1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Future Of Warcraft

Submitted by EVILMAN
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Version 1.4
Well, this is my first good map I think. I tried to make it alot like Command And Conquer.
It takes place 3000 years after WOW. The Horde warchief has fallen in combat with no heir to the throne. Now many powerful leaders wish to become the new Warchief and will destroy all in their path to become it. Orcs are the only race. There are AI for the orcs, but there are no skill levels. Please tell me what you think and notify me of any bugs, and overpowered and underpowered units. THIS IS A BETA. Please Comment.

Thank you to: General Frank for his space orcs, YOU RULE MAN!!!!! Mr. Bob for his wicked structures YOU RULE TOO!!!!! And a few other people.

BTW I cant make good maps, so I just modified an official one.
This map is better with teams or FFA not 1v1

Version 1.2 changes:

Just did A quick update, now engineers repair vehicles instead of capturing buildings (there were 2 major bugs with capturing buildings,) and medics cost 80 more lumber.

Version 1.3 changes:

Just did another update adding upgrades. I hope this will improve the map in many ways.

Version 1.4 changes:

Flamethrower model changed to Pyramidhe@d's Furioso Dreadnought model. There was also a bug with a few of the upgrades that I just noticed after posting version 1.3.

Keywords:
Space, Orc, Evilman, Hard, Awesome
Contents

Future Of Warcraft (Map)

Reviews
12:59, 31st Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected]
  1. 12:59, 31st Mar 2010
    ap0calypse: Rejected]

2. Cyper95

Cyper95

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well.
    1. Description needs a fix. Tutorial on how to. Link.
    2. The size of the map is humongous considering it is multiplayer and this means only LAN play :( . Note: There is a limit on Battle.net maps at 8 mb (In case you didn't know).
    3. Well I got no three :D

3. EVILMAN

EVILMAN

Resources:
    Resources:
    tutorial link doesn't work for me. And the custom music takes up like 20mb of space, the map itself is like 5mb in size

4. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    well then its an easy solution, remove the freaking custom music.. xD..., i for one, prefer to listen to my own music while playing.. who gives a shit about the ingame music anyway?

5. EVILMAN

EVILMAN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Music, gone

6. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    lacks tooltips, buldings, upgrades, etc etc..
    0/5 Rejection

7. Hawk

Hawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    People please stop with that "this is my first map" nobody care if this is your first map! Aghhh....
    EDIT: I will check this map next month because of the internet. :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  8. EVILMAN

EVILMAN

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's not done yet, it's a beta. Yes there are no upgrades, yet. And there are buildings, or do you mean not enough buildings.

9. HD888

HD888

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. EVILMAN

EVILMAN

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. Naba

Naba

Resources:
    Resources:
    No offense, but what the hell? Seriously, what is good about this map? It is a ton of (good) models put randomly into a map, and called "altered melee". It is bad, seriously. Nothing makes sense.

12. matej

matej

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hmm...3000 years after...wow...i think ides is nice...but...blah...why you put creeps all over the map when you cant makeor hire Hero in tavern...and creeps drops items too...lol...you have to change lot of things in your map to make it good and playable...

13. M0RT

M0RT

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The creeps protect you from capturing gold mines for free.

However I found out that AI has problems with flying units, it seems they can't build anything anti-air. So do the creeps, a squadron of raiders can clean out the entire map.
    Also radar should have cooldown, this way you can explore entire map in a minute.
    And destcription is very bad, it doesn't say much about the unit (you should include atleast attack type). Also you can change attack/armor type descriptions in Advanced -> Game Interface, you should do that.

14. HD888

HD888

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeh because its a melee map it has no story idiot

15. Naba

Naba

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't be so dumb. So if I make a melee map where let's say, a Tree of life is able to train Space Orcs, you say "oh, that is normal, this is a melee map"? It is okay if it doesn't have a story, I understand that, being a person who made quite some melee modifications. But seriously, the units are just not done logically. It is all spoiled and not good. Not even the requirements of the buildings, or anything. Putting a lot of great models into a map around a theme (the "future", now) won't make it good, or fun.