• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frostbite spell's Crystal Maiden DotA, but passive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
New Spell requests go here.

If you have the spell, you can make it work the way you'd like using this framework:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Your_Hero
  • Actions
    • Set roll = (Random integer number between 1 and x)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • roll Equal to 1
      • Then - Actions
        • Cast the spell
      • Else - Actions
        • Don't cast the spell
Change x depending on what chance you want. If it's 10 it'll be 1 in 10.

Level 37
2. Explain the spell.

kMWZAhU.png

Hello! I need help to "reproduce" the ability Frostbite Crystal Maiden DotA, but that is a passive skill with chance, it's possible? Thanks Everywhere :3

Frostbite is just Entangling Roots with a different effect, and last I checked, it's not a passive. If you want it to be a passive, you're going to have to be more specific. Passive how exactly? Everytime the user casts a spell, takes damage, deals damage, or does it just randomly happen? The most common and probably easiest of the 5 is when the user deals damage (excluding it just randomly happening). If thats the case, you would just use a damage detection system and set a variable to equal a random number between 1-100, and then create an if then else branch checking what the chosen number is and actions.

To go back on what Wiet said, Triggers & Scripts is where you go to get help on fixing a trigger/script you already have. In your case, you're asking on how to get one started, and if you look at the text description for Triggers & Scripts...
...But if you need help getting started with a trigger, this is not the right place — use the World Editor Help Zone.

Level 4
If it has to be "passive freezing with a chance to attack" because I'm creating ice units and would like to have that passive

Level 4
Emmm... The passive spell would "the attack, has a 7% chance to freeze the enemy for 6 seconds causing her 20 damage per second"

Level 37
Sorry... then YOU can not help me?

o_O I did? Did you want me to make it FOR you? I don't mind making it for you, but if you had absolutely no intentions of actually making it yourself, post it in the Request forum next time.

...use a damage detection system and set a variable to equal a random number between 1-100, and then create an if then else branch checking what the chosen number is and actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.