1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Frontier Hero Siege 1.05

Submitted by LoneBee
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Author's Note
Guys, I've came back after quite some years.
However, I did plan to discontinue this project years ago. So, I just came here a bit to check up my map.
I can't even imagine my map has been downloaded (and hopefully enjoyed) by thousands of players, although w3 players are
less likely foundable now, but regardless I'd like to say my thanks to all of you guys! I remembered that this project was the very first step I took into the world of computers, albeit impulsively and vaguely (I think I was in junior high that time). Making this project alone (with online resources from awesome authors) has been a meaningful experience to me. I'm sorry to all of those (if there were any) who waited for an update in vain. Know that I still strive in developing something liveful like games, novels (although as a hobby for now) and if any of you are interested in contacting me, maybe to share aspirations, asking for a joint project, or maybe interested on taking over this map? haha.. feel free to contact me on email: hornet.lonebee@gmail.com

Map Info
In this map, you'll get a chance to choose your own hero, your objective is to protect the Stone of Life from enemies.. I recommended that you play this at least 2 Players.. Well, there are some heroes that can go solo, but there are some heroes that troubled to defend the city alone too.. Oh and please let me know if there is any bugs or errors! Also, the screenshots here are a bit outdated. I'll update it later, please be patient..

Story
Story

In a mysterious fantasy world far, far away...
There was a prosperous continent full of life and harmony, Leasaria was its name.
The plants there had been blessed with health by the ever-merciful Goddess Leasaria using the holy Stone of Life.
Its inhabitants was ready to protect Leasaria with their lives,
The loyal and brave kingdom soldiers, Sonata Knights;
The union of researchers and sorcerers, Espada Magicians;
The faithful followers of Goddes Leasaria, Holy Order;
And Grandalla Mercenaries,a guild full of proud and courageous warriors.
Leasaria was safeguarded by these 4 holding powers from the Kingdom of Grandalla, led by King Zilfallon.

Alas, the peace was not blessed by the Stone of Life, as the denizen of the neighboring continent Rynkarum has arrived in the shores of Leasaria without any peaceful intention. Apocalypse, with its notorious 4 Darkspawn and its leader Drakkar had invaded with its full army, though the leader of Darkspawn, Berial, had been missing and his whereabouts are unknown.

Apocalypse was the ruling power in the barren continent of Rynkarum, a place full of conflict once ruled by the avaricious war-loving Goddess Rynka. She is the polar opposite of her twin, Leasaria, and she envied her for it.
Drakkar's ambition is to create a peaceful place for his people to live in, which motivated him to unite the continent of Rynka. However, the strong influence Goddes Rynka had on her people started consuming Drakkar and his followers.
Drakkar, blinded by Goddess Rynka's greed, declared another war and intended to destroy his world by combining the Stone of Life and Stone of Despair, a stone made by Goddess Rynka to rend the harmony in her continent.

Berial, as the only one not under the influence of Goddess Rynka for an unknown cause, escaped to Leasaria and informed the King of Drakkar's ambition, unknowingly of Goddess Rynkas influence upon Drakkar and his followers. Emperor Zilfallon summoned the 4 factions to unite and defend the Stone of Life from the impending Apocalypse.

And so it began......

Features
-4 Available Slot for Players
-Several Heroes with their unique skills
-AI Allies
-Enemy forces that will attack your town endlessly
-4 Bosses and Some Wanted Bosses
-Items and Recipes
-"Bounty Hunting" System
-AI Ally Heroes that can be recruited randomly after defeat them
-Instrumental BGM

Change Log
Change Log
Version 1.00
-Lack of Quality in environment
-Some imbalance in the gameplay
Version 1.01
-Terrain Quality Improved
-The gameplay has been balanced
-Kills Score Leaderboard has been added
-Several camera appointment has been added
Version 1.02
-3 New Heroes
-Weapon Improvement System added
-Money and Lumber Overtime System added
-Allies Balancing
-Harder Enemies
-New Item
-Environment and Cinematic Improvement
Version 1.03
-Icons Placement Fixed
-Some Skills Explaination Fixed
Version 1.03b
-Icons Malfunctions Fixed
Version 1.04
-New Heroes
-Heroes from FF (Cloud and Squall)
-Some Custom Trigger Spell
-Difficulty depends on the number of players
-New Items and Recipes
-New AI : Wyvern
-AI's Hero changed, you will get one as an ally randomly
-New BGM
-Commands Code (Player 1 Only)
-You can buy gems to heals the Stone of Life
Version 1.05
-Difficulty Error Fixed
-Terrain and Battlefield Changed
-New AI Allies (Riflemen, Mortar)
-New Enemies (Vampire Clone, Demolisher, Bannerman)
-"Bounty Hunting" System
-New Characters and Skills
-HP and MP Regen around the Stone of Life
-Ankh of Reincarnation can be dropped now

