• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fsjal Drawing Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
FSJAL Drawing Contest #2

Dear members, i would like to present you the second drawing contest which takes place in this social group, like the previous one, it will consist in participants realizing a drawing until the specified deadline which will then be rated by the judges.

Rules"
The rules are similar to the previous one and will be as following:
1) The participants must bring drawings made by them, not found on the internet.
2) If a contestant doesn’t bring the drawing until the deadline he will be disqualified.
3) The drawing brought must not be already posted in the pictures section of the group.
4) The participant must not add background drawing so that it will not interfere with the details of the fsjal.
5) A participant cannot also be part of the Jury.
6) Each participant is allowed to bring only one drawing for the contest but the participant is allowed to add extra details or to edit his submitted drawing if he manages to do so before the deadline.
7) This is a solo drawing contest, paired contestants or teams are not allowed
8) The contestant can use any program he likes in order to draw the fsjal, but he is required to post along his entry what program he used for a more accurate rating
9) Do not create your own deity, only make a drawing of an existing deity, if you choose to make a drawing of an deity which many people have no clue about it, it would be appreciated if you post some information about it or a wiki page for example or an image of it so future problems will be avoided

Theme: - Mythology
The theme will consist of Mythology which means that the contestants need to make a drawing of a deity...a divine being, god, goddess, demigod, mythological beast(if possible) or any humanoid being with supernatural powers which was part of mythology
For example, contestants could draw their own version Zeus, but because we have no exact clue how these deities really look like as they are mostly creations of the human imagination and religion, the contestants are able to create their own version of the chosen deity or a modified one as long as the drawing resembles the traits of the deity which are presented to us
For example, contestants would make their own version of Aphrodite, the greek goddess of love, but they wouldn't add battle armour, weapons or other details which would resemble a war goddess

The Judges - There are currently 3 available places for a user to occupy and enter this contest as a judge, any user can apply to occupy a judge seat but when the time comes, only the users which carry the traits of a judge and are skilled enough to correctly judge and rate the drawings will be chosen.This means that everyone can apply for a seat, but only users which can be trusted to have the role of a judge will be chosen.
Seat 1 - W3.player
Seat 2 - Dynamiczx
Seat 3 - Xian

Dates:
The contest will start today 5th January 2012 and the deadline for bringing the drawing will be 12th January 2012, finally, the contest will end in 17th January 2012 with the judges bringing their ratings

Rating System - There will be a total of 100 points which will be organized as following:

QualityPointsDescription
Basic Traits15The Fsjal basic traits, meaning the eyes, the hands and the mouth, each having 5 points
Originality40How original is the drawing and how much it makes it unique from the other portraits, images of the deity, but still, having a resemblance of it's traits
Details25How much work the contestant has put into working the details and the overall appearance
Difficulty10How difficult it was to turn the deity into the Fsjal form and how good the contestant executed this
Fun10How funny and entertaining the drawing is, more exactly, how good it can inspire that comic fsjal feeling towards the viewers

Level 11
Rewards
Place I – His fsjal as the group’s new public image for a week, his fsjal included in the pictures section as “Honorific drawing” and +rep.
Place II – His fsjal included in the pictures Section as “Honorific drawing and +rep.
Place III – +rep.
I wish all the participants good luck in this contest, and also, for more information, please read the Additional Notes hidden tag below...

Participants - All the participants will be named here and they are as following:
- BloodElf300 -> Entry made
- EloTheMan -> Entry made
- Gorb
- BloodRaven
- Undeadducky -> Entry made
- Wimbo125 -> Entry Made

For contestants:Like mentioned above, the contest will end on 17th January 2012 when the judge will post the results, if you feel that your drawing has been underestimated and under rated, you are allowed to tell that and the judge shall re-examing your drawing, but keep in mind that this shall happen in the same day when the judges finally show their ratings, any other complains received after the day the results were published will not be considered
Also, a little help with the originality quality, like mentioned above, there is no 100% exact clue how a deity looks like, so you can make your own version, but still, it must have the traits the original deity had in possesion, for example, you can't transform the god of war Ares into a god of love or peace for example...
I didn't posted this in the Rules section thinking that it was clear, but for those that are not sure, do not make drawings of characters which exist in current religions, for example, do not attempt to draw Jesus Christ, or Allah, or who knows what else as they are not part of Mythology
I also used the word ,,deity" to cover the characters you can draw in this theme, though i have now been informed that it was wrong, as it only resembles the gods, still, i can't find a proper word since if i edit every ,,deity" word i will pass the character limit, so i want you to know here, that i was reffering to gods, goddesses, mythological beasts, heroes, demigods.

Now for the judges:I put a maximum of 3 seats meaning that a maximum of 3 judges will be available for a more accurate rating of the drawings, when you rate, it is recommended that you shall do it on a skype conference for example or somehow to share your thoughts or ratings, so in case, on of you is absent in 17th January, the others must be able to post your variant of rating and the final rating which is the one where all 3 of you decided for the exact number of points the drawings will receive on each quality, this is also the rating table which will be considered in making the leadership table of the drawings
Also, I tried to make the score table as explicit as possible, if you happen to be confused with it, please contact me(dynamiczx) so i can explain a more detailed version of it so all of you shall understand

Level 11
Greek Mythology was an example, you can take from any mythology you want, the less ,,mainstream"(i mean the less known to people) will be, the better in my opinion, but, if you make a drawing of something pretty unknown to people, it would be recommended if you put some information about it, something with which you can prove that the god, monster, hero or whatever wasn't created by yourself but is part of an existing mythology...Good luck!

Level 14
AWW>>>>> SHIT!
Bloodelf300 is from Greek,what else do we expect?!
Anyway might post a wip soon (medusa or poseidon maybe)

Level 11
So, i assume you participate too...oh well i added you aswell
We also need a judges, so if anyone thinks he is up for it, you can tell here that you want to participate as a judge, later one, the user/s which haves the best skills to be a judge shall be chosen

Level 14
@Killerjel1,he has more information on his country than ours,so assuming,he might know more greek mythological people

Level 11
Yep, and it has only been 2 days since the contest started
We still are in need of judges, if no one would like to volunteer then i think i will ask around for people who would like, if that doesn't work too, if you guys don't mind it i will take the responsibility of being a judge but i doubt i will make an excellent work as one, but still, even a clumsy judge like me would be enough in order for this contest to be completed right eh? hehe

Level 9
I could take a judge seat like in the last contest but... this time we need a better way of communication between the judges... something like last time (each makes his own rating over the drawings and then we make an average) is totally not the way. I was wrong then so... maybe you can come up with a better idea for the judges to give ratings... if you do, i will gladly join.

Level 9
You simply post here (as you already did) and your name is added in the #2 post where all participants are shown. You now must draw an fsjal and post it here until the deadline which is 12 January.

Good luck to all of you!

Level 5
Well heres my entry Hope I will do good with you guys this took me like a day
I used photo Shop

Level 5
OK heres the entry after a day and two posts my
entry for fsjal drawing contest #2 One of thegorgon sisters :Medusa

211764-albums5179-picture54811.jpg

Made by Undeadducky[please dont copy it and name it your own
I did not use some one elses its hundred percent pure undeadducky!;-)
I hope this will win! I used the program Photoshop so yeah
Luvs to Fsjal group Undeadducky

Level 5
And Guys who judge please judge fair
i dont want to win or lose unfairly beacause i am 13 so if its good its good
if its bad its bad
By win or lose i mean 1st, place ,or diddnt place at allz so please mind that judges
But i hope Ill win XD

Level 9
2 statements:
First... the judging anywhere on hive, and of course here in the Fsjals group... is always 98-100% fair and not age/race based. It's based on skill and objective reviews.
Second... it's a nice entry.... but you need to wait for the results... don't be so anxious.

EDIT: A third thing... please try to use better grammar and such. It's kind of hard to understand some of your sentences if you type like that.

Level 11
Ducky, your entry will be judged according to the criteria/score table mentioned in the first post...age or race, like w3.player said doesn't matter

Edit:also, i will sign up for this contest as a judge, i hope you all guys agree with it...

Level 14
Ok,im dropping out and being a judge because someone stole my idea,shit

Level 11
No worriez, Xian, you still had plenty of time this 2 days if you want to make a drawing
And besides, i don't know if ,,stealing" is the right word, since like i said in the original post, there is no 100% clue how all these things look like since they never existed(exept heroes, maybe) so everyone will come out with his own version of it...you shouldn't worry if you and ducky have the same idea, as i am surely it will come out way different

Level 9
Basically... i don't remember a rule that says two contestants can't make the same mythological character... you could still finish your Medusa fsjal if you want. But if you want to be a judge... it's really ok, now we can at least cover up all 3 seats.

Level 5
Sorry for the grammer @w3.player i try to type very quickly im still learning to type fast:p anyway thanks @dynamiczx and @w3.player for the posting on page 3 i wont be so anxious and stuff,and @w3.player i will grammatise beter(i hope that was right xD)
xian dont drop out please i want to see your fsjal
and i also want to see everyone elses fsjals too!

Level 14
Let me drop or i'll use CS5 and all of you will be doomed,anyway i wanna judge :p

Level 5
hahaha @xian
Undeadducky looking at xians post
gets exitced
opens new tab downloads CS5.5
says "this is for the next drawing contest makes ogre hurrr hurrrr face
and eats some pie"
dude i used Cs5.1 im kinda new with photoshop i used Ubuntus crappy art program
gimp for my older fsjals

Level 9
Wimbo... you should have read the rules... the fsjal is not supposed to appear in the social groups's picture section for now... but since we know for sure you made it... (it wasn't there before) i suppose we can make an exception. Also... there should be no background... maybe you can fix that by the time of the deadline.

Nice work, yet i can't tell you any detailed opinion as i am a judge and i have to wait for all drawings.

Level 12
@Wimbo
Very nice entry ! (But take a look to the rules !!!)

@Χιαn
Is a pity that we don`t have you as a participant in the competition !:(
But :
Congratulations, because we'll have you as a member of the jury !:D

@All
To understand, guys, that again - we haven't a poll ?!:(

Level 11
W3.player, actually it doesn't says anything about posting the fsjal in the gallery after it was in the entry...I only stated in the rules that people shouldn't use fsjals which are in the gallery
Though, i would suggest to you, Wimbo, that you should delete it from the gallery, because if it comes out as a winner, it will be a little confusing
And Cakedog, it's impossible to make a poll thread in a social group, or at least that is what i know, if you know how to do it, enlighten me pls :D

Also, Wimbo, the first thing that came in my mind about your fsjal is that it reminds me of Leonidas lol...But i think it should be obvious since he shares similar traits between Ares, but like w3.player said, you should delete the background as it interferes with the rules of the contest...no worries, you won't be disqualified for this, considering that the deadline is on january the 12th and that contestants are allowed to edit their entries before the deadline but i strongly recommend to do it. anyway good job!

Level 8
Tomorrow, the day that all we've been waiting for (lightning in screen).
the Contestants will bring their top Fsjal for the competition and will be judged by:
(Fire in Screen) "W3.Player"
(Vines all over the Screen) "Dynamiczx"
(Water Waves filling the Screen) and "Xian".
Who will win the second competition,who would be the champion!

Goodluck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.