• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. đź”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frost Cloak Off

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Activate Frost Cloak (L)

🌀 10

Activate Frost Cloak to engulf this unit in a shield of frost, causing 30 damage per second to nearby enemy land units.
Drains mana until deactivated.
Deactivate Frost Cloak (L)

Deactivate Frost Cloak to stop draining mana.

I made a custom ability for Lord Marrowgar—Frost Cloak—and had asked some people on Discord if they could remove the icy effect in the Frost Armor icon. Thankfully, @Flinn DMed me his edit in which I used it for the icon to turn off the Frost Cloak ability. I re-edited his output and removed the excess blue effect from the skull in the image. You can use the Frost Armor research icon (not the auto cast icon) for the custom ability's command button: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFrostArmor.blp

If you want to have the Frost Cloak ability in your map, here is the setup for the Object Editor data values. You can use the Immolation ability as a template; make sure it's not a Hero ability. obID is the Object ID you gave the custom ability.
Art - Icon - Normal ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFrostArmor.blp
Art - Icon - Turn Off ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFrostCloakOff.dds
Data - Damage per interval 30.00
Data - Damage Drained per Second 7.00
Stats - Area of Effect 300.00
Stats - Buffs Frost Armor, Slowed
Stats - Duration - Hero 5.00
Stats - Duration - Normal 5.00
Stats - Mana Cost 0
Text - Name Frost Cloak
Text - Tooltip - Normal Activate Frost Cloak
Text - Tooltip - Normal - Extended Activate Frost Cloak to engulf this unit in a shield of frost, causing <obID,DataA1> damage per second to nearby enemy land units. |nDrains mana until deactivated.
Text - Tooltip - Turn Off Deactivate Frost Cloak
Text - Tooltip - Turn Off - Extended Deactivate Frost Cloak to stop draining mana.

Frost-Armor-Comp.png
Contents

Frost Cloak Off (Icon)

Reviews
Mayday
Tags fixed, thank you for uploading :cgrin:
Is that the original on the left? It's kind of ugly :grin:

Please sharpen up your upload, the left from the eyebrow down and on the right side the back of the skull look very choppy

Also, these descriptions are not very appropriate for these uploads, please remove them or shorten them up. If you want to describe an abilities stats, please upload your ability under the spells section and bundle this icon inside it.

And under tags, remove the #command button. I'm also not sure what this has to do with World of Warcraft, either.
(edit: please do this for all your uploads, CommandButton tag is specifically reserved for icons that replace command buttons, such as move, attack, stop, hold position, etc. The World of Warcraft tag should also not be used for Reforged artwork, they are very different games.)

Last edited:
Is that the original on the left? It's kind of ugly :grin:

Please sharpen up your upload, the left from the eyebrow down and on the right side the back of the skull look very choppy

Also, these descriptions are not very appropriate for these uploads, please remove them or shorten them up. If you want to describe an abilities stats, please upload your ability under the spells section and bundle this icon inside it.

And under tags, remove the #command button. I'm also not sure what this has to do with World of Warcraft, either.
(edit: please do this for all your uploads, CommandButton tag is specifically reserved for icons that replace command buttons, such as move, attack, stop, hold position, etc. The World of Warcraft tag should also not be used for Reforged artwork, they are very different games.)
I actually replaced the DISBTN with the choppy "nape". I just didn't update the preview of the four total icons in the description. Also, I don't get what you mean by sharpening it since I didn't lower the resolution of the edited icons. If I make it more sharpened, it won't look consistent with the original Frost Armor icon, the one with the icy effect in the background and on the skull. There isn't really a "better edit" for this icon since no one else attempted to make the edit. Also, as for the spell's attributes in the Object Editor, it's completely optional if they want to make a Frost Cloak ability. They can use this icon for other purposes like a minion skeleton icon. I have removed the CommandButton and World of Warcraft tag from my respective uploads. I just added the WoW tag because there is no Warcraft tag, I guess.

The jagged edge part of the skull was previously covered by the blue/ice glow, but since it was primarily a suggestion we do not have to get that deep into it.

Maybe some new colors can be added in the future for different cloak types 🔥
That'd be easy by changing the hue of the Blue and Cyan colour. Though, someone else can do it themselves. A good idea nonetheless. :smile: