• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forsaken Dark Ranger

I was thinking to make a unit model... but it end up look op than my Ex sylvanas model. :hohum:
Hope u find useful with her in ur map projrct and always enjoy have fun...

Update
collision shape added
sanity done...
Previews
Contents

Forsaken Dark Ranger (Model)

Forsaken Dark Ranger (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A lovely model edit with an immense amount of custom geometry and lovely use of in-game textures and materials/material combinations. Great job.
Level 48
Not much edit on her face I just reskin and forcus on her gear and dress... glad u guys love it...
Nevertheless it looks unique, and I like that.
I've noticed a few things that could be changed.
First of all, MDLVis or Magos broke all of your geoset animations, making their alpha 0.6 and such. This isn't a big deal (shouldn't affect anything really), but you might want to change them to alpha 1, save as .MDL in Magos and then convert back to MDX using MDLX Conv.
Secondly, Spell is not looping yet it looks like it should be a looping (Stand Channel / Spell Channel) animation. End result is that when she casts a spell with a longer cast time than the short spell animation, she freezes in place most likely.
Finally, this is a recommendation and it's something I did for my own Ranger-based hero. You can turn Stand Victory into a spell by messing with it a little, Retera's Model Studio is great for that - you can speed it up to be 1 second or so, and change the arrows so they fly faster and at a better angle. That way it can look like a "Barrage" spell of some sorts, imagine something based on Blizzard with arrows raining down (also a spell in Guild Wars 2, Rangers have it on their Longbows). I can show you my model in private so you can take a look.
You could also add the living Sylvanas' Spell animation. And for all Spell animations I would recommend adding particle effects. If you're unsure how, Mythic has a guide somewhere that should help.

Level 12
great model can maby make banshee version of her like you made a banshee version for your Sylvanes model ?

Nice additional details, makes this model a good fit for some RPG maps 👍
@kangyun I would like to draw your attention to the following:
(I don't know how valuable this model is to you, but there are some things that can be improved to make your model more technically polished.)
The first thing is your 'Spell' sequence. To work correctly, the 'Spell' must have the same start and end frames as in the 'Stand', the same poses for the model, in other words. Otherwise, your model will play its animation abruptly and there will be no smooth transition when the model is ordered to play the 'Spell' animation through some spells.
Right now your 'Spell' looks more like 'Stand Channel', so it might be a good idea just to rename the 'Spell' sequence to 'Stand Channel'.
Also there's no difference between the 'Attack-1' and 'Attack-2' sequences, so one of them should be removed.
Best regards!