• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FREE BEER... Now that we have your attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I need testers for my map, Kung-Fu Fighting. In this map you pick a fighter to use and, by using spells combined with wit, kill the other Kung-Fu artists until a kill limit is reached.

This map includes:

7 Different Kung-Fu Fighters.
1. Child

2. Golem

3. Ninja

4. Ogre

5. Pandaren

6. Peasant

7. Samurai

3 Items, and 3 Recipies.

Items:
1. Boots of Speed
(+60 Movement Speed)

Gem of Health
(+1 Health)

3. Gold Coins

(+1 Gold)

Recipies and their Results:

1. Boots of Greater Speed
(Upgrades Boots of Speed)
-Increases Speed addition from 60 to 120.

2. Gem of Greater Health

(Upgrades Gem of Health)
-Increases added health from 1 to 2.

Kung-Fu Badge
(Combines Gem of Greater Health and Boots of Greater Speed)
-Frees up 1 Inventory Space

7 Abilities:
1. Fan of Knives:

The Kung-Fu master throws a fan of knives at all units around him, they must cast the block spell to block it.

Kick:

Kicks the targeted enemy unit, dazing it for 3 seconds.

Shadowmeld:

Turns the Kung-Fu Master invisible until they either cast a spell, attack, or block.

Throw Shuriken:

Throws a Shuriken at the targeted point, dealing 1 damage to all units in the way.

Attack:

Attacks the targeted area, killing whoever is to slow to block.

Block:

Blocks all attacks for 1 second starting on cast.

7. Melee Attack:

Attacks the area directly in front of the Kung-Fu Master, dealing 1 damage.

Without your input on the map I will not be able to improve it. If you make a relevant comment that causes a positive change in the map, you will be given a +rep and added to the credits. If you help me enough, I may even add an item or a hero to commemorate you.

Possible ideas for changes:

1. Terrain Improvements

2. New Kung-Fu Masters

3. Different Spells

4. An improved attack spell (please)

5. Item ideas

6. Random Events, etc.

I will be adding any possible updates to the map every Sunday, and responding to your comments every Saturday, so don't get offended if I don't reply to your comment right away. And if your unlucky enough to post a comment on a Sunday, sorry, but you'll have to wait until the following Saturday before I reply.

Also, Check out my other maps! Also my version of this posted in the maps section. Here's some helpful links!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-23-10

I just realized that the threads with my other maps are closed! So instead of posting there, email me at [email protected], thanks!

3-25-10

The reason I don't have screen-shots is because my new keyboard doesn't have a screen-shot key! If someone could email me some screen-shots to the email address above, (3-23-10), I would surely give them a +rep.

Note: Screenshots will be added eventually.

Attachments

• Kung-Fu Fighting 1.23.w3x
    766.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Level 14
Euhm...
Golem as a kung-fu fighter? Child? the heck. Change their names.
And I suggest you add a special spell for each hero.

Level 4
mmk maybe this?

for the names (unless its suppose to be multi race-kung fu ppl)
Child-Pupil
Golem-Defensive Kung Fu Artist
Ogre-Brute Kung Fu Artist
Ninja-Swift Kung Fu Artist
Pandarian-crazy gawd dam panda that knows kung fu!!(AKA Po(from kung-fu panda))
Peasant-No Idea, Kung Fu Guy?
Samurai-Kung Fu Instructer?Kung Fu Master?
and maybe they get to choose which one they want but they all have to start out as a pupil =O
aswell you dont have to switch em to thses....just totally random suggestions

for the items
Yin-Yang
Wrist Band (Atk Speed)
Jump Suits (defense/attack speed)
Kung Fu shoes (movement speed)
Kung Fu Medalion (bonus to all stats)
all the belts (eg. black white orange yellow etc..)
Wudang Horse Tail Whip(weapon)
Wudang Wushen Ornamental sword(weapon)
Majia(aka Vest)(armor and attack speed)
Wushu Spear(Weapon)
Sash(attack speed OR damage OR armor OR all)
Wushu Twin Broad Sword(weapon)
i think thats enough...if you want more just tell me

Events:
buesy atm ill fill this in later...

Level 6
mmk maybe this?

Child-Pupil

What a load of shit, don't ever change em to this.

Anyways, sounds like fun, some screenshots would be nice before downloading the whole map.

Level 6
Well, instead of classes, i would personally have the players decide their Kung-Fu style.

For example, Shaolin Kung Fu and Monkey Fist -styles are two totally different styles to fight.

I don't know what the author of the map thinks of this, but i'd be happy to help with more ideas and such.

