have interest in WC3
I play in the europe realm with the name Wizardum.

Level 17
You should have chosen some other name for your project since it was already taken, but I guess it's not that big problem.
I think you should remove certain number of planets, according to the number of players.
When me and my mate were playing 1v1 it took AGES to finish the game.
Since the planets can build fighters you can just select all your planets and zerg your enemy with hundreds of fighters.
Some more unit abilities would be nice.
Different kind of planets might be nice.
Scout units or abilities would be nice. The last 15 minutes of a game is usually about to hunt down the last planet of your opponent.
Overall, it's a nice game but could use some improvement.