• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fortification wall

I made this for a wall system a while ago. I wanted to have buildable and walkable walls (via triggers) with different animations for each level of destruction:

-Undamaged (Stand)
-Damaged with destroyed battlement (Stand upgade first)
-Destroyed with only the destructed base remaining (Stand upgade second)

But when building the walls on uneven ground the walls have different hights that doesn't look that good. Thus, this works only on completely flat terrain (ugly).
If anybody knows a good solution, please give a comment how to do this. :)

I also will attach a test map, where you can see how the model is intended to work (with some rudimentary triggers).

The model only uses ingame textures (for low filesize) and has a portrait camera, team colour, the standard animations (Stand/Birth/Death/Decay) and two upgrade levels.

Updates:
-Changed the texture unwrap of the wooden wall walk
-Added an underground base
-Fixed animations by using GeosetAnims instead of scalings
-Changed animation names of undamaged and destroyed version for easier use as doodad
-Dust now correctly disappears at the end of the animations

Pls give credits, if you use it in your map.
You are allowed to modifie it as long as you give credits.

Keywords:
fortification, wall, stone, building, structure, medieval, age,
Contents

Fortification wall (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Good old memories about the game Stronghold arise when I see this model. Might be very useful for castle maps and generic medieval games. Works in-game and performs well. (You might want to create a diagonal piece, a corner piece and...