1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fortification wall

Submitted by MassiveMaster
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I made this for a wall system a while ago. I wanted to have buildable and walkable walls (via triggers) with different animations for each level of destruction:

-Undamaged (Stand)
-Damaged with destroyed battlement (Stand upgade first)
-Destroyed with only the destructed base remaining (Stand upgade second)

But when building the walls on uneven ground the walls have different hights that doesn't look that good. Thus, this works only on completely flat terrain (ugly).
If anybody knows a good solution, please give a comment how to do this. :)

I also will attach a test map, where you can see how the model is intended to work (with some rudimentary triggers).

The model only uses ingame textures (for low filesize) and has a portrait camera, team colour, the standard animations (Stand/Birth/Death/Decay) and two upgrade levels.

Updates:
-Changed the texture unwrap of the wooden wall walk
-Added an underground base
-Fixed animations by using GeosetAnims instead of scalings
-Changed animation names of undamaged and destroyed version for easier use as doodad
-Dust now correctly disappears at the end of the animations

Pls give credits, if you use it in your map.
You are allowed to modifie it as long as you give credits.

Keywords:
fortification, wall, stone, building, structure, medieval, age,
Contents

Fortification wall (Model)

Reviews
Frankster [img]: Good old memories about the game Stronghold arise when I see this model. Might be very useful for castle maps and generic medieval games. Works in-game and performs well. (You might want to create a diagonal piece, a corner...
  1. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes I'm on 1.26, all the maps work, and this is the standard editor :thumbs_up:
    I tryed by clicking on open map and that still doesn"t work. It's strange...

2. MassiveMaster

MassiveMaster

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Really strange indeed. Do you get any error message and does it crash instantly or during the loading of units, doodads,... whatever? Can you play the map by starting it through Wc3? And do you have all graphic settings on high?
    I attached the map to this post with a shorter name and a much older version for testing. Try to open them and tell me what happens.

Attached Files:

3. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    The maps crashes during doodads loading (at 200/1255) and I can't play the map with wc3. My graphic settings are close to the maximum (models graphics are at the highest).

Then the map with a shorter name craches at the same point than the original but the older one works good (incredible =P!!!).

Thanks for your help even if this version isn't complete, your wall system looks very nice ^^!

4. MassiveMaster

MassiveMaster

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok, then it probably crashes for you because of the high res tree doodads. I made a version for you where I replaced them with standard models so may open it. The older map I gave you was just for testing if you can open my maps at all. It's very different from the current state of the system. :grin:

Attached Files:

5. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hallelujah! I can open the map and play it through WE!

Thanks a lot, and congratulations for your map/models :grin:

6. corpuzmarvicjune

corpuzmarvicjune

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, i have a question.. How did you customize the building facing degrees in your test map.?

7. KOYK GR

KOYK GR

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi man i love the system that you have made but i have a problem.when i resize the map i get an error. basically every time i do something i get an error.
    and i want to make an openrpg map and i cant even delete the main cinematic code without any problem...so if you are kind to make a large map with just the wall system and the castle models. i will happy!!!!! :grin: thanks bro!

8. koosha

koosha

Resources:
    Resources:
    where is your presentation map?
    I cant find a map for seeing.

9. Hebert09

Hebert09

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow what a great wall mod! Im trying to use it in my brand new helms deep for the deeping wall but am having trouble with the team color as a doodad. I think it presets to red when i want the team color to remain black. Any tips???

10. Accname

Accname

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want to use this model as a destrucible and play its "death upgrade first" animation by triggers. However, it keeps looping the smoke effect at the end. (all models from the pack do) Is there anything you can do to change that?
    Besides that its a really awesome and useful model.

11. modelernovice123

modelernovice123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey how do i rotate the walls?

12. Emperor Antares

Emperor Antares

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow. Good job. Keep it up.