Level 1
Uh, Gem of Health = +1 health?
Change it plox.

Unless... Unless the dmg in this game shall be lower?

Also, if you need spell ideas I can help you with that.

Oh and, instead of searching your mind night and day for class names, why not just do: White belt, yellow belt, orange belt, green belt, blue belt, brown belt, black belt, etc, etc.

Level 6
3-27-10 - Comment Responding

Comment 1:

Herian
Euhm...

Yes a Golem is a Kung-Fu fighter, so is the Child. What's wrong with their names if that is what they are?

Comment 2:

shadow487

mmk maybe this?

Child-Pupil
and maybe they get to choose which one they want but they all have to start out as a pupil =O

for the items

Yin-Yang
Wrist Band (Atk Speed)
Wushu Spear(Weapon)

Events:

That is the kind of comment I like to see. Lots and lots of ideas. Good job. Although the ideas aren't great, their okay. I probably won't rename the fighters because their supposed to be the same except for the model. But if the players want me to make them different, I probably will end up making them different. I think I'll give you a +rep just for posting that comment, thank you. Let this be an example.

Comment 3:

DudeSpirit
Well, instead of classes, i would personally have the players decide their Kung-Fu style.

For example, Shaolin Kung Fu and Monkey Fist -styles are two totally different styles to fight.

I don't know what the author of the map thinks of this, but i'd be happy to help with more ideas and such.

Hmm.... styles may be hard to make. Do you mean like in custom Hero Arena where you choose all of your spells then get a class name based on the spells you chose? Or where you choose a hero then a class, which has different spells.

Comment 4:

Loftu

Change it plox.

Also, if you need spell
ideas I can help you with that.

Oh and, instead of searching your mind night and day for class names, why not just do: White belt, yellow belt, orange belt, green belt, blue belt, brown belt, black belt, etc, etc.

The fighters start with 1 health, so a 1 health increase is a lot. I would love spell ideas, please give me some. I won't do that as classes, but I may make a saving system that saves your belt, just for show, but it may work. You may get belts for getting certain amounts of kills or something. But I don't know how to make a saving system.

Sorry for this being late, but I had lots of stuff to do today. Sadly, there most-likely won't be a map update tomorrow due to the lack of responses. Unless a large amount of people respond before tomorrow, there probably won't be an update. Also, for those of you who don't know, I cannot make screen-shots due to my keyboard not having a screen-shot key. Anyone who can send me screen-shots based on the things in my first post, will get a +rep, thank you.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

You should add more items, and Unforgotten realms ftw!

Level 14
Well, yes I do have a problem :
I can't imagine a golem kicking ass in Kung-Fu.
For the child, I guess no problem.

Level 21
Comment 1:

Herian
Euhm...

Yes a Golem is a Kung-Fu fighter, so is the Child. What's wrong with their names if that is what they are?

Comment 2:

shadow487

mmk maybe this?

Child-Pupil

for the items

Yin-Yang
Wrist Band (Atk Speed)
Wushu Spear(Weapon)

Events:

That is the kind of comment I like to see. Lots and lots of ideas. Good job. Although the ideas aren't great, their okay. I probably won't rename the fighters because their supposed to be the same except for the model. But if the players want me to make them different, I probably will end up making them different. I think I'll give you a +rep just for posting that comment, thank you. Let this be an example.

Comment 3:

DudeSpirit

Hmm.... styles may be hard to make. Do you mean like in custom Hero Arena where you choose all of your spells then get a class name based on the spells you chose? Or where you choose a hero then a class, which has different spells.

Comment 4:

Loftu

Change it plox.

Also, if you need spell
ideas I can help you with that.

The fighters start with 1 health, so a 1 health increase is a lot. I would love spell ideas, please give me some. I won't do that as classes, but I may make a saving system that saves your belt, just for show, but it may work. You may get belts for getting certain amounts of kills or something. But I don't know how to make a saving system.

Sorry for this being late, but I had lots of stuff to do today. Sadly, there most-likely won't be a map update tomorrow due to the lack of responses. Unless a large amount of people respond before tomorrow, there probably won't be an update. Also, for those of you who don't know, I cannot make screen-shots due to my keyboard not having a screen-shot key. Anyone who can send me screen-shots based on the things in my first post, will get a +rep, thank you.

Firstly, cut that multicolored writing out, secondly, just please... a kung fu fight map? with a golem? you know what a golem is, right? thirdly, this is unoriginal, try to think of a better thing as just another "deathmatch map"...

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.