Next Plans
Still no ideas, maybe fix some bugs (If there is any)

Gameplay Screenshot
Gameplay

[​IMG]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[​IMG]

Terrain Screenshot
Terrain

[​IMG]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

CREDITS
Thanks to -Grendel, paulH, Mephestrial, Ampharos_222, wugiboy, Frankster, Ramza, Kuhneghetz, Mc !, Elenai, Dan van Ohllus, Kitabatake, Tarrasque, Ket, General Frank, Arisaitou, BloodElf300, TurtleRacingCar, Mobilize, PeeKay, CRAZYRUSSIAN, kola, Palaslayer, NFWar, Hellx-Magnus, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, JetFangInferno, judash137, Pyritie, Tr!KzZ, jatter2, N00byStance, Champara Bros, Infrisios, Nasrudin, Devine, NFWar, Tranquil, Archangel_Tidusx, wojia10502, Lady Kelaodesi, Callahan, Discipline and Pyramidhe@d for their awesome Models and Icons!
SPECIAL THANKS to sonofjay and Setokaiva for their suggestions
Please Subscribe, Rate, Comment or +rep

I'll give +rep for the people who contributed

Map Editors and Contributors
*LoneBee (Me) = Gameplay, Heroes, Items, Skills, Systems, Status
*Furet de Morgenster (My friend and not a hive user, search him at Facebook if you want)= Histories, Translations
*Kandice (Loading Screen Creator)
*Andeavenor (Minimap Display Creator)
*Auhor of the BGM : Animetal Band

"It is either death at the hand of the enemy, or die in the hand of the enemy..."
-Furet de Morgenster

Keywords:
Hero Siege, Hero Defense, Hero, Siege, Defense, FHS, Frontier Hero Siege, Frontier, Drakkar, City, Lonebee, Zilfallon
Contents

Frontier Hero Siege 1.05 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Jun/05 15:23:41 Comment: [Approved] Updated and approved. Resource Moderation - Rules Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/28 18:30:52 Reasons: The disabled versions of custom icons are not...
  1. Vengeancekael - [Contact]
    Date: 2012/Jun/05 15:23:41

Comment: [Approved]
    Updated and approved.

Resource Moderation - Rules
    Vengeancekael - [Contact]
    Date: 2012/May/28 18:30:52

Reasons:
    The disabled versions of custom icons are not imported.

Other:

Comment: [Rejected]
    • Fix the icon positioning: View picture
    • The tooltips are in-depth when learning, but become really short once learned
    • "Summon Mastery" has an active icon
    • "Soul Recover" says it'll heal all summoned units, but you have to select one summoned unit
    • "Ninjato" and "Muramasa Blade" have missing disabled icon versions

Resource Moderation - Rules

2. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You might want to add a screenshot.

3. LoneBee

LoneBee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Screenshot Added, i hope i do it right :cute:

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  4. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dunno to others but I can't see the pictures.

5. LoneBee

LoneBee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Eh? But, i can see it on my screen, or.. Maybe it's just me :vw_wtf:

6. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    NVM, I can see the screenshots now.

The terrain is flat and empty. You might want to improve it,

7. LoneBee

LoneBee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm, maybe on the next version, this one has not been approved, right?

8. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah so while the moderators are not moderating this.. IMPROVE IT NOW OR ELSE THEY WILL REJECT THIS IF ITS NOT ACHIEVE THE HIVE STANDARD!!!

9. LoneBee

LoneBee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're right.. I've improved the terrain quality, is that enough? Have you tried the gameplay? Please tell me more about what is lacking.. Thanks

10. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    okay I'll try it out later.

11. Setokaiva

Setokaiva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well I tried it out, it's neat and simple but yeah still needs work. Here's a preliminary set of suggested fixes...

