• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest War

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: StoPCampinGn00b

Forest War

Author: Zaramorus

Description

Small meele map where are not many monsters, but there is the other leader to fight and gold mines dont have much gold so be fast.

Features

4 Green Creep Encampment
2 Orange Creep Encampment
1 Tavern
4 Goldmine

Screenshots

239572-albums7702-picture90462.png

MMDG Generated
Template By: eubz

Keywords:
Forest, war, small
Contents

Forest War (Map)

Reviews
21:35, 5th Nov 2014 StoPCampinGn00b: Map was not updated for weeks, the standards aren't being met.
Level 32
Map Review - Complete
Map Version - Unknown

user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Forest War
by Zaramorus
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

Scores

Explanation

Gameplay: 11/25
Terrain & Scenery: 7/20
Bugs & Consistency: -/-
Total Score: 18/45

5 Stars: 94%+ (47+/50)
4 Stars: 65% - 93.99% (35-47/50)
3 Stars: 45% - 69.99% (20-34/50)
2 Stars: 20 - 44.99% (10-19/50
1 Stars: 0 - 19.99% (1-9/50)

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
This category is for how well you made your map to affect melee gameplay. Specific rates will be focused on creep and drops, passive buildings, and balance.

I understand you want the creeps to be low, but having very few is a little disappointing. Creeping would only be done in the first 10 minutes of the game in this map, and there is no red camp. It causes the game really fast paced with low level heroes. I've played 2 times, won the first time in around 13 minutes, lost the second time in around 13 minutes. Item drops are fair and fit the level of the creep. One more thing, orange/red camps should have ranged attackers, mostly to fight against flying units.

As for the passive buildings, a lone tavern sits in the middle. A goblin merchant is a must, even more so since there are less creeps, thus less item drops. Pro hero players may turn their back on this map because of it. The optional passive buildings would give it a flare, though due to the small map size, it seems as there would be no space. Good job on not crowding the map unlike others who +2 of every single passive building.

The map is balanced map layout wise, there may be 10% more trees in the top right than the top bottom, but that is not a major issue since trees are everywhere near the starting points. Starting points are equal distance to their goldmines and other recourses. Race wise, I don't see any special thing in the map giving major advantages or disadvantages to certain races.

11/25
Terrain & Scenery:
Here I will rate tile terrain tile usage, doodad placement, and anything related to the visuals of the map.

Terrain tiles are used okay in this map, there is a variety, but it's mostly just random variety instead of making specific terrain for paths, foresty areas, etc. It doesn't look bad, it's just not good quality and I wouldn't see people complimenting you on tile usage. Also, I don't mind too much, but I know some people dislike to see chunks of map leading into black boundary.

Cliffs don't look over done and the map has it's fair share of height leveling. None of the leveling obstructs things in the map.

Well, it's lacking in the decorating department. It looks a little empty. The only doodads excluding trees are: 2 houses (with small fences), 4 wheat, 2 heads with spears impaled into them, and maybe 10 rocks. It doesn't look nice! There aren't even any critters on the maps like raccoons, chickens, or birds.

7/20
Bugs & Consistency:
Here I rate how fair the map is in minor mistakes and bugs. (But it's a melee map!)

-/-
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules. One rule is still not followed, I will still keep this in the section until you meet the expectations.
- You must add a changelog!

[tr][TD]
navbits_start.gif
NOTES

[tr][TD]Overall the map has a quite a few recommended parts missing for a melee map, and is only slightly aesthetically pleasing at the same time. Feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) Reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
[/TD][/tr]

[/TD][TD][/TD][/tr]
[tr][TD]
user_offline.gif
[/TD][TD][/TD][TD]
user_offline.gif
[/TD][/tr]

Last edited: