• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
<---- in game nick Papa.Dragon
got acc on all servers, but I play on europe server, due to spikes on others.

Level 8
Perhaps they dislike the changes in 1.2C or the community so they stay in 1.2B. If their group just wants to do 1.2B things that's completely up to them, it's simply a matter of preference.

Level 10
Well I dunno if there's any correlation, but I've noticed Zwiebel has pretty much stopped updating about the map on the hive website and doesn't really post on the forums via new updates and such as mainstream as he had in the past and seems to do it via discord mostly now. I get why he does that and he wants to keep some surprises for people when they actually play, but there are times where I am very busy and am unable to log on Discord for days at a time and I might completely miss a whole new update myself. There are others who don't even use Discord and may not even know about the updates that are going on.

I think having updates via the forums was a better way to keep the community more in sync with each other. As it stands now all updates and such are more based on word of mouth.

Level 8
Totaly agree, main website is a main website there should be all at hand, if update infos goes in different channel, most peoples will simply miss it. Like i do :(

Level 8
There has simply not been much development recently on account of Blizzard's reluctance to increase the multiplayer map size soft limit. Apart from some balance adjustments (which were never announced before anyway), Zwieb just works on the ancient cave (which is GLORIOUS). I'm sure he'll present that in the forum when the basics are done.

It could also be that he doesn't have time to make carefully worded posts on a forum, which he isn't even obligated to do.

Anyway, there was plenty of hype and constant updates from Zwieb for 1.2C so this has nothing to do with the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.