- Level one Spirit Wolves far too weak and could use an HP upgrade, they useless as it is.
    - Up the regeneration rate of Heroes and Minions to about 3 so they don't have to constantly find a healer but can still easily die.
    - Give periodic gold over time to Heroes so they can earn a little without needing to kill anything, good for getting those last few coins to complete an armor set.
    - Increase base mana regeneration of all Heroes to at least 1.5 or 2 so they can comfortably use their spells without constantly running out of mana.
    - Battle Mage needs fix; if he is supposed to fight in melee he needs to not die in the first few seconds. Lower his mana, increase his health to at least 600, change his model to the Spell Breaker and give him defensive wards and runic weapons instead of straight-up magic attacks, that is more for the pure mages. If you do not do this for him or if you leave these abilities to another hero, then please change the icon setup so his W ability is not located on the far right of his card, it's more confusing the way it is now.
    - Enemy Cannon spawn is too weak, need large improvement in damage and give them hardened skin to weather some weak attack; this means the city defenders will have trouble stopping them on their own needing the heroes to do it... also give them a less underwhelming projectile art, the little spiky ball is kinda weaksauce.
    - The first boss, Gorth the Forth Hell General is misnamed because the event says he is the First Hell General, also he is far too weak I saw the city defenders take him down alone without me so much as lifting a finger to stop him.
    - It makes absolutely NO sense to have the bosses spawn in the middle of the city right in the range of your inner towers which can pour damage on him, have them spawn in the middle lane instead.
    - The Solar Knight's Crimson Heart ability gives FAR, FAR too little HP regen to be worth sinking points into, his Solar Impulse ability is using the wrong effect; doesn't make sense to have an ability that uses solar or fire power to use a pillar of rock to deal damage.

12. LoneBee

LoneBee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Thanks for review, well:
    -First, i think you're right, I will fixed them as you suggested
    -Lv 1 wolf is weak, but its damage isn't too bad, so i think i'll just increases its HP
    -Solar impulse, i think the only think that wrong is the skill name, i'll change it
    -battle mage, uh.. I think i won't change the model, but about armor spell, or runic weapon, and about the HP and MP, that's a good idea, i'll change the starter stats, maybe greater STR and less INT

Well.. maybe it'll take some time. Also, i'll add more heroes too, please give me your review after I updated to next version :goblin_good_job:

EDIT: I've updated :goblin_good_job:

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  13. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Still not approvable, you've always forgotten to import "DISBTN..." of a custom icon. Contact me again later.

14. ToPsYoNe

ToPsYoNe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Version 1.03
    -Icons Placement Fixed
    -Some Skills Explaination Fixed
    Version 1.03b
    -Icons Malfunctions Fixed"

The only thing that you has make a version 1.03b is for update some icons ? :p

i can see the 1.03c :
    Version 1.03c
    - Add 1 doodad for a better gameplay :p
    im joking, i will try your map

15. Schamanu

Schamanu

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should add a description of how wood is earned in the quests section (F9). I figured you get it over time or maybe every 10, 15 or so kills, clarification would be good. I played 2 heroes, and for the Dwarven Desperado i noticed that the ultimate is rather week, it does the same dmg as the first skill (150dmg) but i think in a lower radius and at a lower rate and with higher mana costs, maybe u want to increase the damage of the ultimate (you might increase the cooldown, mana cost etc.).

All in all its still a rather simple (i.e. not as elaborate as others) Hero def (not ment to sound negative) but its entertaining. Good job.

16. LoneBee

LoneBee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Good Idea :thumbs_up:

I think i will increased the damages and radius a bit

lol, well, about that, This map was once rejected because that icons problem :xxd:

17. nhammen

nhammen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some suggestions for next version:
    1- Make the bosses more dificult for each player that enter in game current dificulty perfect for solo, After each boss is defeated increase armor and dmg of mobs
    2- Maybe some recipes that gives you stats
    3- I would like to have some kind of eventto earn some extra money
    4- And after the final wave destroy the portals no more creeps easy to max out with money

18. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice to see this map get approved. Good job mate, +rep

19. LoneBee

LoneBee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Two of them will be added at next update :goblin_good_job:

Hmm.. It will take some times to make it, but i'll try :thumbs_up:
    About this, maybe it'll make the Stone of Life left unharmed, but i'll think about that :thumbs_up: