• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FPS drops after 1.36

Level 29
You might check out this thread below. Someone had already posted it beforehand:

There are numerous implications here in this thread:
1.Your CPU is not too good for handling such a resource-demanding game. In other words, it caused a serious bottlenecks if you combine such a weak CPU with stronger GPUs. Not all GPUs have the same good performance that will run such an AAA games on 1080p.
2.Before starting the game, you must make sure that Warcraft III uses the discrete GPU. In Windows 10/11, you can navigate to "Settings" -> "Display" -> "Graphics", then add the executable file for Warcraft III (located in "retail/x86_x64" folder), and make sure it's the "High Performance".
3.If the second solution won't work for you, updating the graphics card driver will solve the problem.

Also, latest Reforged patches are known for producing serious problem relating to the performance. This is due to the fact the game uses a high amount of resources to prevent memory leak-related crashes. Not to mention, playing the game on HD Mode will increase the risk of FPS drops.

Level 8
You might check out this thread below. Someone had already posted it beforehand:

There are numerous implications here in this thread:
1.Your CPU is not too good for handling such a resource-demanding game. In other words, it caused a serious bottlenecks if you combine such a weak CPU with stronger GPUs. Not all GPUs have the same good performance that will run such an AAA games on 1080p.
2.Before starting the game, you must make sure that Warcraft III uses the discrete GPU. In Windows 10/11, you can navigate to "Settings" -> "Display" -> "Graphics", then add the executable file for Warcraft III (located in "retail/x86_x64" folder), and make sure it's the "High Performance".
3.If the second solution won't work for you, updating the graphics card driver will solve the problem.

Also, latest Reforged patches are known for producing serious problem relating to the performance. This is due to the fact the game uses a high amount of resources to prevent memory leak-related crashes. Not to mention, playing the game on HD Mode will increase the risk of FPS drops.
I think the developers did something with optimization, I already met people in the game with a similar problem, on version 1.34 the game became much smoother, especially the menu, then the fps in the menu increased, and the game went smoothly. and now in 1.36 the game is going badly. i'll try some methods, but i think it's wc3 issue, in 1.34 they obviously improved the optimization, but now they screwed up