• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias Retaliation: Extension Package (v1.6)

Level 1
My extension file isn't working, i play the game and there isn't an intro, i opened the game with admin's rights, i added the registry file and followed the steps, do you guys know what i did wrong?

Ira

Ira

Level 4
i have actually never seen the intro. but all the voices work and im fine with that.

Level 1
My extension file isn't working, i play the game and there isn't an intro, i opened the game with admin's rights, i added the registry file and followed the steps, do you guys know what i did wrong?
CHANGELOG (v1.2B (14)):
- Until Blizzard releases the patch that increases the map size, the intro cinematic has been temporarily disabled (to avoid synchronization issues at game start)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Updated to 1.6:

- Added new music by Kai Engel, Kevin MacLeod, Tabletop Audio and Cousin Silas
- Extension folder no longer contains vault models and intro cinematic files (as those are part of the core game files now)
- Extension folder filepath had been changed to streamline map data: drop the GaiasRetaliation folder into CustomMapData instead of your main directory!

Level 1
what about this ?

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-2_0-53-45.png
    upload_2017-4-2_0-53-45.png
    341.1 KB · Views: 341
Level 1
where i must place the file ? there is no costum maps in here.
upload_2017-4-2_1-15-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-2_1-17-43.png
    upload_2017-4-2_1-17-43.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 300
Level 1
This custom data is not working for my friend - Warcraft III > CustomMapData > GaiasRetaliation

We installed it to a T, Works for him, not for me. He edited his registry edit, it matches exactly what mine is and what is said in the instructions. Can anyone think of a reason the assets of this might not be working for him?
Thanks in advance!

Level 1
I hope this Extension Package can work.
because I follow your step still not get NPC Voice like that.
I want to use this Extension Package to enjoy Gaias Retaliation.
If have good method please tell me.
Thank you very much.

Level 5
@KirisakaKagura if you are usin w3 vers 1.28 recreate CustomMapData in your w3 installation dir and paste the package there,Then do the allow local files in your regedit and it will work.Might need to run w3 as admin the first time you run w3 after you do it tho

Level 10
HELP!! help!! helppppppppppp!!!
The Extension 1.6 isn't working :( I can't live like this without voice acting!! please what to do??
reply quickly!
I've done all of the steps, still no changes on the game so far in terms of custom music and quest voice acting...

Level 10
I'm sorry to bother, but i checked twice, the regedit settings are set, and it says "migration complete" and other stuff there.
I also launched the game in admin and i have win10 64 bit. The intro works fine, but no custom music and voice acting
The same music is running but "inhanced" if you know what i mean. The voice acting and custom music works manually, but not inside the game.
help me please

Attachments

• nonie.png
    nonie.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 317
Level 10
Remember that the files must be placed in Warcraft III/CustomMapData/GaiasRetaliation in your WC3 root directory! It won't work with the files into documents parts of Warcraft!
wow! how stupid of me lol. I did what you said, and it worked now. When i purchased the game, it transformed most of the files in documents "Warcraft III" and I thought that will be the main directory!!!
Anyway, thanks and i hope you get rewarded for your efforts of doing this map... not that i am sure how it happens though...
And i noticed that the game is very very hard in single player. You might need to be lvl 20 at least to kill the wolf and crab bosses..
It doesn't matter, because this map is one of the best! Good luck :)

Level 5
wow! how stupid of me lol. I did what you said, and it worked now. When i purchased the game, it transformed most of the files in documents "Warcraft III" and I thought that will be the main directory!!!
Anyway, thanks and i hope you get rewarded for your efforts of doing this map... not that i am sure how it happens though...
And i noticed that the game is very very hard in single player. You might need to be lvl 20 at least to kill the wolf and crab bosses..
It doesn't matter, because this map is one of the best! Good luck :)
Are you using a merc? :D

