• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Need help fixing JASS Code for functions to remove/readd abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
So basically, I've been making a few custom abilities and stuffs, and I realized that some of them won't work properly for one reasons or another. Details below:

• Frostbite Aura
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Frostbite Aura
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Frostbite Damage Aura (Frostbite 1) from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Remove Frostbite Damage Aura (Frostbite 2) from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Remove Frostbite Damage Aura (Frostbite 3) from (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Remove Frostbite Damage Aura (Frostbite 4) from (Triggering unit)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Level of Frostbite Aura for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Frostbite Damage Aura (Frostbite 1) to (Triggering unit)
              • Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(GetLearningUnit(),true,'A69Q')
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Level of Frostbite Aura for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add Frostbite Damage Aura (Frostbite 2) to (Triggering unit)
                  • Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(GetLearningUnit(),true,'A69S')
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Level of Frostbite Aura for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Add Frostbite Damage Aura (Frostbite 3) to (Triggering unit)
                      • Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(GetLearningUnit(),true,'A69T')
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Level of Frostbite Aura for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Add Frostbite Damage Aura (Frostbite 4) to (Triggering unit)
                          • Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(GetLearningUnit(),true,'A69U')
                        • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
  • This is for an ability called Frostbite Aura. When learned, the Hero will gain another Aura on top of that (Frostbite Damage Aura) based on Building Damage Aura (Tornado).
  • In my tests, levelling up the Damage Aura didn't work, and disabled->re-enabled also did not, so the solution is to remove the old and re-add the new when the Hero learns Frostbite Aura. This unfortunately doesn't work if the Hero is preplaced, and learned the ability beforehand.
  • Since I remember that there are other abilities also working that way, I want to make a script that's like this for future-proofing:

JASS:
call ReAdd('myabilcode')

JASS:
//Still incomplete.

function ReAdd1 takes nothing returns boolean
    return (GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped(udg_TempAbilCode, GetFilterUnit()) > 0)
endfunction

function ReAdd2 takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer int = GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped(udg_TempAbilCode, GetEnumUnit())
    call UnitRemoveAbilityBJ( udg_TempAbilCode, GetEnumUnit() )
    set bj_forLoopAIndex = 1
    set bj_forLoopAIndexEnd = int
    loop
        exitwhen bj_forLoopAIndex > bj_forLoopAIndexEnd
        call ModifyHeroSkillPoints( GetEnumUnit(), bj_MODIFYMETHOD_ADD, 1 )
        call SelectHeroSkill( GetEnumUnit(), udg_TempAbilCode )
        set bj_forLoopAIndex = bj_forLoopAIndex + 1
    endloop
endfunction

function ReAdd3 takes nothing returns nothing
    local group Group = GetUnitsInRectMatching(GetPlayableMapRect(),Condition(function ReAdd1))
    call ForGroupBJ( Group, function ReAdd2 )
    call DestroyGroup (Group)
endfunction

function ReAdd takes integer ID returns nothing
    local integer AbilId = ID
    call ReAdd3()
endfunction

, and it will search the map for those with that ability, remove it, then re-add at the same level. However, I'm at a stump, because I ran out of brain juice to figure out a way to remove the global variable udg_TempAbilCode and replace it with 'myabilcode'.

tl;dr: I want to remove the use of Global Variables in my ReAdd functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.