1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaias Retaliation: Extension Package (v1.6)

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Zwiebelchen, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It might also be an issue with your Anti-virus or firewall. Hard to say at this point.

2. G_Freak45

G_Freak45

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can anyone upload the zip file somewhere else? Even a Google Drive... I can't access the file from mediafire, every time it starts downloading it goes good for 15 minutes then network error, and I've downloaded plenty of other stuff today so it's either not on my end or its some issue specific with mediafire.

I really would love to have this.

Oh and when this happens gameranger crashes as well, but only if and when I try to download this, strangest thing in the world.

3. taros060694

taros060694

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a great mod.

Loving it, great voice acting btw lol, really original.

4. SacredLegion

SacredLegion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi all.

I am also having the same problem as Cylian.

I am using Windows 7. I have the latest Gaias map and I just downloaded the extension pack. I am sure that I followed all of the instructions in downloading the extension pack. However, I can't see the cinematic and I can't see the option to see it after choosing a new hero. I play Gaias on Battle.net by myself. My version of WC3 ROC and TFT is the digital copy that I purchased from the Blizzard Online Store. It has the latest patch and I'm able to run Gaias smoothly.

I am not familiar with all of this coding and extracting of files, but I am very sure that I did this correct. I am able to play custom sounds and music within the files from the extension pack. I would appreciate any feedback or some type of advice in getting it to work. I love this game and it would be awesome to experience the new, great things the extension pack has to offer. :)

Here is a screenshot of the directory and regedit:

Thank you!

Attached Files:

5. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Again: the cinematic can only be watched with 4 or less players in the game, due to some technical limitations.

I have an idea on how to change this, but this will come in a future update.

6. sinirli

sinirli

Resources:
    Resources:
    you have 2 gaia folder move the extansion files to first one.

7. SacredLegion

SacredLegion

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tested it on single player, local area network, and Battle.net and it didn't work. I usually play by myself so that shouldn't be the problem.

8. SacredLegion

SacredLegion

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will try that sinirli thank you. I will let you know what happens.

9. sinirli

sinirli

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any texture update with extension. There are files in download so i am curious.

10. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This is planned for a future update to the extension package (along with new music, of course), although only available for the hero skins.

I've found a method to localize the hero textures without desyncs and still have the (double resolution) raw files of the hero skins that Daenar7 made for me. These can and will be included as soon as I have the time for a new extension package release.

11. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sometimes when someone has extension ppl get stuck on load. Loading takes like several minutes and u can't move after that. Last time we had waited for 13 minutes and it hasn't became playable.
    Anyway very good job, I love that custom music and dialogs.

Attached Files:

12. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This is due to synchronizing.
    Will be gone in the next update, as I found a different solution to the problem, that doesn't require synchronizing.

13. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any ETAs? :ogre_hurrhurr:

14. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same shit happened but no one now had extension. Can it happen cuz of syncing even w/o plugin?

Attached Files:

15. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    How many players were in the game? That's the only thing that matters. The syncing only happens up until 4 players, when the syncing time (at reasonable ping rates) will be rather shot. Beyond that, no syncing happens anymore.

16. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    There were 3 players (including me), 1 got crash or desync at start, I don't remember. Well, we had small (I think) ping and it was quite long.

17. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm willing to bet that this had nothing to do with the syncing then.

18. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    MiroBG says he doesn't have such problems on MMH, but I doubt source of problem is bot.

19. MiroBG

MiroBG

Resources:
    Resources:
    Every time tere is someone with expansion and we r playing on Gaiashostbot we get extreme delay for 15-20 mins n then I decide to leave cause it doesnt seems to fix itself...we r talking bout 1 movement command being done by the hero after 2-5 mins of waiting... waiting for load to complete after 5-10 mins.However such prob doesnt happen in MMH games

20. DrizztDoUrden

DrizztDoUrden

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not true, by the way u played with me having extension and sometimes it was OK, we played with other guys extensions and it was also OK. And last time we got shit no one had extension. Well at least I didn't have and I don't think that guy having a graphics crash had.