Level 10
Are you using a merc? :D
yes, i am. Fortunately, i hosted a map by MMH and found two players!! we played, and it seemed so very easy to do in groups instead of single player. And now i'm already lvl 17 squire. I was so sad when i heard that the maximum level is 50 and you can transform only once.
Now i know why people do other classes haha

Level 10
The newest version of warcraft (1.28) is fairly confusing. For some reason they have your warcraft 3 maps in the documents folder on your PC and as a result this is now where your CustomMapData folder is located for gaias, HOWEVER You still need to create a folder called CustomMapData in your wc3 directory (where it's located in the c://). I would recommend placing the files in your CustomMapData in your documents folder, then copying that entire folder over to your wc3 directory in c:// so it is in both folders

EDIT: I just noticed after I posted this that your answer was already resolved so I guess this post wasn't necessary :(

Level 5
can someone reupload this on something different than mega? Mega links dont work for some ppl

Level 1
Can i do something wrong? When other people joined my game, they have "3" on their names, like they download the map, but we all have it. I am faced with such a problem for the first time in 10 years of playing multiplayer.
1ARpn_fR5v4.jpg

Sorry for bad english.

Last edited:
Level 3
Does the extension pack work anymore? Cant find registry anymore since Reforged changed things around (folders are not the same).
For Reforged:
Code:
I placed "CustomMapData" to "_retail_" folder instead.
The AllowLocalFiles registry for pre-reforged will enable it also for the reforged game. I need not touch the separate new registry entries created after installing reforged.

Last edited:
Level 3
It means that Reforged still detects non-reforged warcraft iii registry entries for "Allow Local Files" and in case of a fresh install of Warcraft III Reforged without prior installs of the older game will require creating a registry entry for it yourself (you'll also need to create beforehand the registry directories to complete the path or simply generate registry directories and key via reg commandline instruction or file reg attached by Bogdan in this forum). To revert just "carefully" delete registry path created or set it to disabled value via changing the key value to 0 instead of 1.

The same reg file Bogdan attached in his guide: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/allowlocalfiles-zip.374165/
The Allow Local Files google search result post: Bogdan's Guide to Local files

@Jumbo
How to enable local files? On Windows, you will have to make a registry key at location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III, with type DWORD and name Allow Local Files, and set its value to 1. An easier way to do this is to open the .reg file attached in a zip archive below this tutorial and accept all popups that get opened because of it.

Alternatively, run this command: reg add "HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III" /v "Allow Local Files" /t REG_DWORD /d 1

On Mac, the terminal command to enable local files is defaults write "com.blizzard.Warcraft III" "Allow Local Files" -int 1

(Replace Warcraft III with Warcraft III Public Test if you're trying to do this for PTR)

Put in the install directory mentioned below - the created CustomMapData (extract here the GaiasRetaliation.zip such that it has CustomMapData/GaiasRetaliation/<the sound folders and version.txt>)
Since 1.32.7, the game root is a subfolder located inside the install directory, with the name of _retail_ for the retail flavour of the game and _ptr_ for the ptr flavour. As you are more likely to be playing on the retail flavour of the game, the example of a game root for 1.32.7+ is C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/_retail_

Last edited:
Level 1
The whole game of Gaias Retaliation + Extension Package are amazing!

The Extension package works via the method above
Summary: install via the .reg file + place 'GaiasRetaillation' folder in Warcraft III/_retail/CustomMapData/

Feedback on the game as a whole:
  • The organic terrain and layout outmatches any other ORPG - almost Elden Ring asymetric level design!
  • Crafting bag needs double size.
  • Crafting rares should drop more (demon heart for instance).
  • Nerf initial bosses please, especially hard for only 2 players, let alone 1!
  • After class change sudden boost, suddenly game is doable alone.
The above changes makes crafting a little more viable compared to just outleveling and buying a better helmet. Also, the initial part of the game shouldn't be the hardest, as some of the initial bosses feel like impossible (like that Wolf, lvl 7 Troll and that first dungeon). I think second-time players just skip dungeons and bosses entirely.