• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fraps or Hypercam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Well, my friend gave me his copy of Fraps then I tried it.
It records smoothly and does not lag my game, but I realized that you can't use it outside game (except firefox)
Then my friend suggested Hypercam, that can records anything on the display. But does it lag the game while recording? And which is better? I want a multi-purpose recorder, but hypercam looks blurry on some sources in google.
Or should I get www.zdsoft.com/

Last edited:
Level 17
Fraps is better for recording hardware accelerated products (like DSG said), but if you plan to use it for more than those purposes get Hypercam.

Level 18
Fraps gives you gigas of size

recorded RoA and now i must compress them using Virtual dub,
each sec = 2 mb, because the processor doesn't haev enough time to compress the vid(i've read it in the internet)

from 2 gigs into 50 mb lol

each time you pass 4 gigs, fraps will indeed split them... my vid got splitted 6 time. =.=
i suggest Taksi ,search in google Taksi video recorder

LOLOLOLOL:
(Peper,taksi doesn't mean our language(yang artinya taxi wkwkw) :D, actually it is it's name)

EDIT:
Taksi can't hook on Garena idk why
Fraps can o_o

just use fraps when you need it in garena
and if you need explanation about the hooking using taksi, or codecs whatever ask me by PM

Level 5
i usually use fraps for my commentaries and such.. hypercam.. i can't remember the last i tried it... a number of people say the quality is slightly lower.. for me.. im ok with fraps it slowin the game down doesn't affect my videos and its file size is barable for me.. but if you don't have an extra hard disk for storage.. fraps is NOT recommended..

Status
Not open for further replies.